August CoroCoro Photos Leaking
Update #8 (6:45 AM) – The large scan from earlier is apparently a fake, at least according to 2ch. The two photos below, however, are definitely real. I have removed all information from the fake scan for now. More CoroCoro photos or scans should be coming today or tomorrow.
Update #7 (6:00 AM) – Details on swan’s ability and broccoli’s attack. | Update #6 (5:45 AM) – Season info added. | Update #5 (5:30 AM) – Shikijika’s entry updated and a new scan of its formes added below. | Update #4 (5:15 AM) – New translations added below! | Update #3 (5:00 AM) – Clearer scan uploaded below, more translations coming. | Update #2 (4:45 AM) – Possible name inspiration for Shippou City added below. | Update (4:30 AM) – Types and other info added.
Photos of the August issue of CoroCoro magazine are currently leaking; click the thumbnails below for larger pictures. Translations are below thanks to Sabonea_Masukippa and Viper.Fox. Please read the previous update for new Pokemon.
- Shikijika is a Normal / Grass-type (as revealed in the previous update) and changes its color depending on the in-game season.
- In the spring Shikijika is pink (like the official Ken Sugimori artwork), in the summer it is green, in the fall it is orange, and in the winter it is brown.
- There will be a new in-game season each month of the real year, meaning three seasons a year.
- As seen on the bottom of the scan, the color of Isshu’s terrain changes depending on the season as well.
- Aloe is the Gym Leader of Shippou City (シッポウシティ).
- The city could be named after a religious Buddhist term for the “Seven Precious Treasures,” being Gold, Silver, Pearls, Agate, Crystal, Coral, and Lapis Lazuli. Some of these have been game namesakes to boot. It can also be named after “Cloisonne,” which is enamel work (“enamelware in which colored areas are separated by thin metal strips”). So the city may deal in religion or art (or perhaps uses the metal from that religious term for the enamel work). Considering Aloe is wearing a big apron, she might be a cloisonne ware maker. But none of this is confirmed yet of course!
- Speaking of which, an “aloe” is an African flower.
|Post a Comment on PB's Forums / Register to Comment|
To link to this article, copy and paste the first code below when posting on a forum or the second code when posting on a website:
- [url=http://pokebeach.com/2010/08/august-corocoro-scans-leaking-several-new-pokemon]August CoroCoro Photos Leaking[/url]
- <a href="http://pokebeach.com/2010/08/august-corocoro-scans-leaking-several-new-pokemon">August CoroCoro Photos Leaking</a>
For current Pokémon news, please return to the main page. New developments may have occurred since this news story's original publication; please use the "Search Site" feature in the right menu to find recent news related to the subject matter above or simply monitor the main page for the latest Pokémon news.