Last of the Supposed ‘X’ and ‘Y’ Insider Information
This is the last Pokemon X and Y “insider” information we have to post. Note that like all of the other information we have posted, please take it with a grain of salt (what does that expression even mean?). We have no way of knowing how much of it is real until Pokemon confirms or denies each individual item. So again, please take all of the information here as unconfirmed and rumor until we hear something official.
Later today Pokemon Smash will air. While most expect it will just be a rehash of what CoroCoro had, you never know if they might reveal something more since Junichi Masuda will be on the show. We’ll see soon, so be sure to check back!
- Pancham evolves into Pangoro in the early level 30s. In order to evolve Pancham into Pangoro, you need to have one other Dark-type Pokemon in your party. Pangoro’s type is Fighting/Dark.
- A Pokemon named Inkay evolves into Malimar. To evolve it, you have to hold your 3DS upside-down when it levels up (the 3DS has an accelerometer and gyroscope, so it can detect that). Malimar’s type is Dark/Psychic.
- A Psychic-type Pokemon named Espurr (ESP + purr) evolves into Meowstick (Meow + mystic?). (Sounds like Psychic-type cats. Meowstick’s name sounds too similar to Meowth to me though.)
- Like in B/W you have two rivals – one is friendly and the other is competitive. Your rival that is more friendly gives you his/her fully evolved starter Pokemon after you beat the game.
- Another professor named Sycamore gives you either Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle.
- Even though it shows the player riding on a Gogoat in the new trailer, players can’t ride on their own Pokemon. What was shown is just an alternate way of getting around Lumiose City and it only works with Gogoat.
- HMs still exist but there’s a lot less of them.
- Players will be able to see their Pokemon’s EVs (probably through the same in-game facility mentioned in the other post).
- A new move, Belch, is a Poison-type attack that has a base power of 120. The user must consume a held Berry to perform it.
- Draining Kiss is a Fairy-type attack that heals the user for the same amount of damage performed. It has a base power of 60.
- If the previously revealed forme of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly similar to Mewtwo’s original design, the second supposed form of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly/vaguely similar to Mew‘s design.
- In case you missed our correction the other day, the Starters’ final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting.
Again, some or all of this information could be fake and should be taken as rumor until Pokemon validates it or not. To discuss these unconfirmed rumors, feel free to check out this thread on our forums!
|Post a Comment on PB's Forums / Register to Comment|
To link to this article, copy and paste the first code below when posting on a forum or the second code when posting on a website:
- [url=http://pokebeach.com/2013/05/last-of-the-pokemon-x-y-insider-information]Last of the Supposed ‘X’ and ‘Y’ Insider Information[/url]
- <a href="http://pokebeach.com/2013/05/last-of-the-pokemon-x-y-insider-information">Last of the Supposed ‘X’ and ‘Y’ Insider Information</a>
For current Pokémon news, please return to the main page. New developments may have occurred since this news story's original publication; please use the "Search Site" feature in the right menu to find recent news related to the subject matter above or simply monitor the main page for the latest Pokémon news.