New Forum Suggestions

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Does anyone have any suggestions for the forums, such as things they miss from myBB? I heard someone mentioned they missed seeing the post count under each person's avatar - do you guys want that back? I kind of miss seeing how many people are online per forum when browsing the forum home. I also miss the stickies being separated from the rest of the threads. I'm going to look into doing all of this, but is there anything else you guys want?

1. Updated contact information. Things like Friend Codes are irrelevant now, NNIDs are where it's at (also Xbox gamertags, PSN names, Steam IDs, Twitch/Youtube channels, etc.).
2. Note pad. myBB had it, it was nice for keeping track of some old threads and stuff.
3. This might be something you can't do, but more diverse/silly Forum Games. Everything besides YLYL is an RPG/Werewolf spin-off.
4. Post count under each person's avatar, that's a good one too.
5. Featuring some of the best of Creative Works on the front page. Fan-made stuff is great: allows for exposure of the creator and encourages others to participate as well and hopefully improve.
6. A better place for non-Pokemon games discussion. Condensing it all into Beach Life makes it feel cluttered.
7. WebM support. I realize this may be impossible, but I figured I should mention it anyway.
8. Have the Current Visitors page set to Members by default. Having it set to Everyone and seeing a bunch of guests doing nothing looks ridiculous.

That's all I've got for now, I'll come up with more though.

Last edited:
I wish we had a delete post button, most of my old posts are cancer and I want to delete them lol

3. This might be something you can't do, but more diverse/silly Forum Games. Everything besides YLYL is an RPG/Werewolf spin-off.
Funnily enough, we noticed this too and have been working on some small games to post on the weekend. We are always keeping an eye on how diverse the games do or don't get and will periodically post games to liven things up, don't worry.

Additionally, if you have ideas for new games you'd like to post but are unsure if they'd be good/fun/popular/etc, you can always chat with one of the Forum Games staff about it or even post in the Forum Games General Discussion thread to gauge interest in your game idea. You can always help diversify Forum Games by posting games too. =)

Table mycodes if possible. It can make layouts so much nicer if you need to present information in a chart.

This is very probably asking for too much...

But if it's possible, could you make the PM system work like the Facebook chat? That would be seriously awesome.

The new forums don't work very well with portable devices. For some reason, the webpages don't condense to fit the dimensions of the screen like they should. I've never had this issue with any other xenForo forums before, so I think this should be a fairly easy fix.

The new forums don't work very well with portable devices. For some reason, the webpages don't condense to fit the dimensions of the screen like they should. I've never had this issue with any other xenForo forums before, so I think this should be a fairly easy fix.

Thankfully, this should already be in the works. From WPM himself in the other thread:

Also I forgot to mention in the post that I'll work on a mobile layout in the coming months when I get a chance to get on my feet. Right now it's only designed for desktops and probably looks really messed up on mobile devices.

Also it would be awesome if we could have a replacement for the
code.

Besides that, I really would like to see those posts underneath an avy like previously :D

Last edited:
Is there a way this site can have a tab to hide the stuff on the right side of the forums so they can be opened to full size? I am mostly blind and it is hard to read and see everything when the site forums shows only half the length as it was before the new updates. Pokemon Plus has the almost exact layout you guys upgraded to and there are 2 other sites that have a tab to open and close the stuff on the right and left side for a better viewing experience. If this could be added this would help me greatly and the other people who cannot see well as well. I hope this can be fixed very soon. Thank You.:)

I know its kind of reviving this thread, but something I'd like to see is the ability to paste something and have its formatting be preserved. For example, copying something from a Google Document that has bold on certain parts. I use the Rich Text Editor so it shouldn't be me not having that enabled.

In addition to keeping track of post count under the avatar, I've seen other forums put a like counter under there as well. Might be kinda cool, though it's definitely as superfluous as a post counter.

I also wouldn't mind to video game content being added to the top bar. Right now it's absence makes the site feel biased towards TCG content, even though we also cover VG news here as well. A first glance leaves people thinking we don't cover it, and it'll turn people away who are interested in that side of Pokemon.

I would like to see the Energy symbols return as Emoji's again, and maybe add new ones based on the Rainbow and recent type energies (despite the latter being unfinished, the icons should be easy to guess the colors for)

I was checking the members' list and realised that there's no list by registration order! I think it would be a nice to have one as perhaps also one by alphabetical order!

This is pretty minor, but it does irritate me sometimes how there's no strikethrough button in the thing above the posting. On most forums it's just there next to bold, italicise and underline, so I don't think it's a difficult fix, right?

This is pretty minor, but it does irritate me sometimes how there's no strikethrough button in the thing above the posting. On most forums it's just there next to bold, italicise and underline, so I don't think it's a difficult fix, right?

There is a strike-through option, but it just requires an extra click to get to.

522614a0c87cd3a200e0117e64f16cbf.png

The ability to change posts viewed per page. Raikou said he was going to try and get this implemented, but I figured it would be better if I also posted it in this thread.

I'd like the Forum Jump menu back when you are viewing a forum or thread. It saves multiple clicks after scrolling to the top of the page.

Back