Writing Fire Emblem: Awakening: PokéBeach Edition! All finished! Stay tuned for the next one...

I think I enjoyed this chapter more than some of the others simply because it's your least favourite >: D

Paralogue 21: Another new friend!

<Capn> Good news, everybody! I found a new sidequest for you all.
<Drohn> Yay!
<Athena> Deja vu... >_>
<Capn> Apparently a bunch of people over in Chon'sin have reported seeing Kecleon wandering around aimlessly fighting Risen.
<Porygon> No way! My brother is dead! I held his body myself. :\
<TT> Well, we all thought Vesperia was dead, too... >_>
<Porygon> Yeah, but you didn't actually confirm her corpse like I did, so that's your fault.
<Keeper> Oooh! Maybe he's a Risen. :D
<Porygon> That would be a fate worse than death. :|
<Drohn> Wait a minute... Porygon, you're still hanging around with us?
<Porygon> Of course! I've been here the whole time, just like all the other characters you're not using in battle
<IA> *waves*
<Light> Yes, yes, we all know we have a group of freeloaders hanging around.
<Camo> Hey!
<Drohn> Anyway... whereas this Kecleon been seen?
<Capn> Over by his grave, apparently.
<Drohn> Do you know where that is, Porygon?
<Porygon> Of course! My brother was buried in the Warrior's Tomb. Therein lie the warriors who built Chon'sin up from the earth. But not with stone or mortar did they work. They founded our country with...
<Drohn> Yes, yes, we get the point. Can you tell the Captain to take us there?
<Porygon> Sure.​

The tomb was located on a peninsula in the southwest region of Chon'sin. We were able to disembark nearby and hike the rest of the way. We finally reached the tomb only to find it choked with Risen and an old enemy inside...

<Porygon> Well, I'll be f*****. That's Kecleon, alright.
<Drohn> You're sure?
<Porygon> Of course I'm sure; he's my brother!
<Athena> Well, let's go talk to him, clear out these Risen, and--
<Porygon> Let me come with you!
<Drohn> Really? >_>
<Athena> I'm sure you're anxious to see your brother again, but this is a tough battle and you haven't gained any exp, so you're much lower level than us...
<Porygon> I don't care! That's my brother and I want to talk to him and you can't stop me.
<Athena> Alright, fine, but stick with IE, and once you guys have had your chit-chat, stay out of the line of fire.​

I quickly rearranged my battle plans to accommodate for Porygon and then we were off. To protect her (and, admittedly, to make sure Kecleon survived too since I was also curious as to how he managed to be here and alive), I focused most of our efforts on killing the Risen around Kecleon so Porygon could rush over and talk to him as soon as possible.

<Porygon> Brother! I'm so happy! ^_^
<Kecleon> Oh, hey Porygon, sup?
<Porygon> So how did you--
<Kecleon> Look, we can chat later, okay? I'm kind of in the middle of a battle here, you know.
<Porygon> Onii-chan~~~ ;~;​

It wasn't much work to sweep up the rest of the Risen. Kecleon was happy to listen to my directions, and Porygon was more than willing to stick towards the back to keep an eye on her brother. Soon, the enemies were mopped up and we were able to head outside and make camp for the evening.

<Porygon> So, bro, are you finally going to tell me what the hell happened and how you survived?
<Kecleon> Simple. I'm not your brother.
<Porygon> ... wut
<Kecleon> I came from a different world. In my own world, I didn't want to submit to DNA, so Haunted Water had you killed and I was the one who survived.
<Porygon> Oh. >.>
<Kecleon> I ended up getting kind of pissed at myself about that, got drunk, and woke up in the Outrealms. I tried to find my way back home, but ended up in this world instead. A world where I was braver, apparently.
<Porygon> Well, I'm still glad to have you here, even if you aren't, you know, my real brother.
<Drohn> So, do you feel like making things up by joining our cause? We're fighting against an evil dragon god.
<Kecleon> Sure, sign me up.
<Athena> Yay, more recruits to freeload. >_>
<CJ> >:|​

Current Team:

Drohn: Lv. 13 Paladin
Skills: Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether, Rightful King, Defender

Athena: Lv. 7 Grandmaster
Skills: Solidarity, Ignis, Rally Spectrum, Rally Movement, Galeforce, (Veteran)

Cinesra: Lv. 8 Sniper
Skills: Skill+2, Rally Skill, Bowbreaker, Deliverer, Hit+20, (Prescience)

Professor Light: Lv. 12 Dark Flyer
Skills: Res+2, Demoiselle, Dual Support+, Rally Speed, Rally Movement, (Rally Resistance)

TwistedTurtwig: Lv. 11 Assassin
Skills: Mov+1, Lucky Seven, Acrobat, Swordfaire, Lethality, (Locktouch), (Astra)

Celever: Lv. 16 Manakete
Skills: Odd Rhythm, Wyrmsbane, Quick Burn, Swordbreaker

GM DracLord: Lv. 8 Berserker
Skills: Armsthrift, Patience, Sol, Axebreaker, Wrath, (Rally Strength)

Professor Palutena: Lv. 11 Sorcerer
Skills: Hex, Anathema, Vengeance, Tomebreaker

PMJ: Lv. 13 Bride
Skills: Str+2, Tantivy, Quick Burn, Swordbreaker, Rally Heart

Keeper of Night: Lv. 26 Dread Fighter
Skills: Anathema, Lifetaker, Resistance+10, Aggressor, Slow Burn, (Hex)

Ice Espeon: Lv. 11 Great Lord
Skills: Dual Strike+, Aether, Ignis, Rightful King, Galeforece, (Rally Movement), (Charm)

SylveonsAndEspurrs: Lv. 5 Manakete
Skills: Slow Burn, Wyrmsbane, Paragon, Vengeance, Tomebreaker, (Odd Rhythm)

Decisions, Decisions:

No more class changes anymore. :<

Paralogues/DLC Chapters:
SpotPass Paralogues 22 & 23 are next!

Player Notes:

Holy crap, Drohn and Chrom actually share a birthday. I did not realize this until I loaded up today and it is hilarious! Drohn's birthday present in my game was a Finn's Lance.

I kind of like that they make you use Say'ri in this chapter. She doesn't exactly get a whole lot of use most runs due to her late arrival and lack of supports. In fact, I find it kind of weird that she can't support with her brother at all after he's recruited, but OH WELL.

And speaking of our new recruit, welcome back Kecleon-X! Like Spoon and DNA, he comes at a good level with skills and decent stats, which would make him a nice drop-in for the final boss if you need more muscle. Also like Spoon and DNA, we will not be using him. :U

I didn't get to do a chapter yesterday since I ended up being very busy catching up after my vacation, but I hope to post another chapter today and/or 2 chapters tomorrow to help make up for it.

TT and PMJ are hopping onto the stat capping game, with both of them each having their Str, Skl, and Spd capped, which is very nice, not that it's necessary. I'm hoping we can grab a few more skills for some of our people before endgame, but not sure if it'll happen at this point or not. The last two SpotPass levels are a bit trickier (especially since we can't cheese the next one), so it'll require a bit more careful play than I've been using for the last few chapters.

Paralogue 22: Yet one more friend

<Capn> Good news, everybody!
<Athena> Let me guess... another sidequest?
<Capn> Yep!
<Drohn> Yay!
<Athena> ._.;
<Capn> Rumours tell of a sacred temple nearby that hosts the Wellspring of Truth.
<Athena> Rumours? Where are you hearing rumours from; you've been stuck on this ship!
<Drohn> Shhh. What does the Wellspring of Truth do? Is it some kind of mysterical oracle?
<Palutena> Mysterical? :|
<Capn> Legends say that its waters reflect your true self.
<Drohn> Oh, lame. I don't need some glorified puddle to tell me who I am.
<Athena> Wait... maybe it could help me regain my memory?
<Drohn> What, don't tell me you want to go on this mission?
<Athena> I've been running around on all of your sidequests, haven't I? Can't I get this one? Please? :<
<Drohn> Fine, fine, you don't have to pout.
<Athena> Yay!
<TT> Don't mean to rain on your parade, but it seems like someone else beat us there.
<Drohn> Who?
<TT> None other than our good friend Shining Raikou. I'd recognize her... assets anywhere.
<Drohn> Well, I guess now we have to go. Who knows what she might be up to? Everyone, grab your weapons and prepare to go!​

Soon we were on the shore and making our way up to the temple, just behind SR. But before we could figure out where she was headed, a few other figures appeared before us. Familiar figures.

<Drohn> Is that... me?
<Athena> Sure looks like you. Ooh, and there's me over there!
<Other Drohn> I am the reflection of your true self. Face me. And in one of our deaths may the truth prevail.
<Athena> Well, crap. Everyone prepare for battle against... yourselves?​

Sure enough, copies of every person in our party were materializing in the dark temple, coming at us from the spring in its center. Directly ahead of us was a narrow hallway, so we all bunched in tight, providing a solid face to the enemy with our strongest fighters at the front. It was... disconcerting to be fighting against teammates in this way. On one hand, I knew everyone's strengths and weaknesses, but to be butchering my friends' bodies... it was awkward. Finally, it was all finished; the weird, shadowy figures of ourselves defeated. I went to the center of the temple to find the spring, but it appeared that SR had beaten me there. She was standing with her face above the pool, staring into its reflection.

<SR> No... NO!
<Athena> What did you see?
<SR> I s-saw...myself... A girl enslaved mind, body, and soul by WPM... I thought I was so clever all this time... In truth, I was nothing but a fool. WPM stole my memory and filled my mind with a false past. Saving my life? Taking me in? ...All lies. An entire history invented just so he could use me like a puppet.
<Athena> That's horrible! I'm so sorry. :<
<SR> He killed everyone I knew and stripped away my past so I could play as a pawn in his little game... A pawn working in the service of her parents' murderer. Gods, I could not be more of a fool.
<Athena> Well, we're still working to fight against Grima, why not come with us? It might not give you back your past, but...
<SR> But perhaps it may spare others my fate.
<Athena> You'd be a most welcome ally.
<SR> Heh. Even after all we've been through, you'd still have me at your side... Hmm... Very well, then. They say politics makes strange bedfellows, but surely this war trumps all, no?
<Athena> We even have your old friend Spoon around!
<SR> ... oh, joy... >_>
<Drohn> So, aren't you going to look into the waters yourself?
<Athena> I decided against it, in the end. No matter what my past holds, I'd much prefer to look to the future.
<Drohn> The future of more sidequests! \o/
<Athena> facepalm.jpg​

Current Team:

Drohn: Lv. 13 Paladin
Skills: Dual Strike+, Charm, Aether, Rightful King, Defender

Athena: Lv. 8 Grandmaster

Cinesra: Lv. 9 Sniper

Skills: Res+2, Demoiselle, Dual Support+, Rally Speed, Rally Movement, (Rally Resistance)

TwistedTurtwig: Lv. 11 Assassin
Skills: Mov+1, Lucky Seven, Acrobat, Swordfaire, Lethality, (Locktouch), (Astra)

Celever: Lv. 16 Manakete

GM DracLord: Lv. 8 Berserker

Ice Espeon: Lv. 12 Great Lord
Skills: Dual Strike+, Aether, Ignis, Rightful King, Galeforece, (Rally Movement), (Charm)

SylveonsAndEspurrs: Lv. 5 Manakete

Decisions, Decisions:

No more class changes anymore. :<

Paralogues/DLC Chapters:
SpotPass Paralogues 23 is next!

Player Notes:

My first needed reset in a while. Enemy IE got a lucky Aether against Drohn and ORKOed him. >_>

The mechanics of this level make it pretty easy to cheese; just stick a couple strong characters in with a bunch of other unleveled ones and sweep up. Of course, since I'm playing clean, I really did fight against my entire party. Because we're not fighting full, we also had 3 extras of the first 3 people in the party, which happened to be Drohn, Cinesra, and Drac. Each enemy comes equipped with the strong weapons and has the same exact skills and stats as our own counterparts, which makes things interesting. Of course, the AI is still dumb. SAE was the worst to take down until I remembered that Falchions do super-effective damage against Manaketes. :U

And so SR joins the team, yay! If I were to pick one of the SpotPass characters to actually use, it would probably be her. She comes as a Lv. 20 Dark Flyer with all skills, plus Shadowgift, a skill that enables her to wield the most broken magic of the game, Nosferatu. So, basically, a late-game, dump in Galeforce user with great... assets.

Even aside from Aversa's usefulness, this is definitely my favourite of the SpotPass levels. The mechanic is interesting, and Aversa's little story gives her a lot more depth of character and backstory than she gets in the rest of the game. She's really something of a tragic figure. She's also the only one where it really makes sense for her to join you. <3 Aversa. <3 SR.

So, yes, I did end up getting another chapter in today. Tomorrow will probably be the end, since I'm getting excited now that we're close to the end. One more SpotPass character and then the final chapter. Hope you're all excited! <3

Paralogue 23: Last friend, I promise

<Capn> Goo--
<Athena> Don't even say it.
<Capn> :<
<Athena> And this better be a good sidequest, too, because it's the last one
<Drohn> Awwwww... :< :< :<
<Athena> Dude, do you even see that giant floating evil dragon?
<Drohn> >_>
<Athena> One more, that's it, then we're done with sidequests. We need to take care of this bitch once and for all.
<Drohn> ... fine. :\
<Athena> Alright, so let's make this last one a good one. Lay it on us, cap'n.
<Capn> Rumours tell us of a Hidden Village in the west of Valm that hosts a mighty champion, the descendent of the legendary Radiant Hero.
<Athena> If it's hidden, how are we supposed to find it?
<Capn> Well, uh, it's not actually, you know, hidden, that's just the name of the village.
<Drohn> Descendent of a legendary hero, eh? Sounds like he'd be quite the warrior.
<Capn> He is! People travel from all over the world to challenge him in battle, though he always emerges as the champion. His name is Machamp.
<Drohn> Machamp the Champion, eh? Well, maybe he'd be willing to help out against Grima.
<Athena> Adding a legendary champion into our roster seems like a fitting end to our sidequest cycle. Let's go!​

Thankfully, Hidden Village wasn't all too far away from our current location, nestled on a small island visible from the ship. We sailed over, geared up, and made our way to shore and towards Hidden.

<Athena> This is... kind of a dump of a village actually.
<Machamp> Hey, that's my home you're talking about!
<Drohn> You must be the Champion we've heard about, the descendent of the legendary hero.
<Machamp> Yep, that's me.
<Drohn> So, uh, wanna come fight for us to help kill an evil dragon?
<Machamp> Eh, I'm not really the type of guy to follow orders.
<Drohn> Awwwww.... but this is our last sidequest! Pretty please? With sugar on top?
<Machamp> Well... how about this. If you and your soldiers can beat me and mine in combat, I'll come with you and help you kill your dragon, fair?
<Drohn> Sure!
<Machamp> I was hoping you'd say that. Come on out, boys!​

Within moments we were surrounded by dozens of men, a larger army than we'd ever faced at a single time. As outnumbered as we were, we quickly found good terrain to stand our ground, fighting in trees for cover and to slow their numbers. It was a long and grueling fight, but though our army was the smaller, it was also the stronger. Machamp himself was a strong foe on his own, but IE and SAE tag-teamed together to best him in combat. Eventually, they were all down, and we stood as the victor.

<Machamp> Not bad. *nods*
<Drohn> So, does this mean you'll join us? :D
<Machamp> Well, I said I would, wouldn't I?
<Soldier> Nooooo.... Machamp.... don't leave us.... *sniffle*
<Machamp> Oy, quit being a baby. >:| I'll be back once this evil dragon whatever is dead.
<Drohn> I guess this means the end of our sidequests, then?
<Athena> Yep. Let's go rest up, have a big meal, and prepare ourselves to take down Grima!​

Current Team:

Drohn: Lv. 15 Paladin
Skills: Dual Strike+, Aether, Rightful King, Defender, Aegis, (Charm)

Athena: Lv. 9 Grandmaster

Cinesra: Lv. 9 Sniper

TwistedTurtwig: Lv. 12 Assassin

Celever: Lv. 18 Manakete

GM DracLord: Lv. 9 Berserker

Ice Espeon: Lv. 14 Great Lord

SylveonsAndEspurrs: Lv. 6 Manakete

Player Notes:

Wow, this level is so much easier when you don't have to worry about enemy skills. I don't think I've ever played this level in Normal mode before; I was expecting it to be a lot harder than it was. Sure, there were a lot of enemies, but they mostly just committed suicide on us. Athena/Drohn, IE/SAE, and Celever/Keeper held the larger right flank, which is how they ended up with proportionally more EXP gains this chapter. Drohn finally got himself Aegis, and B Lances to boot. Would have been nice to get Light up to Galeforce, but her relatively low Def (and all of the archers) meant I didn't really feel safe putting her on that flank. Ohwell. :U

We've recruited our last new member, and our last PokéBeach character too, Machamp the Champion! He's certainly a strong character, max-leveled Hero with Sol and Luna (to account for Ike's Aether) as well as all 3 melee weapon -breaker skills. He also comes with the "timeless" weapon Ragnell. Another strong guy to help you out if you're having troubles with Grima.

And so we finally come to Endgame. All the sidequests are done, DLC levels completed. Expect a nice, long plot chapter for our final update, including character endings and the like. Hoping to do it later this afternoon, but it might have to wait until tomorrow, we'll see. Stay tuned regardless. :3

Endgame

The ship took us back towards Origin Peak, and while the sailors were busy above, the rest of us were busy below, getting our gear in order. Weapons were polished, elixirs were pocketed, tomes were flipped through. This would be our final battle, whether we won or lost, so we all peared up with our best and brightest weapons. We tried to rest, but most of us were too terrified to sleep, so we all huddled together in the hold of the ship, the only sound Celever's snoring. I swear, that girl could sleep through anything. The wait felt like it took hours, and yet still we arrived too soon for my nerves' liking.

<Naga> Welcome, brave heroes. Are you prepared?
<Drohn> As much as we'll ever be.
<Naga> Alright, up you go! Magical dragon goddess teleportation powers activate!​

True to her word, Naga was able to teleport us directly onto Grima's back. His skin had a hard, scaly texture that occasionally pulsed with strong energies that gave off a feint glow. The wind was strong, forcing us to put forth all of our effort to get our bearings. The lapse of attention was just what Grima needed to launch a quick strike, hitting us with a powerful magical attack. None of us were killed in the blast, but we were severely weakened.

<IE> Oh gods, this is the end. Father, I...
<Grima> Ahahahahaha. And so it ends, Athena. See how frail these humans bonds of yours are? How short lived? How pointless?
<Athena> Yeah, well, we're not dead yet, so piss off!
<Grima> Yet.... It is but a simply matter for me to knock you off my back permanently. But there's still a way for you to save your friends.
<Athena> ...
<Grima> Become one with me and together we can spare their lives, or refuse and I'll kill them one by one in front of you.
<Athena> I...
<Drohn> Oh, come on, don't do it Athena!
<Athena> Of course I'm not going to do it! She'll just kill you all anyway, even if I do submit.
<Grima> Well, of course I would. But at least then your friends final moments would be thinking of you as some kind of selfless hero. Oh well, they can just die knowing everything was your fault instead.​

A huge ball of black energy surrounded me. I could feel myself being transported away, but there was nothing but darkness all around.

<Athena>W-Where am I?
<Grima> Exactly where I want you to be, of course. Just sit quietly while I slaughter your friends.
<Athena> No way!
<Grima> Alright, I guess I'll just kill you first.​

Another wave of energy crashed into me, knocking me off my feet and into the ground. My energy was spend. I had no strategies left, no hidden cards to play. The end had finally come and there was nothing I could do. Except... is that a voice I hear?

<???> ---ve to -----------ack!
<Athena> ...?
<???> Yo-- ha--- fi-- back! -------ghting!
<Athena> Could you please speak up a bit? >_>
<???> Fight ba----
<Athena> Nope, still not coming through.
<???> Fight back! You swore you to do so, now keep your damn word!
<Athena> There we go. Wait, Chrom, is that you? I can hear you!
<Grima> Oh, please. You're mine now.
<Cinesra> History is watching, Athena! If you could beat me in chess, you can certainly beat this fool!
<Light> Get up right this instant or I shall be forced to maim you.
<TT> Come on, Athena; this dragon's a piece of cake!
<Drac> Stay frosting! Drac will snap you out of it!
<Celever> Come on, I'm your favourite dragon, aren't I? Prove you love me and beat that loser!
<Palutena> Get up. No one goes down without my say so. >:|
<PMJ> Minerva wants you back, and so do I! ^_^
<Keeper> I know the darkness is warm and delicious and comfy.... but too much of a good thing is bad!
<IE> You've earned my love and trust, now prove it was worthwhile and get your ass back here!
<SAE> If Celever is your favourite, then I must be second, so I'm still better than that chump! I know you'll return.
<Athena> I can hear my friends! :D
<Grima> Yeah, yeah, good for you. None of this matters; you're all insignificant next to me.
<Drohn> Come back to us, Athena! All of that stupid talk about bonds and stuff that we stuffed into the story was made just for this moment! Believe in the magic of friendship!
<Athena> F*** yeah, plot BS! Magical support bonds, get me out here! *woooosh* *teleport*
<Drohn> You're back! :D
<Naga> Good timing too. Geez, can't I leave you guys alone for a minute?​

With a flash of bright light, Naga's power washed over us, healing us. It was time to strike! Grima's avatar was standing directly over the weakspot at the name of his neck, but he had other Grimleal warriors all over his back. Celever, Keeper, Light, and Cinesra stayed at the rear to watch our backs, while the rest of us rushed at Grima. I aimed myself front and center, since I wanted to make sure I was in place when the time came. This needed to end once and for all.

While the others distracted Grima's minions, Drohn and I rode straight for the weakspot, I armed with my strongest magic, he with his Exalted Falchion glowing in the light. Drohn raised the sword to deliver the final blow, but before he could, I raised my hand, holding him back.

<Drohn> Athena? What are you doing?
<Grima> For once, the puny mortal prince and I are in agreement. What are you up to?
<Athena> For once, I'm glad you and I are the same. Now I can give my life to protect those I care for.
<Grima> Wait... what? You wouldn't....
<Athena> I would and I will. I'm not going to just put you to sleep again and pawn you off on some unprepared future. We're taking care of this for good. And since we're the same, I can't help but feel that I share some of the blame, so perhaps it's fitting that we both end together.
<Grima> NOOOOOOOoooooooo!!!!!

I brought Grima to his knees with a final blow, sacrificing myself to end him, just as Naga said I could. As his body went into its death throws, the dark energy swelled up into me, too, blowing away my life force like glitter on the wind.

<Drohn> Athena, no!
<Athena> Thank you, Drohn, for everything. May we meet again... in a better life...
<Drohn> Oh, s***, s***, s***, no! NO!​

But there was nothing Drohn could do. I was gone. Grima's dying body plowed into Origin Peak, giving Drohn and the others something of a safe landing.

<Drohn> Well, I guess that's it. War's over guys. Grima's gone for good, so we may as well retire and go home. I owe you all, well, everything, for sticking with us throughout this all. If you ever need anything... well, Ylisse is still pretty rich from the sack of Plegia a couple years ago, so just ask. It's not like I have a wife to lavish with gifts or anything anyway.
<Celever> Poor Athena, after all she did for us... *sniff*
<Drohn> Don't cry, Celever. We'll see her again, I'm sure of it. After all, Naga did kind of vaguely hint about Athena being able to survive if our bonds were strong enough. And we spent many nights together, uh, "strengthening" our "bonds". This isn't over. Athena is out there... somewhere. And I'll find her no matter how long it takes me. This video game is still going to have a happy ending, dammit.
<Cinesra> She made such a noble sacrifice, and trust me, I understand nobility. She must return!
<Light> In fact, if she returns right now, I might even consider making her tea myself. Do you hear that Athena?! ME, making TEA! You should be honoured.
<TT> Oh, she won't just check out because a job is done. She's still gotta collect her sweet rewards!
<Drac> Oy, Athena! You daring to make Drac celebrate alone?! Drac will not rest until he drinks you under the table!
<Celever> *sob* *sniff* She's not gone, just.... misplaced! :< I'll wait a thousand years if I have to!
<Palutena> She better march right back here. No one's allowed to disappear unless it's me disappearing them!
<PMJ> Minerva says she still feels Athena is of this world, and also that she smells delicious! ^_^
<Keeper> Athena, everyone's dying to see you alive! We're sick to death of death! Though that does remind me of a good joke...
<IE> We have won our future, but we are in debt to so many sad memories... I pray that this sadness will be undone.
<SAE> This is so wrong. We can't just leave her for dead. I'll wait until the end of time for her return!
<Drohn> Athena has secured for us all the most precious gift: a future. And now we better take care of it. I vow to give my all to repairing all the damage this war has wrought upon the realm. And the last war. And the war before that. That way when she returns, everything will be good again. Athena, you have me? You'll always have a place here. Always.​

Professor Light & Cinesra
They originally went back to Cinesra's home of Rosanne, but he was labeled a traitor and a coward and kicked out of his manor house by his own constituents, so they fled back to Ylisse and moved in with Light's parents, living off of their money.

TwistedTurtwig & Professor Palutena
TT and PP opened a combination bakery and hex shop in Ylisstol. TT put his love of sweets to work on being the best pastry chef he could, while PP sold spells and occasionally cursed people for fun.

PMJ & GM DracLord
Drac and PMJ lived glorious lives of excess for a few months until all their money ran out. So, they decided to become an unstoppable mercenary duo and traveled throughout the world earning tonnes of gold.

Keeper of Night & Celever
Keeper and Celever ran around having fun adventures and generally being silly, though after an accident, they decided to sell down and be parents. They were good parents, though irresponsible, forcing little SAE to grow up quickly.

Ice Espeon & SylveonsAndEspurrs
Neither girl really wanted to go back to their own time, or to live alone, so IE and SAE decided to stick together. They spent some time in Ylisstol helping get things in line, then they traveled the world together.

Drohn & Athena
???

Player Notes:

This level was super incredibly easy. xD I must be used to Hard/Lunatic mode where there are tonnes of enemies blocking the path to Grima, but there were hardly any and I didn't even need to try. Hell, even Grima I ORKOed with Book of Naga + Exalted Falchion. I mean, I know Grima is a fairly easy boss compared to other FE games, even on more difficult modes, but still. :p I guess that's what happens when I level up a bunch for the actually hard levels like FP...

I hope you guys enjoyed the character endings! I figured IE and SAE deserved an ending together since they were our kid pair, and I re-wrote the other ones a bit, too, for fun, and because the standard endings are pretty cookie-cutter.

Stay tuned for Epilogue and final thoughts!

Epilogue

I opened my eyes, shielding them against the bright sun. Above me is a bright blue sky with a few puffy clouds. Did it work? Am I dead? Is this heaven?

<Drohn> There are better places to take a nap then on the ground you know.
<Athena> ... Drohn? Wait, am I alive?
<Drohn> Of course you are. Magical bond plot PS, remember?
<Athena> Are you sure this isn't a dream?
<Drohn> Nope, no dream. Look, even your creepy Grima hand tattoo is gone.
<Athena> Sweet! So, uh, what's been going on? How long as it been?
<Drohn> Oh, we just defeated Grima only a couple days ago. We took the boat back and began our trek north, when I thought I would stop by this field on a hunch. I was planning on spending the rest of my life looking for you, but, well, you were already here.
<Athena> Awesome! Let's go saw hi then. I can't wait to see the look on everyone's faces...​

Drohn & Athena
Returning home from the war, Drohn officially took the title of Exalt and made Athena his Queen. Together, they worked tirelessly to rebuild the countries ravaged by the recent wars and made friends with the new leaders of Valm, Chon'sin, and Plegia.

~fin~

Final Thoughts:

This playthrough was a hell of a lot of fun. I loved listening to all your suggestions and playing along with your choices, and having members as characters was particularly hilarious. It was also very amusing to kind of twist the story of FE:A to make fun of it a bit; not very difficult, but fun nonetheless. Observer activity did drop down as things progressed, though I expected it. After all, FE:A is a rather long game, which means a hell of a long playthrough. 52 chapters in total, if you count this little epilogue. If you lasted throughout the whole thing, congratulations. Also, most of the fun decisions were over with rather early on; class assignments and such aren't nearly as fun as member shipping and the like. :p

If you read along the whole way, only followed the beginning, were a late-comer towards the end, or anything in between, I'd appreciate if you'd give me feedback on how it went. I plan to do more playthroughs in the future, and suggestions and advice would be useful for making quality playthroughs that people enjoy reading.

And on that note....

Help me decide on my next playthrough!

I definitely plan on continuing making more playthroughs, and as my audience, I would appreciate your opinions on what game(s) you would like to see me tackle next. Obviously games I own are a plus, though I'm also not adverse to perfectly legally emulating *cough* some games as well. Obviously, the type of game depends on how I would do the playthrough, but I've thought up a few possibilities listed below.

Another thing I would specifically like opinions on is the writing style, if you would prefer something like this with light description and heavier dialogue, or more like the traditional narrative style I used in my Jessie-based X Wonderlocke, or even something different!

Main Series Pokémon Games: I own at least one game from Generations I-VI, usually 1 of the dual-set and also the special extra, though if I were to do a pre-DS one I would probably emulate for ease. There are a lot of options I could take with one of these: nuzlocke/wonderlocke, CMT, mono-type run, etc. I could also resume my story-based, in-character playthrough of Platinum as Jessie, if people want to see that start up again.

Another Fire Emblem Game:
I own all of the English-language FEs (7-11, 13), and can access translation patches for the Japanese-only FEs (1-6, 12). I could do another one of those in a similar style to this run for those, though some of them I know better than others (4 & 6 I've only played once and a while ago; 1-3, 5, and 12 I've not played at all; 11 I started but didn't get far; 7-10 I know very well), so less familiar games would probably have to be done more straight.

A Different RPG: I could also branch away from Pokémon and FE and do a different RPG entirely. Most of the RPGs that would be good contenders are older ones that I know and love, such as Chrono Trigger, Golden Sun 1/2, Lunar 1/2, though Bravely Default would also be a newer option that could work well that I enjoyed. Most of these would be played fairly straight, though I could use PB members for party members again, and some games would have other choices, like picking Jobs for Bravely Default, or choosing my party members for Chrono Trigger.

Pokémon Spin-Off Games: I own both PMD: Explorers of Time and Pokémon Conquest, though I got bored with both and didn't progress very far. Perhaps a playthrough would get me back into playing and enjoying one of these games again. I wouldn't mind suggestions or restrictions, but they'd have to be very explicit and understandable before the fact because I don't know much about these games, having not played very far in them and that some time ago.

Other Suggestions: ??? I'm open. :U

Yeah, if I do a member-based game (which I probably would for most options), I'll open it up for public suggestions/voting, since I prefer that system over either people suggesting themselves for things or me assigning people.

Well, those two want Explorers of Time... and I'd be fine with that since you are yet to do it! Must get Keeper to make up those restrictions though :U

I think the style of writing you did in this playthrough was more appealing to me over a narrative style.

If you'll really do any of those...do FE The Sacred Stones! :D The game is good and more complex than Awakening, I'm sure everyone who enjoyed this will enjoy that even more ^.^

Even though I started reading this at the Paralogues stage, I enjoyed it too. I love those little twists you make to the actual game :p (I couldn't play normally afterwards xD)

I'll just like to put it out there I'm not overly keen for another FE playthrough considering you just did this one. I'd love to see something a bit different.

I might swap off doing a Pokémon game then a non-Pokémon game, repeat. I plan on continuing to do these for a while, so plenty of options for all sorts of games.

It's looking like PMD has the most support right now, so for those of you more familiar with the game/series: What would be the best way to incorporate members? What restrictions should I use, if any? Any detailed suggestions or advice would be useful. The only thing I remember about the game is that you take a quiz to determine your own Pokémon at the beginning and that you eat food in the dungeons and stuff. >_> Oh, and there was a Magnezone police officer that I thought was hilarious.

It's looking like PMD has the most support right now, so for those of you more familiar with the game/series: What would be the best way to incorporate members? What restrictions should I use, if any? Any detailed suggestions or advice would be useful. The only thing I remember about the game is that you take a quiz to determine your own Pokémon at the beginning and that you eat food in the dungeons and stuff. >_> Oh, and there was a Magnezone police officer that I thought was hilarious.
If you tried to incorporate members into everything, we could be here a while.
Even if you skipped the townspeople, the guild (which would be the best place to incorporate members, as every character has major dialogue somewhere) has an extensive cast. Then there's the partner, and other random characters that are plot-important and the like...
The best way would probably be to list all the NPCs (or all the ones you wanted), similar to how you did here, and see what gets filled in, and what doesn't. If you wanted to give names to bosses or whatnot, you could just pick a random name that didn't get selected before.
I wouldn't worry about naming the pokemon you'll add to your team. In fact, I wouldn't really bother bringing them up at all, given that they'll be switched out so frequently.

Not big on restrictions for PMD. Though I tried a nuzlocke-ish thing once... Which was both horrible and awesome. And if it's even sorta your first time, I wouldn't feel like having to restrict item usage would be appropriate, so...

DNA for Magnezone. Just sayin'.

Last edited:
Is there like a party system? I kind of have the feeling there's something like that, but I honestly don't remember too well. If so, I would probably have people suggest which Pokémon to use in my party and what members to name them off of (like a CMT sort of thing). Otherwise, I would just let people suggest members for important NPCs and the like, such as you just did with DNA/Magnezone. Or is there a particular reason either of those options isn't realistic?

EDIT: Keeper says party members don't do much so I'll probably just open NPC voting.

Alright, looks like PMD is indeed the winner. Keeper is working to help me out with an NPC list for member voting. I hope to have the new thread up by Monday, so stay tuned. :)

Back