• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Rayquaza-Be-Gone (M Manectric EX / Magnezone EX / Raichu)

Elleh-oot

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:
  • 2 Manectric EX
  • 2 M Manectric EX
  • 2 Magnezone EX
  • 3 Pikachu
  • 3 Raichu (XY)
  • 4 Carbink (ROS)
  • 2 Suicune (PLB)
Trainers:
  • 4 Pokemon Fan Club
  • 4 Evosoda
  • 2 Battle Compressor
  • 2 Rough Seas
  • 2 Sky Field
  • 3 Energy Retrieval
  • 2 Professor's Letter
  • 2 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Shauna
  • 2 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 3 Wide Lens
Energy:
  • 3 Double Colorless Energy
  • 9 Lightning Energy
Strategy:

The main idea is to hugely exploit M Rayquaza EX's weakness to Lightning attacks. Manectric EX's sole purpose is to lead onto Mega Manectric EX, which can 1HKO M Rayquaza EX (As long as muscle band is attached, to counter any cards such as float stone on the defending M Rayquaza EX). Carbink is purely to allow for some bench boosting power for use with Raichu's Circle Circuit attack (Sky field to pump up the amount of damage that can do to 160 rather than just 100). Suicune can be easily used to stall while setting up Raichus and getting as much on the bench as possible, and the DCE's should be attached to Raichu if possible, to get in quick rounds of Circle Circuit. The rest of the trainers are just to make sure it's easy to get the right cards up, while Rough seas is mainly to heal up any damage from the attacking pokemon and keep raichu in there as long as possible. Magnezone pairs up well with wide lens to KO any cards that escape the Active slot.

Any tips on improving this deck would be greatly appreciated!

Take out the Magnezones for a thicker Manectric line. Magnezone really isn't playable, given it's triple Energy cost for only a 50-50 snipe. It doesn't deal with Altaria's Clear Humming either.

I think its viable lysander out the Altaria and KO with M Manectric. Accelerate energy to Magnezone, next turn hit for 100 on 2 electric weak pokemon. I was actually thinking of using forretress to do the additional 10 damage you need to OHKO Shaymin.

I'd have to disagree. Taking a turn to KO Altaria let's you hit for Weakness, but it's a turn you're not dealing with Rayquaza, the main thread. You loose the prize trade easily if you have to waste a turn dealing with an Altaria. Also, even hitting for Weakness, you still only 3HKO Rayquaza with Magnezone (2HKO with a Muscle Band but then you only 3HKO benched Shaymins). Not that you'd be able to attack three turns in a row with the same Magnezone against Rayquaza anyways due to how fast that deck sets up. In other match ups, I don't even think it would be worth it to bench at all.

You OHKO shaymin with Forretress support and wide lens with Magnezone for 110 damage. meaning you take 1 Prize from Altaria. Then get 4 more next turn with Magnezone. With a Mega Turbo you can probably power up another M Manectric the next turn. Then OHKO W/e is in the active that took out Magnezone.

I would even suggest dropping Rough Seas for Silent Lab. As it further destroys decks that rely on shaymin.

Raichu imo is not really worth it. You already hit for electric damage. Raichu won't get any KOs that Manectric won't with a muscle band.

I play a speed Ray deck and personally play a 2-2 line of Swablu-Altaria. To actually use lightning with any effectiveness you have to run Garbodor and possibly Silent Lab. Even with Garbodor Manectric's still at a disadvantage without delta evolution. I agree with Mora, Drop Magnezone for a thicker Manectric line and consider Seismitoad-Ex to help set up.

Back