RMT Flower Power

UltimateInferno

Guess you could say I like Infernape
Hello PokeBeach, for the past few months, I have distanced myself from PokeBeach and thus I have been inactive, but lately I've been getting bored and decided to see how my teams could be improved, as I often like to build teams on Showdown. So here we go.
Team at a glance:
florges.png
rotom-wash.gif
porygon2.gif
metagross.gif
094_Gengar_shiny.png
garchomp-2.gif

florges.png

FlowerPower (Florges) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flower Veil
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 50 HP / 52 Def / 56 SpA / 252 SpD / 100 Spe
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Calm Mind
- Wish
This team is centered around Florges, as I really like using it. It is quite underrated and not used as much as I wish it was, so I made this team to prove that Florges is a great pokemon! Moonblast is the only and main attack. Aromatherapy is used either when Florge's Lum Berry is used up, or when another member of the team needs healing, pretty obvious. The Calm Mind is used to set up for one of 2 possible situations, to set up for a mini-sweep or to use Aroma+Wish for another Poke. Lum Berry is used for obvious reasons, the EV's, however, whilst it may seem pretty random, works and seems to be quite effective. NOTE: that I don't do calculations (Ie, if I add 56EVs in Speed then (so and so) will be able to outspeed (so and so)

rotom-wash.gif

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 28 SpA / 100 SpD / 128 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute
Rotom-Wash, it's a love-hate relationship. I find it to be incredibly useful and can fit into any team perfectly! I myself use Rotom-W in most of my teams. To start off, I have Thunderbolt and Hydro Pump, 2 mainstream moves used by most people. They can help cover for Flying and Water types and well as dealing with Rock, Ground and Fire types! I want to mainly concentrate on Fire types however, as it is resistant to my Florges' moonblast, but they can also stop my Metagross if it outspeeds. If they outspeed my MegaMeta then RotomW is my answer. Will-O-Wisp can deal with Physical pokes, however, I put EVs into SpecialDefense so RotomW can be a more rounded pokemon defensive-wise. Substitute for obvious reasons. Lefties is self explanatory and I can use Sub-Lefties spam to make Rotom a decent wall. I put full EVs into HP for Substitute, I was going to split the rest 50/50 inbetween Special Attack and Speed, but I decided to go more more speed instead as Thunderbolt and Hydro Pump are strong enough on their own.

porygon2.gif

Idontevenknow (Porygon2) @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 44 HP / 144 Atk / 144 SpA / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Tri Attack
- Recover
- Discharge
- Iron Tail
I love Porygon2 so much, I've managed to pull off sweeps with this guy alone! Great set, I would recommend you guys use it if you wish (maybe for monotype). I chose Porygon2 over Z to use eviolite. Tri Attack is its main attack, used for STAB as well as (hopefully) giving either Paralysis, Burn or to freeze any unfortunate poke to be hit by this. Recover for obvious reasons, Recover+Eviolite is OP in my opinion. Discharge and Iron Tail may seem like random attacks, but they are coverage and have helped. Dischage has more of a chance to paralyze the opponent and I can deal with Water and Flying types, Iron Tail is mainly to deal with Rock and Fairy types, mainly for rock though as none of Porygons other attacks do neutral damage. His EVs are a bit random but seem to work, I would love some suggestions for a better spread, but no 252-252-4 spreads, those are boring and won't help with this set. Having Download and being a mixed poke helps as I will know what weak spot I can exploit to easily KO the opposing poke, whether it's for Porygon or another one of my pokemon

metagross.gif

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Ice Punch
Metagross is one of my favourite pokemon, with its cool design and even cooler Mega, who doesn't like Metagross! Don't get me started on how amazing his Shiny is! Moving onnn... Metagross was my choice for a Mega, he is my answer to Fairies, and pretty much everything else. His amazing ability whilst in Mega form is OP, and it just makes him a killing machine. He is my main sweeper, with Bullet Punch for STAB and priority against those few pokes who are faster. Earthquake can deal with many things and is used for coverage. Meteor Mash is also STAB and is used when Bullet Punch is not needed. Ice Punch was a tough choice but I decided to go along with it to deal with Flying and Ground types that Metagross doesn't match up well against. The EVs are straightforward, just like his nature. I chose Jolly over Adamant as his ability covers his attack already. NOTE: I will use him as a Mega rather than normal every time I use him

094_Gengar_shiny.png

Gengar @ Leftovers
EVs: 180 SpA / 76 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Hypnosis
- Substitute
Gengar is also one of my favourite pokemon, great design and a great pokemon to use! This guy is mainly a late sweeper and will be used to deal with Ghost and Fairy types that may stop and wall my Garchomp. Sludge Wave and Shadow Ball for STAB. Hypnosis so I can set up Sub and use Lefties to heal in the free turns that I have been granted. I might change it to something else but I am not sure what, so it will remain. Substitute for Sub-Lefties spam, which incase you have not noticed, I enjoy using. The EV spread is a bit random but seems alright.

garchomp-2.gif

Garchomp @ Choice Band
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast
- Iron Head
Garchomp helps Florges quite well, it is mainly a late-game sweeper and is used to deal with steel types that threaten it. Fire Blast and Earthquake helps it to deal with steel and is also used for coverage and STAB respectively. Dragon Claw is STAB and Iron Head is for coverage against other pokes that I may be forced to use Garchomp against for whatever reason. EVs and Nature doesn't need to be expanded on, Choice Band I quite like, however I was thinking of changing it for either Life Orb to hit harder (and have Florges cover it with Wish) or to have Lefties and leave it to defend itself.

6-0 SWEEP by Florges alone. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-208308360
At the time I had Aegislash and Diggersby, who were replaced by Genagr and Garchomp respectively for strategic reasons. NOTE: Showing this just to show how my Florges set is great to use! Not used to show how the team works.
More battles will be shown soon, most of my wins were luck based so far, and most of my losses were due to silly decisions made due to pressure. I have had around 10 battles with this team so far.

Advice and creative criticism is welcome​

Last edited:
Hello @UltimateInferno , good to have you back :)
Well, until you give us an explanation for each set - I'll just point the fact that the replay is about an Uber battle plus other Pokemon that are not on the team. So there is nothing to learn about how this team functions in OU. Also for future replay- While 6-0 sweep with one Pokemon is cool, it doesn't show your team, synergy of the team members and your play style so there is nothing to learn from it. It is much recommended to find a replay involving each member of this team, which would help everyone to criticize and give you suggestions.
About Florgess- What is the reason you have chosen it over Sylveon? Especially for mini sweeping, Sylveon hits much harder with Pixilated Hyper Voice.
Also- 50 ev's are a waste of 2 ev's. Change it to either 48 or 52.
Rotom-W and Garchomp are very good Pokemon to have on your team from what I can tell, since Bisharp really threats the rest. Yet I am not sure if that's enough to handle this common threat while Latios exists and also very common in OU.
But again I really want to see the explanations for each set so I'll stop here. Please add those important details. :]

Since Florges is the only mon that has a description so far, I'm only gonna comment on it.

Simply put, it's not gonna work. You can't do everything with one mon. Specialize on something. Cleric support+CM+Wish? No way it's gonna work. Invest fully on HP and Defense and run Leftovers, for starters, regardless of what you will use it as. Then decide on what you wanna play as. Either go for a defensive CM, in which case you don't need Wish and it's better to play Synthesis, or go for a Support set, in which case you can use either Protect or Synthesis instead of CM (if you use Protect, you may as well go for Toxic over Wish or Aromatherapy).

BUMP - Pokemon explanations finally added. The thread is now ready for advice and changes (if necessary)

Hello, alright so here's what I think you can improve based on what you've described:

Gengar: The set is pretty interesting, involving Hypnosis and Sub, which can be really threatening. My concern is about Hypnosis' low accuracy, which can disappoint you a lot of times and let the opponent a free turn to OHKO Gengar or break its Sub, especially when you consider how fragile it is. The defense investment might help against weak attacks but I'm not sure if it's worth giving up a full investment on Sp.Atk, mainly because of that:
180 SpA Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Metagross: 230-272 (76.4 - 90.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Zen Headbutt vs. 0 HP / 76 Def Gengar: 506-596 (195.3 - 230.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Life Orb and a little bit more Sp.Atk investment can help it. If you want to use Gengar as a late game sweeper, Life Orb makes Gengar a lot more powerful.
Sub is not a very good move on offensive Gengar with Life Orb, so you can switch it for Taunt, which can help against set ups and it also provides you with a little bit hazard control, which your team doesn't have.
Try to use the damage calculator to see what investment of EV's in defense can help you against common threats, if any.
If you don't want the Life Orb set, I think it can work better in mid game to put pressure on physical attackers with Will-o-Wisp and use Taunt to shut down set up sweepers, statuses and hazards setting. This set can work great imo:

Gengar @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Sp.Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute / Sludge Wave

Black Sludge is better than Leftovers since it can poison your opponent's Trick user.

Rotom-W: I think that the common set can work better since the set you have right now fills the same role of Gengar. Rotom-W's standard set:

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

The only thing that I would do, since Gengar would have Will-o-Wisp already, is to switch Rotom-W's WoW for Thunder Wave. Thunder Wave is a great move to slow down the opposing team and to have a great answer against Rotom-W's most common threat in OU- Latios.
This set gives you momentum by Volt switching after spreading paralysis on fast Pokemon while Gengar takes care for the Physical attackers.
The reason I think you should pick this set over yours is not only because it will be great with Gengar, but also because Latios is very common and can easily shut down the set, while Hyper Voice is also a very common powerful move in OU that can ignore Substitute.

Garchomp:
About CB Garchomp, Consider that 102 base speed is not what it used to be, and the metagame is full of faster Pokemon that can outrun Garchomp and destroy it.
I think Choice Scarf can be better for it to be your revenge killer .
Since you don't have hazards on your team you can make Garchomp bulky and have Stealth Rock but that changes its role dramatically.

Metagross: Everything looks good on your Metagross, but why don't you have Zen Headbutt on it? It's STAB but mostly a great move against many threats, such as Keldeo and Gengar (And the flinch chance, which is just a bonus).

As for the random EV spreads: I have already mentioned that but I'll say it again: Use the damage calculator and match up each of your Pokemon against common threats in OU.
I think it would help you not just to have better spreads but to also know what your Pokemon can handle instead of just guess. It is very helpful :]

Gengar
I will consider either Black Sludge or Life Orb, but I'm more inclined to go for Black Sludge. I will try the EVs you gave and run Shadow Ball, WoW, Taunt and Sludge Wave and see how it works out.

Rotom-W
I've decided to try out the Showdown Damage Calculator, and after about 10mins of messing around I think I get how it works. So I've been doing quite a bit of calcs:
252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 0+ Def Rotom-W: 153-181 (63.4 - 75.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-W: 123-145 (40.5 - 47.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Rotom-W Volt Switch vs. 92 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 188-224 (51.6 - 61.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Rotom-W Thunderbolt vs. 92 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 242-288 (66.4 - 79.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Waterfall vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-W: 54-65 (17.8 - 21.4%) -- possible 7HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-W: 81-96 (26.7 - 31.6%) -- 33.2% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

I've based the calcs in a case of battling an Azumarill with Huge Power and a Choice Banded Talonflame. I used only Play Rough for Azumarill because the opponent wouldn't use Waterfall/Aqua Jet on a Rotom-W.

I've decided to use Volt Switch, Hydro Pump, Pain Split and Thunder Wave with your suggested EVs. Rotom-W will be used frequently due to his healing ability thanks to Pain Split, his Volt-Switch which will keep momentum on my side and the ability for this guy to tank physical attacks (which will help due to the rise of physicsal Megas like Meta, X-Zard, Lucario and Mawhile as well as pokes like Azu, Garchomp (mega or not mega) and Talonflame).

Garchomp
I will use Choice Scarf then, to try it out. I've rarely used Garchomp however, mainly to finish off a poke near the end of a battle. And you're right, a fast poke is good for a Revenge Killer. I guess it just never crossed my mind!

Metagross
I do not feel the need to use Zen Headbutt at the moment. My Garchomp can easily deal with pokemon such as Gengar:
252 Atk Garchomp Dragon Claw vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 198-234 (75.8 - 89.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
180 SpA Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 144-169 (40.3 - 47.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 151-178 (42.2 - 49.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Because my Garchomp will have Choice Scarf, I am certain that it could outspeed.

Keldeo however, is a problem:
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Metagross: 246-291 (81.7 - 96.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Mega Metagross Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 130-153 (40.2 - 47.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

My Rotom-W however, can deal with Keldeo, kinda.
0 SpA Rotom-W Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Keldeo: 218-260 (67.4 - 80.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Rotom-W: 195-231 (64.1 - 75.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Unfortunately Keldeo outspeeds Rotom. I will have to find a way around it.
If I was to add Zen Headbutt onto my Meta, what move would you replace it with? I'm considering Meteor Mash, but I don't know...

Keldeo is a real threat indeed.
Meteor Mash is important to OHKO Weavile, Clefable. Tyranitar and Mega Altaria. I would not consider to remove it. It also gives you a chance to boost your attack and it is STAB.
I think that you could remove Ice Punch or Bullet Punch.
Porygon2 can run Ice beam to OHKO Landorus-T and handle Garchomp pretty easily.

I tried to test it a little bit:

252 Atk Garchomp Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 102-120 (27.2 - 32%) -- guaranteed 4HKO- Standard physically defensive Porygon2
252 Atk Garchomp Outrage vs. 44 HP / 0+ Def Eviolite Porygon2: 130-154 (40.3 - 47.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO- Your Porygon2 with Bold nature
252 Atk Garchomp Outrage vs. 44 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Porygon2: 144-169 (44.7 - 52.4%) -- 20.7% chance to 2HKO- Your Porygon2

144- SpA Porygon2 Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Garchomp: 356-420 (99.7 - 117.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO-Your Porygon2
0 SpA Porygon2 Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Garchomp: 344-408 (96.3 - 114.2%) -- 75% chance to OHKO- Standard physically defensive Porygon2
36 SpA Porygon2 Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Garchomp: 360-424 (100.8 - 118.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO- Benchmark Sp.Atk EV's to OHKO Naive Garchomp

Try to test that but I think it would go well with your team and you can easily replace Discharge since you'll be using TW on Rotom-W to spread paralysis on the opponent's team.

Back