Spin-Off 'Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon' Launching Winter 2015

Seriously... It can't be a free game. They would've mentioned it by now, so why are people assuming it is one when there's zero evidence?

Actually now that I think about it, I do think this game will improve upon GtI in at least one area: Pokemon selection. Chunsoft should be more experienced with 3D models by now that they should be able to include a healthy mix of Pokemon in the game. If not the entire National Dex, I expect at least 300-400 Pokemon in this game.

I've never seen ANYONE defend GTI. And for good reason, too.
I honestly don't know why so many people hate on it so hard. Sure, the gameplay was broken, and sure, the pokémon selection was lousy, but it had an entertaining (albeit similar to a watered-down version of PMD2's) plot, fun characters, and amazing soundtrack. Plus, the dungeons were creative and beautifully designed. Even though there were a lot of bad things about it, the good outweighed them. I'm hoping that PSMD continues the trends that all three (nobody counts PMD3 (as being real)) games so far has put into place.

I honestly don't know why so many people hate on it so hard. Sure, the gameplay was broken, and sure, the pokémon selection was lousy, but it had an entertaining (albeit similar to a watered-down version of PMD2's) plot, fun characters, and amazing soundtrack. Plus, the dungeons were creative and beautifully designed. Even though there were a lot of bad things about it, the good outweighed them. I'm hoping that PSMD continues the trends that all three (nobody counts PMD3 (as being real)) games so far has put into place.

GTI is the only group of games [Or just one] I've never completed the main story of. I've beaten sky and RRT, and GTI is the easiest one of the series. It's the only game I've never felt compelled to keep trying at. The story was there from the start, and I can't remember it, as opposed to the rescue team duo or the explorers series, where you at least got to be a normal human/Pokémon for a bit. It was a massive letdown for me, which is sad considering my first video game ever was Explorers of Darkness. So needless to say, I'm incredibly connected to this series and was sad that gates wasn't as good as the other 5 [RRT, BRT, Time, Darkness, Sky]. So let's hope Super Mystery dungeon [Which sounds like a game for the Super Nintendo] is going to be great!

GTI is the only group of games [Or just one] I've never completed the main story of. I've beaten sky and RRT, and GTI is the easiest one of the series. It's the only game I've never felt compelled to keep trying at. The story was there from the start, and I can't remember it, as opposed to the rescue team duo or the explorers series, where you at least got to be a normal human/Pokémon for a bit. It was a massive letdown for me, which is sad considering my first video game ever was Explorers of Darkness. So needless to say, I'm incredibly connected to this series and was sad that gates wasn't as good as the other 5 [RRT, BRT, Time, Darkness, Sky]. So let's hope Super Mystery dungeon [Which sounds like a game for the Super Nintendo] is going to be great!
At least GTI isn't as bad as the Wii Ware PMD games. Those were SO bad, that they never got released outside of Japan!

I Really hope that they don't make another Infinity Dungeon, they need to make the game mechanics a bit more complex rather than removing the learning curve for younger kids, when I was younger I had the Explorers of Time and Blue Dungeon. Those games were great, and they also required you to understand how the game worked. Instead of completely changing the mechanics, make a tutorial that doesn't take too long and draws the player in.

Well, 'Super' hasn't always been bad in games.
Take Super Paper Mario. That wasn't a horrible title to many. It just was different with it's style of gameplay. Well, however this reasoning could be wrong because this as made before DLC.
SUPER smash bros!!!!

Can I ask why everyone hates Gates to Infinity so much? I thought it was great. Maybe not my favorite PMD game but I still liked it nonetheless. Its hard for me to not like a PMD game though. I really only play for the story, not so much the gameplay anyway, and I thought it had a great and cute story. The new 3D models and world were also great and refreshing too. The only thing I didnt really like about it was the big lack of starter choices and I think they took the quiz away too but I dont remember.

Take Super Paper Mario. That wasn't a horrible title to many. It just was different with it's style of gameplay. Well, however this reasoning could be wrong because this as made before DLC.
But Sticker Star Search was even WORSE! Also, at least Super Paper Mario had a good story and interesting music.

Can I ask why everyone hates Gates to Infinity so much? I thought it was great. Maybe not my favorite PMD game but I still liked it nonetheless. Its hard for me to not like a PMD game though. I really only play for the story, not so much the gameplay anyway, and I thought it had a great and cute story. The new 3D models and world were also great and refreshing too. The only thing I didnt really like about it was the big lack of starter choices and I think they took the quiz away too but I dont remember.
Well...
1. Lack of quiz
2. Only 5 starter Pokémon
3. They got rid of the ability to select the gender of your partner Pokémon in the non-Japanese releases
4. Too few Pokémon you could recruit
5. Most Dungeons had the same Pokémon in them
6. Massively simplified Dungeons
7. You could recruit very few legendaries
8. Despite appearing in the game as an NPCs, you couldn't actually recruit Kangaskhan, Kecleon or Victini
9. No Purple Kecleon!
10. Moves level up automatically, instead of earning the level ups with Ginseng
11. The Gift Shop doesn't even have gifts for each Pokémon line you can recruit. It also seems pretty pointless, as you just run into the same Pokémon over and over again anyway, plus makes the game WAY easier than it should be
12. The majority of the Pokémon you can recruit were introduced in 5th gen
13. You can only recruit: 2 lines from 1st Gen (Pikachu and Eevee), 4 lines from 2nd Gen (Marill, Wooper, Dunsparce and Swinub), 2 lines from 3rd Gen (Wingull and Bagon) and 3 lines from 4th Gen (Rampardos, Glameow and Croagunk)

A new trailer was shown in the japanese direct. The comfirmed starters are all starters from generation 1 to 6 and riolu.

Here's a link to the trailer now hosted on the PokemonCoJp Youtube account for anyone interested.

New Video positives:
- All starters are available, plus Pikachu and Riolu (for whatever reason)
- Looks like all/most Pokémon MAY be available, as all starters are featured, as well as some others not in GTI, such as: Raticate, Flaaffy and Miltank

New Video negatives:
- Probably no quiz again
- No Purple Kecleon again!

Also, this game seems to be another parallel to ORAS, as well as the first Mystery Dungeon games - both of which had the Deoxys meteor Rayquaza had to destroy.

Last edited:
The soundtrack sounds amazing as ever, the rings around your team are much clearer, the text scroll looks faster, the town and scenery is goregeous, ARCEUS is in this one, riolu is a starter again, and there looks like there'll be a plethora of new characters?

*conducter of the hype train* Hop aboard, everybody! We're going full steam ahead!

New Video positives:
- All starters are available, plus Pikachu and Riolu (for whatever reason)
- Looks like all/most Pokémon MAY be available, as all starters are featured, as well as some others not in GTI, such as: Raticate, Flaaffy and Miltank

New Video negatives:
- Probably no quiz again
- No Purple Kecleon again!

Disappointing how Pikachu and Riolu are the only non-traditional starters, they missed out on Dedenne, Shinx, and Eevee. :C
Yeah, it has all 720 Pokemon (with the exception of Volcanion).

I don't think purple Kecleon matters much on if you should buy the game or not... I do miss it, but oh well.

Disappointing how Pikachu and Riolu are the only non-traditional starters, they missed out on Dedenne, Shinx, and Eevee. :C
Yeah, it has all 720 Pokemon (with the exception of Volcanion).

I don't think purple Kecleon matters much on if you should buy the game or not... I do miss it, but oh well.
I just feel sorry for the other Kecleon, being all alone like that. :(

They briefly showed a world map being traversed by a Lapras. Are these continents recognizable to anyone?

Someone on reddit pointed out being able to visit the original continent, having to do a quiz for partner and I personally find it hilarious seeing the giant Wailord plop down next to the others.

Back