XY77 'The Pokémon Sky Relay Challenge! Fly, Noibat!!' & Pikachu Specials

Both the episode today and the Pikcahu special were a joy to watch. :)

The episode itself was kinda fillery but lots of fun, and we're really getting to see the bonds that Noibat is forming with Ash and his team, especially Hawlucha. It was also, admittedly, nice to see Ash NOT win. I think it was more important for Noibat to experience the love and support of Ash and the Pokémon for doing his best, even if it ended up in 2nd place insteaf of 1st, than for Ash to win yet another competition.

The Pikachu Special was, honestly, just plain fun and awesome. :D The movie itself was cute, and it was nice to see everyone pitching in and helping. The highlight of the episode was the blooper reel at the end, especially seeing the cast do voice acting, and Clemont on film, and the various effects errors and mistakes. Such a fun little piece! :D

It says that Ash plans to enter with Fletchinder, Noibat and Hawlucha, but it says later on that Fletchling is his started

XY077_1346.jpg

Didn't they do this Metro Goldwyn Mayer joke before with Meowth?

I thought it looked familiar, but couldn't place it. But now that you mention it, I found this on Google Images. :D It's from XY21, which was the PokéVision episode. Seems like a short time frame to reuse a gag... but it's am amusing gag, so I don't mind. :p

Back