Ruling Allergic Shock & Cursed Drop

xxwishxx92

Aspiring Trainer
As the title will the putting damage counter attack such as Chandelure Ex "Cursed Drop" trigger Beedrill Allergic Shock? Since the wording is damaged by an attack, put damage counter look like different from normal attack damage. Thank you.

Beedrill-Primal-Clash-3.jpg

Chandelure-EX-Legendary-Treasures-77.jpg

Yes, it'll be KO'd. In this particular case, damage is damage, no matter how it's applied.

Yes, it'll be KO'd. In this particular case, damage is damage, no matter how it's applied.

Actually, Cursed Drop would not Knock Out the Defending Pokemon if you had used Allergic Shock the previous turn. Doing damage and placing damage counters are two completely different things. I believe this is deserving of a DNA quote:

The way I once heard it is that doing damage is like being punched, and placing damage counters is like God.

Humor aside, the origin of the 'damage' is different. For example, a punch to the face is going to feel a whole lot different than a cloud of smoke, right? The cloud of smoke would harm you but wouldn't be direct physical damage. A similar principle applies to Pokemon here.

Now I must go hang myself for making stupid analogies about a trading card game.

I stand corrected, I misread the card as "attacked". You need to deal damage in order to trigger Allergic Shock's effect.

Back