General Pokemon Shuffle

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I've been in abouta dozen times and seen Darmanitan once.

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね
I have tried it 15 or 20 times now, one Darmanitan and I caught it (I think 8 turns left 47%), about. Haven't encountered Manectric.

I have used Mega Gengar (lv 7), Dialga (lv 7) and Giratina (lv 6) since the beginning when I didn't know what's in the safari and haven't bothered switching up since it works. Mega Gengar is awesome with only 3 Pokémon.

Last edited:

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I definitely agree with Teal in using Mega Gengar. That's what I did the first time and it helps a lot. Even if its against a Pokemon that resists it, you get such high combos that it more than makes up for it. My safari team has been Mega Gengar and Banette so I can get to mega evolve Gengar as quickly as possible.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Mega Gengar, Donphan, Groudon.

MrCoolViking

Aspiring Trainer
I finally got Blastoisinite!! So used Mega Blastoise in the Safari all the time.
With 10 Hearts I got Darmanitan twice and Manectric once. Got them all quite fast (Darmanitan at try #2).
Manaphy I captured after only one try without any help. Finally Lady Luck came to me! :D

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I decided to alter my safari team to Mega Gengar, Groudon, and Heracross and it's been working a bit better. With only 3 Pokemon in play Heracross' Swarm is sure to do several hundred damage. I also managed to hit a 95 combo on Darmanitan on the second turn. The first turn I had Quake activate.

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね
I have only encountered Manectric once... The encounter rates feel like:
Darumaka 40%
Stantler 35%
Electrike 15%
Darmanitan 8%
Manectric 2%...

Jaaaaay

Fear the Six Karp Fisherman
I decided to alter my safari team to Mega Gengar, Groudon, and Heracross and it's been working a bit better. With only 3 Pokemon in play Heracross' Swarm is sure to do several hundred damage. I also managed to hit a 95 combo on Darmanitan on the second turn. The first turn I had Quake activate.

This was my team, bar Heracross for Genesect - they have the same ability just G has more power

I have only encountered Manectric once... The encounter rates feel like:
Darumaka 40%
Stantler 35%
Electrike 15%
Darmanitan 8%
Manectric 2%...

For me Darmuaka and Electrike would be switched around, That little fire ball refuses to show his face

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I don't yet have Genesect so I have to make do with what I have. Yesterday I finally managed to find Manectric and had to use a Great Ball. I also defeated and captured Manaphy after two tries. Still stuck on Dialga. It really seems like a paywall because I can't even beat it with a level 8 team of Mega Lucario, Moltres, Groudon, Heatran.

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね
I beat (and captured) Dialga several times with no items so it's not really a paywall.

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね
I used the suggestion afaicr. It currently says Lucario lv 9, Heatran lv 7, Ninetales lv 7 and Conkeldurr lv 7. I'm pretty sure I didn't have Conk back then though (I caught it on day 2). Iirc Ninetales is pretty good for Dialga.

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
10 hearts later and only one of those attempts did I beat it, although it was on the very last move so when it broke out of the Poke Ball there was no way I was going to use a great ball. Half of my attempts I'm not even able to get five moves with the initial board.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
RIP Dialga, you won't be missed.

New competition. Top 40k players get Manectite, top 6k players get Mega Speedup, everyone between 20k and 6k get Mega Start instead.

I actually have coins to spare, so I bought all three powerups and went in with a team of Mega Gengar, Groudon, Donphan, and Marowak. Got me to just a hair under 30000. (none of my pokes are level 10 yet). My ranking is triple digits right now but that will obviously change. If I don't rank in I am going to be ultra heated. I'll check back periodically and see if I slip below 6000. The Mega Start is arguably more useful but since candy is pretty rare right now, I'm going for that. Used the two I had on Mewtwo (maxing him out first).

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Yesterday I first did the weekend Meowth stage and was able to get 4000 coins off that. I then decided to have one last go at Dialga using only Attack Up because I wanted to save 2500 for a Great Ball. I was able to beat Dialga and had a 24% catch rate and it failed. I was lucky enough for it to be a critical capture so my catch rate went up to 96%. I threw the Great Ball and finally caught it. That's the closest I've come to not getting an exclusive Pokemon.

I did the Mega Manectric stage once without items and got slightly above 9000 points. I don't expect the position to hold and will use items later in the week when I have coins from using Check In provided I'm able to connect to the internet my hotel will have.

Raizen

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon shuffle is coming to iTunes App Store and Google Play:

We're likely to have much more competition for those mega stones.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
That actually makes me tempted to grab it. My 3DSXL is bulky enough and has enough games that if I'm carrying it around with me it's because I want to play something more real, but I carry my phone around with me a lot so I'm more likely to play silly games like this. :p

Supa_Hot_Fire

Hoping for Shedinja Break...
Is anyone else kind of annoyed about Mega Manectric? I placed in the top 6000, so I got the stone and the mega speedup, but I was very disappointed to find that Manectric has basically the same mega ability and same mega evolution rate as Ampharos, the key difference being that Manectric has less base AP... Am I missing some redeeming quality, or is my judgement accurate?

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The difference lies in the ability. It's a small difference, but it warrants a change. Would have been cool to see it attack horizontally or something.

My day one score ended me at like 5900 something, just good enough to score the Mega Speedup.