Discussion Pangoro Promo Viability

Plasma Dragon

Until the end of time
Pangoro-XY-Black-Star-Promos-XY50.jpg

I was wondering how viable this card is in a competitive setting because of sky field. I know there are some cards that could really make this good (or better). Also i have not play tested this card at all so if you have please tell me what the main issue with this card is from making it competitive it would be most welcomed :)

-Sky Field: With 8 Pokemon on your bench Pangoro can have 260 HP,
-Korrina: Set up,
-Exeggcute: Easily retrievable from the discard pile using its ability,
-Landorus: Energy accelerator because Pangoro does not have the cheapest attack,
-Machamp: Extra damage for OHKO's,

If anyone can think of anything that can make this more viable please leave a comment. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Ms Hugo

Aspiring Trainer
I think it could be a fun deck. The issue is, as you say, it doesn't do a huge amount of damage unless you inflict a special condition (which could work well with the new Ariados) and 3 Energy certainly isn't cheap, especially with the somewhat limited amount of energy acceleration for Fighting types.

Maybe Roaring Skies Togekiss could help it get powered up a bit quicker, and some Shaymin could help draw into the Muscle Bands/Strong Energy needed for the card to OHKO EXs.

TheStrictNein

Has tried turning it off and on again
The one key problem with this deck is that your opponent only needs to deal 100 damage, then Lysandre you. Boom, dead

Ms Hugo

Aspiring Trainer
But then that Pangoro becomes active so the ability activates right? Or am I missing some rule?

I think Nein means to deliver 100 damage to an active Pangoro, then Lysandre out something on the bench, thus pushing that Pangoro to the Bench, deactivating the ability and KO'ing it.

Plasma Dragon

Until the end of time
I think Nein means to deliver 100 damage to an active Pangoro, then Lysandre out something on the bench, thus pushing that Pangoro to the Bench, deactivating the ability and KO'ing it.
O i see, yeah that could be a problem.

crann777

I See You
I will probably try to polish this turd at some point, but their are plenty of other cards ahead of it on the list.

silverdew77

Aspiring Trainer
couldn't you combined this with the regirock promo or any other pokemon with omega barrier to remove the lysandre problem?

Professor Palutena

The Queen
couldn't you combined this with the regirock promo or any other pokemon with omega barrier to remove the lysandre problem?
That'd require only benching Regirocks and other Omega Barrier Pokemon on your bench. Would essentially limit you to a single Pangoro for the whole game, as benching anything other than Omega Barriers opens up Lysandre targets. Don't think it'd work very well.

SaiScott95

TCG Fanboy
I personally tested this as soon as I saw Pangoro in Walmart. I've found Lysandre and Escape Rope to be quite the issue here. 3 Energy for 80 damage also isn't worth it. Sure Ariados could increase that damage, but poison adding up would just make it easier to get you to 100 damage to kill with Lysandre or Escape Rope.

This card was an interesting idea, but it stops at that unfortunately...

Supa_Hot_Fire

Hoping for Shedinja Break...
I could see this being a fun gimmick deck using Landorus (Fuf) and other fighting support. Nevertheless, this deck is still plagued with issues and is best left for play with friends.

(Thanks to bbninjas for correcting me).

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I could see this being a fun gimmick deck using:

Skyfield ~ This one's obvious. Lets you bring Pangoro's HP to 260.
Ariados ~ Poisons both actives so Crazy Knuckle does its maximum damage.
Sparkling Robe ~ Keeps your Pangoro from being poisoned by Ariados.
Landorus (Fuf) ~ Accelerates energy onto Pancham/Pangoro

And a bunch of other obvious cards that don't need explaining (Korrina, Strong Energy, etc.). Nevertheless, this deck is still plagued with issues and is best left for play with friends.
The flaw with this is that Sparkling Robe counteracts Crazy Knuckle's possibility of maximum damage... so I'm a little confused.

Supa_Hot_Fire

Hoping for Shedinja Break...
The flaw with this is that Sparkling Robe counteracts Crazy Knuckle's possibility of maximum damage... so I'm a little confused.

Oops haha. I read the attack as opponents Pokemon affected by a special condition. I'll fix my post.