• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Dead Scream (Mew EX / Shedinja)

Cartoon_Eric

Aspiring Trainer
Hello all you happy people.

I would just like to share, and hopefully get some opinions on a fun deck I've been working on that is actually doing pretty well when it gets going. So I present a deck starring Mew-EX and Shedinja from Roaring Skies.

Pokemon: 18
  • 4 Mew-EX
  • 4 Nincada ROS 9
  • 4 Shedinja ROS 11
  • 2 Flabebe FLF 63
  • 2 Floette FLF 64
  • 1 Virizion-EX
  • 1 Mr. Mime PLF 47
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 34
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 Pokemon Fan Club
  • 2 N
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Teammates
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 4 Frozen City
  • 2 Dimension Valley
  • 1 Life Dew
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Sacred Ash
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 3 Evosoda
  • 4 Hard Charm
Energy: 8
  • 6 Grass Energy
  • 2 Rainbow Energy
Strategy:

The deck's strategy is as simple as it gets. You can either build up damage on purpose onto Mew-EX or Shedinja, whichever is in the active, or let your opponent do it for you. And if they don't knock out either Pokemon then they just do Hopeless Scream for some major damage. Mew-EX is a logical choice since it can mimic Hopeless Scream for either one energy or none if Dimension Valley is in play. The Hard Charms are to blunt the damage so I don't get too much from my opponent hopefully. Mr. Mime and Virizion-EX are there for support so that only I can put the damage myself with the effect of Frozen City and no bench sniping or special condition tricks since this deck does use grass and rainbow energies. The Floettes with the Flower Veil Ability give Shedinja a little extra HP which might go a long way. Especially if I'm up against the likes of grass weak Pokemon like Seismitoad-EX, Hippowdon from Primal Clash which is getting a lot of attention at Nationals, and Wailord-EX. Just two damage on a Shedinja and you Hopeless Scream for 200 for the kill. Or three damage in Wailord-EX's case. Not bad at all.

Okay so my explanation for the strategy of this deck wasn't that simple. :p My apologies. In any case I would like to see if I can get some opinions and ideas to help make this deck a bit better. It's been pretty fun to play except for times when I can't draw the energy or the supporter I need to keep moving. But it happens. So what do you folks think?

~Cartoon Eric

Last edited:
Well for your draw support problem, I recommend you add some more draw support like Colress or N, because you don't have that much. For energy, add some Professor's Letters in. Since you run so many Ultra Ball's, you could take out one Pokemon Fan Club. I would also drop one Evosoda, because only two of your Pokemon evolve. Lastly, I would add a Lysandre to control their side of the field, for when your Shedinga or Mew EX comes in. You should also add one more Sacred Ash to help recycle cards like Mew EX and Shedinga. Otherwise your deck list seems pretty good!

Hope this helped.

Last edited:
Well for your draw support problem I recommend you add some more draw support like Colress or N, because you don't have that much. For energy add some Professor's Letter in. Since you run so many Ultra Ball's you could take out one Pokemon Fan Club. I would also drop one Evosoda because only two of your Pokemon evolve. Lastly I would add a Lysandre to control their side of the field for when your Shedinga or Mew EX comes in, you should also add one more Sacred Ash to help recycle cards like Mew EX and Shedinga. Otherwise your deck list seems pretty good!

Hope this helped

Cool! I'll consider those ideas. Thanks friend.

Of course I'm still open to ideas so if there's anything else that can improve this deck's performance that I'm unaware of then I'm all ears.

I ran 4 rainbow energy in mine just to up the self damage potential on mew.

I did so as well. But I've had situations where the three extra damage from the Rainbow Energy + Frozen City put me too close in a bind. But maybe that's just me. Would you say an energy line of 4 Grass and 4 Rainbow would suffice?

That is what I used, but go with what your gut tells you. I Personally think you need to be hitting five damage counters on a benched Mew EX (or four and muscle band) so you can start OHKO toads and M Rays at will.

It's a speed sweep deck, you want to be hitting those magic numbers (180, 220) as soon and as reliably as possible.

Then after that it's just using clever and conservative play to make sure they cannot one shot you back without you having another attacker set up.

I've sen a couple Mew/Shedinja decks with both Frozen City and Team Magma Base. I only got a Medicham/Crobat Deck in PTCGO and it happens to counter Shedinja very well, since I can do 30 to bench with both Crobat's ability and attack.

That is what I used, but go with what your gut tells you. I Personally think you need to be hitting five damage counters on a benched Mew EX (or four and muscle band) so you can start OHKO toads and M Rays at will.

It's a speed sweep deck, you want to be hitting those magic numbers (180, 220) as soon and as reliably as possible.

Then after that it's just using clever and conservative play to make sure they cannot one shot you back without you having another attacker set up.

Now how would I go about doing that?

"Magic numbers" refers to the HP of most commonly found pokemon in the meta, so most EX are 170 or 180, most M are 210 or 220. So you need to be able to, reliably ohko pokemon with that amount of HP. So 4 damage counters is enough to ohko and EX in the game (warlord excepted) and 4 damage counters and a muscle band will ohko almost any mega (rayquazza and menectric being the big two to watch out for atm). So you need to reliably find a way of putting 4 (or more) damage counters on your mew EX as quickly as possible. This goes for any OHKO deck.

As for playing conservatively it's just playing smart, if your opponent has a fully powered up m ray and another on the bench, and you have only one mew EX out, then stall with a robo sub or whatever else for a turn or two (lysandre out a basic pokemon with no energy and two retreat cost maybe) so you can get a second mew powered up. So when he switches back to M ray, you then bring Mew back out, KO his M ray, he then KO's your mew with his other M ray, then you KO his second M ray with your second mew, leaving you with a fully powered up sweeper and him with nothing. How you choose to do it will always come down to the game state, but just intelligent play that doesn't throw away mews for no reason. As they are such fragile EX's you must always make sure you play to keep the prize trade in your favour.

Back