SAtk: 40
SDef: 95 -> 105
Spe: 85 -> 75

Pre Mega Abilities:

Swarm -Bug moves are powered up when HP is low
Guts - Attack is raised when affected by a status condition
Moxie - Attack is raised 1 stage when it defeats a Pokemon
Mega Ability:
Skill Link - Multi-hit moves hit maximum amount of times.

Viable Moves:

Close Combat - 120 / 100 Def & SDef are lowered one stage
Megahorn - 120 / 85
Pin Missile - 25 / 95 2-5 hits.
Rock Blast - 25 / 90 2-5 hits.
Bullet Seed - 25 / 100 2-5 hits.
Protect - N/a. Prevents all damage and affects this turn. Success rate drops if used consecutively.
Earthquake - 100 / 100 Hits all but the user.

While not seen commonly, Heracross actually can perform well in VGC if given the chance. If you suspect incoming burns and can't get a KO first, you can let Heracross take it so Guts activates and strike hard. The big secret to using Mega Heracross is speed control. If you don't have speed control on your team, you can't fully use Mega Heracross because 75 speed is just not fast enough. When it is paired with the correct Pokemon it can be a devasting force. If you want to see some battles with it in action, I recommend you look through my VGC Progress Report thread. Since Speed Control is required to use Mega Heracross optimally, I recommend Adamant nature over Jolly. The extra power is significant with 185 base attack.

Recommended teammates:

Heatran: Heatran pairs very nicely with Heracross because it resists anything that is super effective against Heracross. It has the defenses to take hits well.

Pachirisu: Pachirisu is able to paralyze enemies to give Mega Heracross the speed advantage it needs. It also has access to Follow Me to make a hard attack hit it instead.

Zapdos: Zapdos has access to Thunder Wave to cause quick paralysis ensuring you move first. It also is able to use Tailwind to boost your team's speed. It is able to hit quite hard with Thunderbolt and Heat Wave as well.

Suicune: Suicune is one of the better Pokemon at speed control. It can either boost your team's speed with Tailwind or lower the opponent's by using Icy Wind. It has the bulk to take repeated attacks. Scald also has a good chance of causing burns.

Togekiss: With Thunder Wave and Follow Me, you can paralyze opponent's and redirect attacks back at Togekiss instead. Togekiss is also capable of Tailwind.

Thundurus-I: Prankster Thunder Wave makes sure you can get a fast paralysis on the opponent. Priority Taunt also makes sure the opponent can't use Protect or try and cripple Heracross with a status condition.

Have you had any success using Mega Heracross?
What sets have you tried out?
Discuss.

Heracross suffers from the existence of Mega Salamence, Sylveon and Metagross. That is why I think Heatran and Thundurus are the best partners that he can have. Its speed is so bad though. Do you think it can do well on Trick Room teams? I don't know if 75 base speed is slow enough.
The EV's should go into Atk of course and the rest to the HP unless it can use some speed EV's to outrun any specific threats?

Mega Heracross can get 72 Speed for the minimum. It could function on Trick Room and it'd be a more bulky spread. The current set I use dedicates 220 EVs to Speed which allows it to hit 133 Speed because that speed tier is what my team needs to function. 236 would allow it to outspeed max speed Bisharp and Breloom though. It is something I've been considering for my team.

Back