New Forum Suggestions

Also it would be awesome if we could have a replacement for the
code.

Besides that, I really would like to see those posts underneath an avy like previously :D

The
should indeed have a replacement or just return. I don't know how to use multi-quote and seeing two replies turned into two posts intead of just one separated by the
seems akward and superfluous.

There should be something to show that a user is banned, such as putting strikethrough through their name in their postbit.

There should be something to show that a user is banned, such as putting strikethrough through their name in their postbit.

That's something we already have implemented. Their usernames will be striked-through.

Sorry if this is asking a lot, but what about something under the user icon thing that can show a current party in a version or something? Like, a little icon indicating the version, and then the party icons. I could help with the icons if that's done. I just thought it would be a bit fun, you know?

When a member is ignored and one of their posts is quoted, the quote disappears as well. This makes some posts look weird without any context. Would it be possible to still display quoted text from ignored members by default?

Kinda would like to see an not broken search bar... am I alone on this one? Hmmm... And maybe you could do something to the sides of the forums because its like just sand.

Kinda would like to see an not broken search bar... am I alone on this one? Hmmm... And maybe you could do something to the sides of the forums because its like just sand.
The search bar is all good for me...? What is your problem with it?

Wa they fixed it? (Ok so the last time I checked was before the overhaul maybe they fixed it then?) woop going to go use it now :p

We really need a font size which is the regular font size in the options. Once you change font size once in your post, you can't change it back to normal. You can circumvent this by just remembering what part of your post you want a different size and doing it at the end, but it's not always easy to remember that you have to wait.

For the record, 3 looks like this and 4 looks like this.

Maybe I'm just missing my username always being in green, but it would be cool to change the color your username appears next to your posts.

This isn't really a suggestion to do with software as an idea for the community in general, but I can't see a specific mod/admin this would make sense to contact over any other so I figured I'd just post it here and let the staff discuss it in private.

Google has a really nice feature known as Google Hangouts, which I'm sure you all know about anyway but here's a link just in case you haven't seen it before. A couple gaming communities I've seen have used this to have little hangouts within their communities, thus the name. It may be advertised to literally just be browser Skype, but there's a fun feature which allows you to 'Screenshare' with other people in the hangout, which lets you choose a window on your computer and share whatever is in that window with everyone else. Gaming communities often use this to share footage of them playing games with each other, whether via emulator (which we obviously don't promote and don't share any links for) or via capture card. This can create some really fun and memorable times and is just all around fun. Privacy is great with it too, because you don't even need to add anyone on Google; if you have the link (and are signed into your gmail account) you can join without sharing details with anyone except maybe your first and second name. There's even a chat, so it's not necessary to bring a capture card.

I think it'd be really fun if we had these hangouts every once in a while, maybe bimonthly or even weekly, depending on interest. Anyone can start these hangouts too; it's just a button on the link I provided above. It'd make sense to have a thread to advertise and discuss the hangouts, but I'm not entirely sure where this would go. Forum Games perhaps?

I think that could be fun! Why not watch a movie? It isn't really hard to find a movie for all of us to watch.

I know this would be tedious as hell, but maybe this would work as a temporary thing in addition to the reputation thread, have badges for the number of positive trade reps you have, this way it could be like what I guess the old rep system looked like, and it's easily visible. Just have numbers on the badge image from one-100 with numbers after 100 just being "100+ member has had over 100 positive trades"

We're in the processing of working out a new reputation system for XF. The rep thread was always intended as a temporary measure until the new stuff is all worked out.

I know I figured that if you guys wanted something to help more in the mean time this might be easy to do, note easy, NOT NOT TEDIOUS AS HELL.

Unfortunately, it would be a whole lot more difficult and tedious than you imply, but the new rep program will be nice when it's done. :)

For whatever reason right now after only a couple minutes any posts you make in a conversation can no longer be edited. This means that, for example, in the current challenge me and bb are hosting in the forum games subforum we had to create 7 spreadsheets so that we could constantly edit the itineraries of our competitors. I think it would be good if we could edit any posts we make in conversations.

I noticed outdated stuff, such as tiers, last year's cards, etc., in the Forums' Metagame Deck Discussion Sub-Forum(MDDSF) that might need to be updated to reflect the rotation to XY-On, because, unless you think I overreacted, not intending to mini-mod, since I'm not calling them out by username(so in my book, it doesn't count as minimodding), I noticed a possible lack of oversight there, and that some members have decided to take advantage of that by taking things into their own hands by posting their own threads there, despite those threads not containing the first post decklist for a metagame deck that other threads in that forum have. So why not update the sub-forum's threads and mark your territory by locking the ability to make new threads, but keeping the ability to make new posts in threads already established by the sub-forum's moderator staff???

^ Either that, or if the article program somehow preempts the need to update that forum section, move all threads there to an archive, then lock and delete that sub-forum to prevent unnecessary spam in the event that portion of the forum won't be supported due to the new article program possibly succeeding it, unless you believe the MDDSF is still necessary to please the members, and/or you have another reason why it should not be deleted as a thing of the past, such as the new article program being an insufficient reason to do away with the MDDSF...

^ I know it would be a sad day if the MDDSF is deleted and archived in favor of the article program, knowing my elders' fears of giving out payment info online for anything other than things they can easily track, such as physical goods, thinking that I could be stolen from if I give out my credit card information to unofficial internet sources outside the big names, but regardless, I won't dwell on that if the MDDSF goes to the graveyard, even though I may still need help at times, if only via the channels I have access to(you know, the free ones), and with the article program, what if, in the event the free channels I use to help me out are closed, forcing me to pay up, or else get no clear answers at all to possible problems with my deck??? No matter what, I still won't dwell on the MDDSF's closure if it does happen. I'll just take my questions somewhere else... I hope I don't have to do that, though... I like Pokebeach... But I do know it will be sad if help becomes a subscription-only thing... :(

Last edited:
After the forum reorganization, there really doesn't seem to be a place that fits for tournament organizers to advertise events. I really think it was a bad idea to cut the sanctioned events forum because it was a clearly defined place tournament organizers could advertise their tournaments. This also leads into less potential players seeing the event which can cause the event size to be smaller.

The problem when you had the VGC forum was that the metagame was already established so there wasn't much to discuss. Once the rules for the next season is announced I would like to see it separated again. I think you just don't seem to understand the metagame for VGC is not exactly constantly changing like you would see in OU. The main times you'll see a change is after regionals which only happens three times a year. You seem to have no issues keeping subforums of VG Competitive which haven't had posts for much longer.

Suggestion: Make it so it doesn't put your account in awaiting activation if it fails the email. I've had this happen to me not once, but twice so far. At least one of these was due to a problem on PokeBeach's end, not mine. If the person is a subscriber, they also lose access to that forum until they get put back into the appropriate usergroup.

Back