Art Gallery Steffenka's Card Artworks - Dragoon Island!

I really like the Stunfisk one! Unlike the others, this one has a bit more of scene, which I think really adds to the artwork. It feels not too complicated or busy, either, which is why I like it in particular!

Well it's not technically Thursday nor Sunday, but since they were requested I'll post them now so that @Reggie McGigas and @Jabberwock won't have to wait so long for their requests :)

649__377_by_steffenka-d90tis4.jpg
First time I've ever drawn Genesect, and I'm honestly flabbergasted with how satisfied I am with it :D

570_571__619_620_by_steffenka-d90yila.jpg
Really satisfied with all of the Pokemon, but I especially like Zorua and Mienfoo!

I hope it is something the two of you can use! :D

Wow!! These have improved significantly! I love how you've made more action-based poses which tell even more of a story, and you've used effects (extra shading, blurs) and adequate poses to really create the effects!

Well I did say I'd post my results but I don't plan on doing any more. I don't feel a thread is nesecary so I'll post em here.

1437138351.png

1437138419.png

9140218_orig.jpg

Your work is stunning for sure! I think that making more cards whose artworks fit into each other would be cool. A suggestion would be to try doing what I did and make a scene. Use Pokemon cards for outlines for the illustration.

Well I did say I'd post my results but I don't plan on doing any more. I don't feel a thread is nesecary so I'll post em here.

1437138351.png

1437138419.png

9140218_orig.jpg

Your work is stunning for sure! I think that making more cards whose artworks fit into each other would be cool. A suggestion would be to try doing what I did and make a scene. Use Pokemon cards for outlines for the illustration.
Really like your M-Latias Reggie! It looks amazing! I've actually been thinking about doing a big scene with multiple Pokemon like that (Kinda like the Southern Islands cards too if anyone remembers them). One thing though Reggie, is when you draw these multiple Pokemon scenes, you have to remember to take the respective Pokemon's sizes into consideration. For example, would Snorlax have to be a bit far away for Larvesta to be the same size as it, or else the scene wouldn't really make sense as a whole. Same with Metapod and Volcarona, and Caterpie and Snorlax :)

Really like your M-Latias Reggie! It looks amazing! I've actually been thinking about doing a big scene with multiple Pokemon like that (Kinda like the Southern Islands cards too if anyone remembers them). One thing though Reggie, is when you draw these multiple Pokemon scenes, you have to remember to take the respective Pokemon's sizes into consideration. For example, would Snorlax have to be a bit far away for Larvesta to be the same size as it, or else the scene wouldn't really make sense as a whole. Same with Metapod and Volcarona, and Caterpie and Snorlax :)

Yeah i kinda realized my problem with my porportions as I was finishing it up. So yeah that Snorlax is actually a mutated miniature snorlax.

418_419__710_711_by_steffenka-d91dqn3.jpg
I really like the Buizel, since I don't really draw "funny" artworks, but it looks cute :3
Next up: Mewtwo (most likely Friday) and then a request made by @bbninjas (next week) :)

I like the Gougeist Lv.X art! The pre-level and pre-evolution seem to have a slightly less-there lineart, though; was that intentional?

The Buizel and Floatzel art looks very nice, too. It's always nice to see a change from the usual pictured fight-stance.

I like the Gougeist Lv.X art! The pre-level and pre-evolution seem to have a slightly less-there lineart, though; was that intentional?

The Buizel and Floatzel art looks very nice, too. It's always nice to see a change from the usual pictured fight-stance.
Thank you! Yup it was intentional. I thought it would give them a ghostly appearance, but I do realize that they are kinda hard to see..

I'm finding you're starting to zoom in your art a lot. I'd just keep in mind that TCG art rarely cut as much as you are now. Other than that, great work as always!

I like what @Reggie McGigas did with the combined artworks, so I thought I'd give it a shot myself! I have another one in progress, though it only features two Pokemon .3.

561__328_330__562_563_by_steffenka-d92788d.jpg

These are really nice! I'm particularly liking that Trapinch, perhaps due to I can see all of it, or the emotion you're conveying ^___^.

679_681__684_685_by_steffenka-d935btm.jpg
I really dislike the Doublade (it's quite horrible imo), so it will probably be remade at some point, the Honedge, Swirlix and Slurpuff I really like, and the Aegislash might be remade too :/

I really think you need to make the Pokemon fit to the panel (i.e. not zoomed in). I'm having difficulty seeing Honedge's features, especially the sword point, and the blue thing took me a while to recognise Dx. Doublade looks extremely zoomed, which I think is why you think it's horrible. The pose doesn't look too bad from what I can see imo. Aegislash is okay, but it I would like to see its features (i.e. point). Even Slurpuff feels a bit too cut; I'd recommend extending it so you can see at least part of both feet. Swirlix is my favourite, and very cute - I think it's mainly because I can see all of it. Actually, I think most of my favourites are not cut. Hopefully this doesn't come across as too critical - it's supposed to be constructive >.>

Back