P!P/Rules Will Expanded Have a Ban List?

When exactly was this? From what time period was putting down a stadium turn 1 prohibited in tournament play? When did it start and when did it end? I have never heard of this before, I thought the rules have been just about the same since base set.

Diamond & Pearl and HeartGold/SoulSilver didn't allow the player going first to play any trainers. It wasn't until Black & White came out that these restrictions were removed. There has also been other restrictions in the past such as not drawing a card and no supporters.

Diamond & Pearl and HeartGold/SoulSilver didn't allow the player going first to play any trainers.

Any Trainers (Items, Stadiums, Supporters) or any "Trainers" meaning "just Items" because during the time cited Supporters and Stadiums were spun off into their own card Type?

I don't trust the-powers-that-be because Lysandre's Trump Card being a problem was pretty obvious. As severe a problem? Perhaps not... but then there is my disappointment with the direction of the game over the last several years. It seems like we are reliving so much of the game's past history with the-powers-that-be repeating mistakes that they should have learned from when they happened for the first time... which sometimes means going all the way back to Base Set and sometimes includes making the same mistake more than once before. ^^'

Generic evolution acceleration has always been potent and only not problematic when big, Basic Pokémon are. Problematic, that is. ;) There is a hypothetical "sweet spot" but it requires work that isn't already being done, like making Evolving Pokémon good enough to help support the Evolution line (so you don't need a super-special-awesome end Stage to compete) and giving you reason to not skip over intervening Stages. Broken Time-Space for just Grass-Types will only work out if Grass-Types are otherwise pretty weak and/or everything else is stupidly strong. Of course, I still don't expect anything else to be banned anytime soon: we'll utter domination in several medium level events or at least one high level ("high" meaning Worlds, U.S. Nationals, something major in Japan, etc.).

Any Trainers (Items, Stadiums, Supporters) or any "Trainers" meaning "just Items" because during the time cited Supporters and Stadiums were spun off into their own card Type?

I don't trust the-powers-that-be because Lysandre's Trump Card being a problem was pretty obvious. As severe a problem? Perhaps not... but then there is my disappointment with the direction of the game over the last several years. It seems like we are reliving so much of the game's past history with the-powers-that-be repeating mistakes that they should have learned from when they happened for the first time... which sometimes means going all the way back to Base Set and sometimes includes making the same mistake more than once before. ^^'

Generic evolution acceleration has always been potent and only not problematic when big, Basic Pokémon are. Problematic, that is. ;) There is a hypothetical "sweet spot" but it requires work that isn't already being done, like making Evolving Pokémon good enough to help support the Evolution line (so you don't need a super-special-awesome end Stage to compete) and giving you reason to not skip over intervening Stages. Broken Time-Space for just Grass-Types will only work out if Grass-Types are otherwise pretty weak and/or everything else is stupidly strong. Of course, I still don't expect anything else to be banned anytime soon: we'll utter domination in several medium level events or at least one high level ("high" meaning Worlds, U.S. Nationals, something major in Japan, etc.).

No Items stadiums or supporters of any kind. Only Pokemon and Energy - hence the usefulness of cool cards like Call Energy.

Only card I think that should banned is Archeops NVI. It was supposed to restore then evolve(at least when Noble Victories were out, I don't think desingers would considered Maxie's hidden ball trick), but being able to Maxie out makes it way too overpowered.

Only card I think that should banned is Archeops NVI. It was supposed to restore then evolve(at least when Noble Victories were out, I don't think desingers would considered Maxie's hidden ball trick), but being able to Maxie out makes it way too overpowered.
Eh, I don't think so. If Archeops starts to get too much showing, people with evolution decks will just add a few Evosoda and/or Wally to counter effectively.

Eh, I don't think so. If Archeops starts to get too much showing, people with evolution decks will just add a few Evosoda and/or Wally to counter effectively.

Few things in the Pokémon TCG lack a counter, but not all counters are equally effective. The question will be whether the forced inclusion of cards like Wally and/or Evosoda will undermine in game deck/strategy diversity and enjoyment. Well, I'd like that to be the question asked, at least. ;)

I do wonder if Vileplume players will figure out a way to include Archeops and Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick.

Few things in the Pokémon TCG lack a counter, but not all counters are equally effective. The question will be whether the forced inclusion of cards like Wally and/or Evosoda will undermine in game deck/strategy diversity and enjoyment. Well, I'd like that to be the question asked, at least. ;)

I do wonder if Vileplume players will figure out a way to include Archeops and Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick.
Well, Evosoda isn't half bad as a searching item in the first place, it is just that Level Ball and/or Ultra Ball generally outclasses it.

Though Vileplume would be scary Dx

Back