• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Noivern / Meowstic

Creez

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 12
  • 4 Noibat
  • 4 Noivern
  • 2 Espurr
  • 2 Meowstic (FlashFire)
  • 2 Shaymin EX ( when i'll have them)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 31
  • 2 Professor Juniper (will change for sycamore, when can)
  • 3 N, (dunno what to switch for N and colress for the rotation, only have this atm)
  • 2 Colress, (dunno what to switch for N and colress for the rotation, only have this atm)
  • 2 Shauna (plan to use more when rotation change)
  • 2 Wally
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 2 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Evosoda
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 2 Professor's Letter
  • 2 Repeat Ball
  • 2 Switch
  • 2 Trainers' Mail
  • 1 Sacred Ash
  • 2 VS Seeker
Energy: 16
  • 7 Dark Energy
  • 5 Psychic Energy
  • 4 Dragon Energy
Strategy:

Ge noivern Asap spread dommage as much as i can, then if needed use meowstic as finisher :D don't think i have to explain alot, If you guys have better suggestion let me know :)
i know it's not much, but it's what i have IRl i just started a couple month ago :p

Last edited:
One of the issues with Noivern FFI is the energy requirement. 3 energy attachments is too slow, and Double Dragon Energy is vulnerable to hammers. Echolocation flips are the X-factor here but you don't want to be passing turns hoping an energy attachment isn't wasted by flipping tails.

One way to mitigate this is to run EXP. Share. Despite being easily Megaphone'd, you're opponent might not be able to use their Megaphones effectively because of Echolocation. If they blow EXP. Share off only for you to hit heads and receive no damage, you can put down another EXP. Share with the lead energy still available. This also makes it easier to attack without DDE, but you do need to run both Dark and Psychic Energy.

Another way is to run a secondary spread attacker that can do so for cheap. They all have their problems though. Gourgeist XY places 2 damage counters for just a single energy, but is another Stage 1. Spinda PCL can spread for a single colorless while being a basic, but it's only 10 damage. θ Celebi Promo has an ability that has synergy with Noivern and places 1 damage on everyone, but it takes a grass and is currently unannounced outside of Japan. Also none of these options can use DDE in a pinch.

You can free up deck space by dropping the Wally's (nothing is needed Turn 1 that is worth the consistency) and cutting down to 12 energy (I would run more Psychic than Dark). I also think Shaymin EX is too big of an out for opponents to get around Echolocation.

But.... but... i love wally :(, and for Exp Share. Sound really good i will give it a try

I think EXP Share is a great Idea, I'll see if I can fit one in my deck.

You can look at my Noivern deck. Bats bats and more Bats. The challenge is Ageslash, but EXP Share will help.

I see you are not running a stadium, you will auto loss to roaring seas, Training center gives you 30 more HP

im only playing against my friend at the moment we don't really have a local were, but yeah training center could be a small plus even if i don't play competivly at the moment, i still don't know what to remove to put them and the Exp share, i like the bats idea, but it's too mainstream for me xD ahaha. I like to wombo combo with my meowstick to finish pokemon :p

I see you are not running a stadium, you will auto loss to roaring seas, Training center gives you 30 more HP

Training Center can also give all your opponents Pokemon +30 HP making it harder to get the KO on them, so it could end up working against you. Currently I like Silent Lab in this this as it helps slow down Shaymin EX and gets around Aegislash EX among other things. Mr Mime won't be around in standard anymore, so Silent Lab isn't as much of a necessity, but still good.

Another stadium worth considering is Faded Color City (?) from AOR that places 2 damage counters on Mega Pokemon between turns. This will really help knock the HP of Mega's down and really add up for Meowstic.

if this is for #xy on, then you might need to drop the black and white cards, otherwise it will be an auto loss anyway!

if this is for #xy on, then you might need to drop the black and white cards, otherwise it will be an auto loss anyway!

if you were talking about the N, colress and juniper, i was planning to change them when the rotation change, but as for now i don't know with what to change them

Back