General Pokemon Shuffle

So I just found out the hard way that Cresselia L35 is a coin stage, with 10 turns instead of 18. Disruptions of more coins every other turn, it seems.

A hint for the escalation battles that from 40-50 you will want to put Cresselia on your team. It is very helpful for breaking the ice blocks and extra Cresselia are spawned.

What are you guys using your Mega Speedups on? I used my first one on Mega Gengar, and I've used 3 on Mega Lucario and will use my Cresselia one to max it out. On a side note, thoughts on Mega Blaziken? I got the stone + speedup, but I'm finishing Cress before I allow myself to try it out.

Blew all mine on Mewtwo. Missed the Blazikenite because I fell asleep before I could use the coins I'd been saving up to buy the powerups. Oh well. There's always next time.

Mega Blaziken isn't that good. It replaces 3 random fire Pokemon tiles with itself so its a weaker Slowbro in a sense. It does mega evolve much quicker than Slowbro.

For Mega Speed Ups I've used one on Gengar and one on Lucario. I don't remember what else I used it on. I'm saving my current one and am trying to see if I can get to level 100 Cress for another one, but if its going to take items each level I'm not going to do it.

I honestly don't get the wobbuffet stage...it seems utterly pointless. Also, it gives you a ONE COIN REWARD, so I'll have to go back and do the stage nine more times to rid my coin counter of annoying single digits. What are other peoples' thoughts on this stage?

I honestly don't get the wobbuffet stage...it seems utterly pointless. Also, it gives you a ONE COIN REWARD, so I'll have to go back and do the stage nine more times to rid my coin counter of annoying single digits. What are other peoples' thoughts on this stage?

It's designed to allow new players to try out items as I understand it

Just for fun I've started practicing the Double Normal strategy with a team of Gengar (mega), Arceus, Lickilicky, and Blissey. I noticed that Double Normal doesn't activate all that often in smaller matches, so I find myself prearranging a match of five (usually triggers it) and launching into a combo after that. Is there a more efficient way to do it? Does anyone know what the activation rates are? Thanks.

Mega Blaziken isn't that good. It replaces 3 random fire Pokemon tiles with itself so its a weaker Slowbro in a sense. It does mega evolve much quicker than Slowbro.

For Mega Speed Ups I've used one on Gengar and one on Lucario. I don't remember what else I used it on. I'm saving my current one and am trying to see if I can get to level 100 Cress for another one, but if its going to take items each level I'm not going to do it.
I'm stuck at lv. 100. :( It creates 2 ice blocks on every move, and got pretty high HP... Any suggestions? Haven't got Genesect yet.

You pretty much need to use items to beat level 100. I'd recommend Attack Up, DD, and +5 moves. For Pokemon I'd recommend Mega Gengar, Heracross, Giratina, and possibly Cresslia just because of how good its ability is. Yveltal might otherwise work.

You pretty much need to use items to beat level 100. I'd recommend Attack Up, DD, and +5 moves. For Pokemon I'd recommend Mega Gengar, Heracross, Giratina, and possibly Cresslia just because of how good its ability is. Yveltal might otherwise work.
It works, thx:D. Although I haven't decided to whom I'll use them, they're pretty rare after all so it seems reasonable to collect some.

We have another Safari to deal with. This time there are seven Pokemon: Gible, Gabite, Garchomp, Furfrou, Staryu, Starmie, and Phione. Garchomp is rare, but is a base 80 ground type. Phione supposedly has a 1% chance of being encountered and has 60 base power with Crowd Control as its ability. Staryu's level has some coins while Starmie provides 100 Exp.

For Pokemon to bring Gengar is the mega of choice because the safari stages are 3 Pokemon each. It sets up long combos frequently. If you have Genesect I recommend it for its high power with Crowd Control; if you do not have it, Heracross works well too. For the final slot I'd recommend your strongest grass type because all but one Pokemon are weak to it.

I met Garchomp three times in a row (got it at the third attempt), but no Phione as of yet!
Looking forward to my b-day, as that's when the Garchompite contest begins. I really hope I'll be one of the winners...! Hope it'll be Top 15000 in Europe. That gives me at least a little better chance to obtain it. :rolleyes:

Has anyone caught Phione yet? Mega Garchomp spawns them, so obviously bringing it is a huge advantage. I've personally caught all the other safari 'mons, but I've wasted about 50 hearts with no sign of Phione.

I caught Phione this morning on my first try. In total I probably spent around 40 hearts at the safari before I caught everything. It wasn't hard to clear the stage and i had 4 moves remaining without using items which netted a 52% catch rate. Right now I'm grinding Ampharos stage using Mega Venusaur, Phione, Garchomp, and Articuno.

I have nothing nice to say about the safari, Phione (who I just learned was even a thing after struggling on Mega Garchomp), or Mega Garchomp.

So I won't. Now I'm off to grind for Phione.

A bit after I posted I caught Phione (probably about my 60th heart since catching everything else) so I'm glad that's over. For Mega Garchomp I'm using Mega Blastoise (7), Kyogre (7), Sceptile (7), and Phione (5). Not the highest leveled team (Griding is mind-numbingly dull), but Phione should be enough of a buffer to land me the speedup.

Finally caught Phione as well.

Events like Safari, Pinsir and Jirachi show that TPCi really don't give a damn about fairness in the game.

I'm trying to get the mega-garchomp stone, but it's pretty hopeless. I tried my best, with my best team (Mega-Galie, Kyogre, Sceptile, Starmie), and I'm ranked 39,684. My score was only 6931, so how are the top scores like 64,919? I couldn't even do half of that.
I'm thinking it's about time for me to uninstall this game.

Any hints/tips for how to get higher scores?

I've got a few tips. First off: are you using items? (If you are, ignore this part.) If nothing else, get Attack Power Up. I cannot stress enough how good this item is. It's literally a score doubler, and at a mere 3000 gold, it's by far the most cost effective item in the game (in my opinion). If you've got money probs, Meowth Grind.
First let's talk team. You should bring a team of three medium strength NON-FIGHTING 'mons (no megas, they mess with the coins) and a strong fighting mon. (Lucario and Conkeldurr are the best for this. If you don't have them, Lucario isn't too hard to get.) I then start by making matches to bring the coin situated on the top right to rest on top of - or one away from - the bottom right coin. Then, you basically move the other coins towards that match, aiming for a four or five match (sometimes you have to settle for three) while keeping a careful eye on your damage output (unexpected combos that lead to early killing sucks, as does underkilling Meowth). One of the most important things is knowing when to settle for a four coin match. If you can't get the two coins that spawn on the right side on top of each other in the first two moves, go for four. It takes a bit of practice, but soon you'll be raking in the coins.
Next, think about your team level. I have no idea what level your team is, but level five all around should be sufficient (the higher the safer). Just run them through Ampharos several times if they're below that. I know it's boring, but levels 1-5 aren't too bad, especially aided by EXP x1.5.

Finally, we have the most important thing: PRACTICE AND PERSEVERE. I used to think Lucario was the hardest stage ever. I was a total noob at time stages, but I kept at it, and now I usually place in the top 1-2 thousand in competitions (North America). I absolutely bombed the first Lucarionite competition, but I practiced and leveled a bunch and sailed through the second and third ones. Next step: persevere. If you're trying to catch a 'mon with a low capture rate, don't give up after 4-5 failed attempts. I refused to use a great ball on Pignite, and I must've beaten it with a 30-40% capture rate at least 10 times, but I eventually caught it. And it felt good.

Moral: Don't delete the game just yet, keep at it and persevere. If you do all this and still don't like it, then by all means delete it. It's a game. It should be fun.

Back