Secondary Typings

So I just realized that if I were to show off the cards I've done (Butterfree, Ledyba, Ledian, and soon to be Tropius) that these would all be boring to look at. No one wants to see four cards of the same type with similar attacks and powers and identical bottom stats, so what I'm going to do is hold off on revealing them and instead work on some of the other things you guys want to see. That way I can trickle out the birds over time and there will at least be some variety, yeah?

To that end I have updated my OP with a bigger to-do list. Know that the list is just that, and not necessarily the order I'm going to do them in.

sOfUktg.png

I like Butterfree. That's why it's holo.

Hey guys, sorry about the delay. Been busy with work and getting Werewolf started, but here's a couple new cards.

THzcbt0.png
Z9yFrjb.png

It was pretty much my only choice.

Nah. Tcg does stuff like make swampert weak to lightning. No thanks.

ovIs3iY.png
XwCEuk7.png

I haven't forgotten about this thread, I swear. Werewolf and the job is keeping me busy, but I promise they are getting done. I just haven't been posting them immediately after finishing them.

I have very high standards for myself as a faker and so I try to avoid doing secret rares because I don't have 1337 shoop skillz.

Here are the rest of the Colorless birds.

d7x7KXg.png
nYAlQPY.png
uWXdq8H.png

No posts in a week? Let's change that.

qlZTkOJ.png

Yay, dual ability Pokemon! I do think that Rock Guardian should also reduce damage done to Carbink because the rest of the card is implying that Carbink and Diancie are closely related.

Stay tuned for more updates. I ain't forgot about this thread.

I'm on it. This is now a "pmj makes secondary typings for every pokemon" thread

To-do list, which will be replaced with links as soon as they're finished:

1. Psychic Bellsprout
2. Psychic Weepinbell
3. Psychic Victreebel
4. Colorless Hawlucha
5. Fighting Corsola
6. Grass Armaldo
7. Fighting Cradily
8. Fairy Mawile
9. Psychic Delphox
10. Fighting Chesnaught
11. Fighting Emboar
12. Psychic Female Frillish
13. Psychic Female Jellicent
14. Colorless Butterfree
15. Colorless Ledyba
16. Colorless Ledian
17. Colorless Tropius
18. Colorless Mothim
19. Colorless Honchkrow
20. Water Binacle
21. Water Barbaracle
22. Fighting Carbink
23. Fighting Diancie
24. Psychic Inkay
25. Psychic Malamar
26. Psychic Honedge
27. Psychic Doublade
28. Psychic Aegislash
39. Fighting Palpitoad
30. Fighting Seismitoad
31. Metal Genesect

Maybe someday list because I've already done them:

1. Psychic Venusaur
2. Stage 1 Jynx
3. Colorless Crobat
4. Psychic Froslass
What's pureblood of Delphox for? Something similar happened for Entei Aquapolis (Pure Body), and I'm not sure how you can even use that card given its Poké-Body.

It's to balance the attack. The difference is Aquapolis Entei is garbage, whereas Delphox is actually playable. There also exist a multitude of ways to circumvent Pureblood, which I outlined in an earlier post.

It's to balance the attack. The difference is Aquapolis Entei is garbage, whereas Delphox is actually playable. There also exist a multitude of ways to circumvent Pureblood, which I outlined in an earlier post.
Yeah, when I first saw the Entei, I didn't even understand how it would possibly work.

The idea is to attach a different color Energy first, then attach the appropriate color, sacrificing the different-colored one. That's why Entei only needs a single Fire Energy to do his move.

It's a stupid mechanic and more hassle than it's worth, but whatevs.

Back