Ruling Darkrai EX's Dark Cloak and the New Dangerous Energy

Scrafty'sMinion

ゲッコウガ水型であります暗いタイプ
In the new set Ancient Origins there is a new Special energy called Dangerous Energy, Dangerous Energy counts as Dark Energy and can only be attached to Dark type Pokemon, the text states that it also does 2 damage to the Pokemon EX that attacked it. In the M-Tyranitar-EX deck i have i run 2 Dangerous Energy and 2 Darkrai-EX, and i was wondering if Darkrai-EX's Dark Cloak ability can work if a dark Pokemon can have a Dangerous Energy can retreat for free.

We'll need English scans (not translations) if you want us to answer your question. This is to ensure accuracy. Thanks.

Thanks for posting English scans.

Dark Cloak lets any Pokemon that has anything attached to it that provides Darkness Energy retreat for free.

Dangerous Energy provides Darkness Energy when it is attached to a Darkness Pokemon. Therefore, a Pokemon with Dangerous Energy attached to it can retreat for free by way of Darkrai-EX's Dark Cloak.

It works for the same reason Prism Energy, Blend Energy, Rainbow Energy, or Double Dragon Energy work. Dark Cloak doesn't specify "basic Darkness Energy," just [D] which means anything that provides [D] as PMJ mentioned.

It works for the same reason Prism Energy, Blend Energy, Rainbow Energy, or Double Dragon Energy work. Dark Cloak doesn't specify "basic Darkness Energy," just [D] which means anything that provides [D] as PMJ mentioned.
Thanks for posting English scans.

Dark Cloak lets any Pokemon that has anything attached to it that provides Darkness Energy retreat for free.

Dangerous Energy provides Darkness Energy when it is attached to a Darkness Pokemon. Therefore, a Pokemon with Dangerous Energy attached to it can retreat for free by way of Darkrai-EX's Dark Cloak.
ok thank you both for clarifying! :D

Back