• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard XY-On: The Mighty Renegade (Tyrantrum EX / Aegislash EX / Bronzong)

Sandbox

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 17
  • 3 Tyrantrum EX
  • 2 Aegislash EX
  • 2 Giratina EX
  • 2 Hydreigon EX
  • 1 Shaymin EX
  • 3 Bronzor
  • 3 Bronzong
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 32
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 4 Professor Birch's Observation
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Xeroxic
  • 2 Faded Town
  • 1 Shadow Circle
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 3 Trainers Mail
  • 3 Switch
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 1 Battle Compressor
  • 1 Professor's Letter
Energy: 11
  • 7 Metal Energy
  • 4 Double Dragon Energy

Tyrantrum-EX – Dragon – HP 180
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Tyrant Fang
Damage from this Pokemon’s attacks isn’t affected by any effects on your opponent’s Active Pokemon.

[F][M][M][C] Dragon Impact: 190 damage. Discard 3 Energy attached to this Pokemon.

When a Pokemon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Fairy (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 3

Giratina-EX – Dragon – HP170
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Renegade Pulse
If your opponent's Active Pokemon is Mega Evolved prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokemon.
[G] [P] [C] [C] Chaos Wheel: 100 damage. During your opponent's next turn, Pokémon Tool, Special Energy, and Stadium cards cannot be played from his or her hand.

Weakness: Fairy (x2)
Resistance: none

Aegislash-EX Metal – HP170
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Mighty Shield
Prevent all damage done to this Pokemon by attacks from your opponent’s Pokemon that have any Special Energy attached to them.

[C][C][C] Slash Blast: 40+ damage. Does 20 more damage for each [M] Energy attached to this Pokemon.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)

Bronzong – Metal – HP90
Stage 1 – Evolves from Bronzor

Ability: Metal Links
Once during your turn, you may choose 1 Metal Energy from your discard pile and attach it to 1 of your Benched Pokemon.

[M][M][C] Hammer In: 60 damage.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)

Strategy:

The deck is designed for Tyrantrum to be the sword with Aegislash and Giratina being the shield. Bronzong is there to power up any 1 of the three pokes, with his Metal Links ability. That being said, I will also have to apply the double dragon energy to either Tyrantrum or Giratina. That's right Giratina can attack, and will be helpful if I need him against say a Mega Rayquaza deck, because Tyrantrum cannot one shot him even with a muscle band. Giratina's attack can also make sure that the opponent cannot power up there pokemon with any special energy nor can they play a tool card. Aegislash is in there as well to block against any opponents DCE should they power up something that is not mega and Tyrantrum cannot retaliate that turn.

I have a shaymin due to the rare case where i dont have a supporter, but I might have an ultraball. I don't particularly want to play shaymin nor any of my "shield" cards, that wont be needed for the match, in case of a lysandre.

This deck will be slow and because of the amount of energy required and the fact that I will need Bronzong to power up my pokemon. It will also be annoying due to Tyrantrum discarding a DDE(Double Dragon Energy), and that he has a 3 retreat cost. Yes, Enhanced Hammer will hinder the progress of Tyrantrum or Giratina, but not Aegislash. I also only run 3 switch, maybe I should run more or an escape rope. Please let me know your thoughts.

Last edited:
To help with your switching and retreat problem I would advise using Hydragon ex to reduce the retreat cost by 2 on your dragons. 1 or 2 of these added in should help you when you don't have switch this could replace one of the Xerosic as you run Vs seeker . I also will add that Colress isn't x and y on. other wise this deck looks solid.

I like the idea i had also looked at how i could use tyrantrum because its a really good card I also think you should add 2 hyrdagon ex and then take out you 2 colress. I also think that you only should run 2 DDE if you want to attack with giratina ex. tyrantrum ex would just discard them and then would it be hard to set up other pokemon than tryantrum ex or one more with only 8 energy back where some could be prized. So add to more metal energy

@Hornleach1 That is an awesome idea, and I think i will take out 1 Xeroxic and Muscle band for 2 Hydreigon. That will definitely help the switching problem. I am just going to need stadiums now, do you have any particular stadium in mind?

P.S. I don't know why I had Colress in there, it wasn't even in my original Decklist. Thank you for catching that. :D

@suk123 Why only 2 DDE? I would think I would need all four because of the Fighting energy for Tyrantrum and the Psychic & Grass energy for Giratina. Yeah I would need to discard, but if its just a regular EX, Tyrantrum can KO any of them. So in total 3 EX = 6 prize cards with only 3 DDE used.

You don't exactly need to run a stadium yourself for Hydreigon-EX, because it is extremely rare a deck doesn't have one, but you would be at the mercy of your opponent early game and they would have complete control over the stadium game. Silent Lab in particular could cause a lot of problems. Running Color Faded Stadium can help knock opponents Mega Pokemon into OHKO range for Tyrantrum-EX.

I also really like Pokemon Fan Club in Bronzong Decks, especially when running Shaymin-EX.

@Hornleach1 That is an awesome idea, and I think i will take out 1 Xeroxic and Muscle band for 2 Hydreigon. That will definitely help the switching problem. I am just going to need stadiums now, do you have any particular stadium in mind?

P.S. I don't know why I had Colress in there, it wasn't even in my original Decklist. Thank you for catching that. :D

@suk123 Why only 2 DDE? I would think I would need all four because of the Fighting energy for Tyrantrum and the Psychic & Grass energy for Giratina. Yeah I would need to discard, but if its just a regular EX, Tyrantrum can KO any of them. So in total 3 EX = 6 prize cards with only 3 DDE used.
I would go 2 colour drained city and a shadow circle (with help from double dragon energy) to help with mega and fairy matchups.

@Pinecone I love the idea of Color Faded Stadium (Faded Town) that I will put a couple in :D Maybe I should put in a Fan club, any suggestion on what to take out?

@Hornleach1 I went ahead and put in both, dropping the AZ, a metal energy, and a Battle Compressor. Do you (or anyone else) think that is a proper drop? I wasn't sure what could be dropped honestly since in my own metal deck, I only run 1 Battle Compressor and a Proffessor's letter to ditch the energy and to use them for ultra ball ditch.

@Pinecone I love the idea of Color Faded Stadium (Faded Town) that I will put a couple in :D Maybe I should put in a Fan club, any suggestion on what to take out?

@Hornleach1 I went ahead and put in both, dropping the AZ, a metal energy, and a Battle Compressor. Do you (or anyone else) think that is a proper drop? I wasn't sure what could be dropped honestly since in my own metal deck, I only run 1 Battle Compressor and a Proffessor's letter to ditch the energy and to use them for ultra ball ditch.
Looks good to me. when running any metal deck I feel one Battle Compressor is good as you can only go so far with the metal energy in your discard. The only problem I could see is if more than one metal energy is prized. I would advise dropping an Ultra ball instead of the energy as I feel that with this draw engine you would get the Pokémon you need and energy in discard very easily.

Yeah you are right I don't saw the energy prob with tyrantrum :)

The list is looking pretty tight, so it's tough to say what could be replaced. It looks at this points it's a matter of match-ups and finding cards that might not carry their weight. I don't want to say drop a Birch or Xerosic because they are both good. Maybe you don't need 2 Giratina-EX? It's too much of a preference at this moment, but I would definitely try PFC out.

One thing I noticed is that Hydreigon-EX only reduces the retreat cost of Dragon-types by 2 and all the Dragon-types in this deck have a retreat of 3. This means if you want to use switch to get Tyrantrum-EX on the bench for Metal Links, you will need to energy to discard which would make 4 discarded energy in one turn. Druddigon FLF could be a nice floater who would also be a non-ex attacker to help force a 7-prize game from opponent.

The list is looking pretty tight, so it's tough to say what could be replaced. It looks at this points it's a matter of match-ups and finding cards that might not carry their weight. I don't want to say drop a Birch or Xerosic because they are both good. Maybe you don't need 2 Giratina-EX? It's too much of a preference at this moment, but I would definitely try PFC out.

One thing I noticed is that Hydreigon-EX only reduces the retreat cost of Dragon-types by 2 and all the Dragon-types in this deck have a retreat of 3. This means if you want to use switch to get Tyrantrum-EX on the bench for Metal Links, you will need to energy to discard which would make 4 discarded energy in one turn. Druddigon FLF could be a nice floater who would also be a non-ex attacker to help force a 7-prize game from opponent.
Hydreigon's Ability stacks so 2 in play means free retreat for your Dragons.

That's true, so on second thought the deck should run more Hydreigon-EX to avoid prizing. If 2 Hydreigon-EX on the bench is going to be needed I would run a 3rd and drop Giratina-EX altogether. Then there is room for another card, like PFC, Shauna, Druddigon, Megaphone, etc.

I say you don't need Giratina-EX because Aegislash-EX already deals with special energy and Faded Town can help Tyrantrum-EX deal with Megas. The Stadium/Tool/Sp.Energy lock is nice, but feels a bit random, requires DDE, and might be a dead card in certain matchups.

Sorry I haven't replied within the last couple of days, I was busy with some work, but thank you for your comments, I really do appreciate it all. :D

@Hornleach1 Okay so now that i really consider it, I am considering going down to 2x Tyrantrum, because I can always power up an Aegislash. That way I keep my energy, keep my ultra ball and I dont have an extra Tyrantrum that I dont want nor need in the very beginning.

@suk123 Yeah its unfortunate somewhat :/

@asdjklghty Ty for catching that :D

@Pinecone The reason I want to keep Giratina in is, because of the rampant Megas that will be running around. It's weak, but it does allow me to switch the "Shield" I will be using against certain decks. I'm also considering taking out the Shadow circle, because of the fact that Aegislash takes care of the Fairy weakness that will be rampant on my team. The other arguement is that if I face a mega Rayquaza deck, they will just run reg rayquaza, and to that i can just pull out a tyrantrum, or lysandre out a mega rayquaza. So like I said to Hornleach, I will probably dropping one Tyrantrum, so they don't clog the deck, and because I can survive on just an Aegislash.

Now about the 3rd Hydreigon, that is definitely appealing, but that does take up a spot that something with more utility could be used for. I am fine with getting rid of four energy in 1 turn mostly because it wont be anything to slap a dde, and 2 energy due to metal links.

Back