Pokemon What Kind of a Gym Leader Would You Be?

Bob Ishtar

Bob
RE: Describe what kind of a Gym Leader would you be

I would like to be a gym leader who does double battles. I would specialize in Fighting type Pokemon, but the Pokemon would also have a second type as well. The trainer battles before the battle with the gym leader, you will have two options, either battle two trainers together in a double battle, each having two Pokemon, or one trainer with four Pokemon, still a double battle but fighting solo instead with someone.

Toxicroak
Lv: 45
- Poison Jab
- Mud Bomb
- Sucker Punch
- Focus Blast

Breloom
Lv: 45
- Dynamic Punch
- Seed bomb
- Sky Uppercut
- Force Palm

Gallade
Lv: 46
-Focus Blast
-Psycho Cut
-Night Slash
-Slash

Lucario
Lv: 48
-Dragon Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Close Combat
- Focus Blast

Tm: Focus Blast

Seismitoad537

Pokemon Master
Gym Leader Type: Water/Ground
Location: It would be on a stormy mountain top that is on an island that is raining.
Pokémon: Dewgong, Quagsire, Swampert, Seismitoad
Strategy: Use berries to lower effects of grass-type moves. Have moves like Bounce and Ice Beam to defeat them.
Gym Specs: The players will have to go through the mountain with hardly any sight (unless they use flash). Once they reach the top, they will have to go over a series of waterfalls. After using waterfall each time, they will have to battle a trainer (one has water Pokémon, one has ground, and one has ice). Each will give them a key, which then opens a secret passage that leads to the mountain top where I await. Every once in a while, while battling me, there will be a small earthquake. That acts like roar, but switches both mine and there Pokémon to new ones.
TM Awarded: Earthquake

Pineapple X

former local demigod
Hmm, I just got a pretty interesting idea of myself as a gym leader. Even though I did tell my idea when starting the thread. :D

I'd be J, the water-type leader. I have no idea which one my gym would be. It might be like an individual, custom gym.

If you have read my 'Your Ideal Pokemon Town?' thread, you'd know the place I'm talking about. The gym would be located in that place, Risea Village, or well, actually, in a jungle behind it. My gym would be a huge jungle tree maze, that would lead to a waterfall. The only way to reach it would be by letting me see your ways of training your Pokémon, in the jungle. If you'd treat your Pokémon as friends and take care of them, I'd accept you as a challenger for my gym.

In the gym, the trainer would have to climb a huge tree by using vines, and then jumping down to a waterfall and surf down using a Pokémon. There would be a small pond, covered with lilypads and sometimes Lotads would attack the trainer.

My team would consist of these:
  • Shiny Lotad, Level 35 (Rain Dance, Protect, Toxic, Fake Out)
  • Mudkip, Level 32 (Rain Dance, Protect, Mud Shot, Hydro Cannon)
  • Croconaw, Level 36 (Rain Dance, Protect, Ice Fang, Hydro Cannon)
And well, you'd definitely get Rain Dance as a TM. :D

professorlight

Ice Queen
Name: Professor Light

070.gif

My gym would be a pokemon professor's laboratory located in floe island of the sevii islands (or a similar place). It'd be the third or fourth gym in the game, the player being forced to go there in an errand for the region's professor.
The puzzle woud be like blaine's gym, but just 1 trainer (my assistant) asking the player questions about types/stats/effects/pokemon; if the player fails a question, battle, and next question.
My team wouldn't have a type or theme per se but would be oriented to challenge the trainer's knowledge and instincts in a deeper level than just "hurr durr I just use the type advantage", making the trainer unconsciously recognize stuff like STAB, how stats affect moves, etc.

648.gif
648-pirouette.gif

Meloetta Lv. 25
normal/psychic/fighting
Serene grace
-Low sweep
-Confusion
-Teeter dance
-Relic song
She would be a pokemon in training (that's why the low level, that and balance), to teach about sudden stat/form changes in the middle of battle.

429.gif

Mismagius Lv. 31
ghost/fairy (fingers crossed!)
Levitate
-Pain split
-Embargo
-Hex
-Confuse ray
This moveset is to teach about alternate strategies, continuously attacking wouldn't work because of pain split and untreatable confusion which would leave the pokemon always vulnerable to be taken out by hex, so the player has to find a workaround.

471.gif

Glaceon Lv. 31
ice
Snow cloak
-Frost breath
-Aqua tail
-Barrier
-Hail
She would teach about critical hits and weather damage, add to that snow cloak and barrier and glaceon teaches pure frustration.

282.gif

Gardevoir Lv. 33
psychic/fairy
Trace
-Psychic
-Double team
-Calm mind
-Psyshock
She would teach about stats, mainly the importance of evasion/accuracy and how stats are not everything (let's see the noob's face when a golem is taken out by psychic and chansey utterly falls to psyshock).

Things I'd say:
before the battle
-Hmmm, If *professor name here* chose you, must have been for a reason... Let's see.-
first hit
-Forget what you've learned... follow your instincts... and your pokemon's.-
last pokemon
-Let's go *pokemon name here*! Time for the final lesson!-
last pokemon's HP in red
-hmmm... What to do now...-
win
-Throwing your pokemon at mine won't be of any use. think before you act.-
lose
-Very well, you won. let's hope you and your team learned something new here. Professor *professor name here* would be proud of you. This is a gift from me. Calm mind will help your pokemon stay focused even in the harshest situations. You should learn from it too, and never lose your edge.-

TM: Calm mind
Badge: Light Badge

Last edited:

Ghost King

I am the Ruler of all Ghost Pokemon.
I would a ghost type gym leader, 8th in the region. My gym would be a ghost dynasty where I would be a spirit of a emperor, the trainers are spirits of priests, the gym would be a Chinese palace....where the puzzle are illusions, you must find where the stairs are and the spirit trainers will give you a hint on where to go, I'll be at the top, if you go the wrong way the floor might disappear and you fall and start back at the beginning of the floor.(kinda like legends of Zelda ocarina of time, the shadow temple)
My Pokemon:

[sprite]426[/sprite] LV. 52
• will-o-wisp
•shadow ball
•stock pile
•swallow

[sprite]94[/sprite] LV.54
•hypnosis
•shadow ball
•dream eater
•focus blast

[sprite]593[/sprite] LV. 58
•shadow ball
•recover
•scald
•acid armor

[sprite]478[/sprite] LV.55
•shadow ball
•double team
•hail
•blizzard

[sprite]563[/sprite] LV.54
•shadow ball
•calm mind
•memento
•iron defense

[sprite]429[/sprite] LV.54
•magical leaf
•shadow ball
•nasty plot
•pain split

Things I'd say:
before the battle
-you have awoken with your high power, let see if you can beat the dead
First hit
-I see history will teach you what you need to know....
Final Pokemon
-I see that battle just only started be prepared it history is doomed to repeat itself...
last pokemon's HP in red
-The pokemon in a corner is a dangerous one, I see the light.....
win
-You are no match to me till you learn from history....
lose
-Its time for me to move on.... They are calling me......Good luck with your journey.....we will meet again.....beware!!!!

TM: shadow ball
Badge: Deceased badge

jdivinity

Still a dorky art student
I see myself becoming a Water-type gym leader. Likely the third or fourth gym leader in the region. I would love a gym in a location similar to the Marine Tunnel (Can't recall the name and too lazy to look it up) in BW2.

My team would likely consist of:
  • Frillish
  • Skrelp
  • Carvanha
  • Poliwhirl

Scuba Steve

Aspiring Trainer
I'd easily be a water type gym leader, and eighth like Wallace, Juan and Marlon, only I'd do a better job with my team (No stupid Luvsic, Seaking, Wailord, and the like)

As for a puzzle, I'd have the gym be a large circular room with fancy flooring. The room would be many floor tiles on a whirlpool. Some flooring will be built into the wall, and others, from a 3x3 tile platform to bridges will float atop the whirlpool. The objective would be simple, though complex. Travel around the gym using the platforms and bridges to reach switches which will cause the whirlpool to rotate clockwise and counter-clockwise a certain degree while dragging the bridges and platforms along, redesigning the layout of the gym in the process. Using that, you'd have to navigate your way to me. My gym would have Ace Trainers in it only.

I'd be a cool gym leader. Sort of like Marlon if he used the laws of grammar when he spoke.

My team during the first match

Tentacruel - level 50
- Scald
- Hex
- Toxic Spikes
- Rain Dance

Jellicent - level 50
- Scald
- Hex
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Starmie - level 50
- Scald
- Thunder
- Confuse Ray
- Recover

Ludicolo - level 52 @ Sitrus Berry
- Scald
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Rain Dance

I'd give, like Marlon, the TM for Scald. I'd also hand over the Ripple Badge which will be a circle with a rippling pond design

My rematch team -

Tentacruel - level 67 @ Black Sludge (Clear Body)
- Scald
- Hex
- Venoshock
- Toxic

Jellicent - level 67 @ Damp Rock (Cursed Body)
- Scald
- Shadow Ball
- Rain Dance
- Recover

Starmie - level 67 (Natural Cure)
- Scald
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Milotic - level 67
- Scald
- Mirror Coat
- Toxic
- Recover

Quagsire - level 67
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Recover

Ludicolo - level 69 @ Leftovers (Rain Dish)
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam

I love making these. I'd make one for all 17 types in all 8 gym spots ( Yes, I would make 136 of these )

PsychedelicBreakfast

We can live beside the ocean leave the fire behind
I'd use my favorite Pokemon, as opposed to using a specific type. I'd be the 7th or 8th gym leader, with the Enigma Badge. There would be invisible booby traps on the floor which would trigger trainer battles when stepped on. There would be 5 trainers in my gym, all of whom would have different Pokemon of different types. It's possible to reach me without triggering any traps.

First Round:

Umbreon lv. 43
- Toxic
- Protect
- Charm
- Confuse Ray

Ampharos lv. 45
- Volt Switch
- Discharge
- Focus Blast
- Reflect

Blastoise lv. 48
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Rematch:

Shiftry lv. 46
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Dark Pulse
- Embargo

Gliscor lv. 46
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Protect

Eelektross lv. 48
- Coil
- Dragon Tail
- Wild Charge
- Substitute

Houndoom lv. 50
- Fire Blast
- Sucker Punch
- Crunch
- Hidden Power Grass

Blastoise lv. 52
- Scald
- Blizzard
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake

Lucario lv. 54
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Crunch

Proceeded

Ampha-bulos!
Hm, If I had a Gym it would be a Poison type Gym. I haven't decided what the layout of my Gym would be, so here's just my team.

Name: Weezing
Level: 51
Ability: Levitate
Item: Quick Claw
Moves: Sludge Bomb, Smokescreen, Toxic, Shadow Ball

Name: Crobat
Level: 51
Ability: Inner Focus
Item: Nothing
Moves: Acrobatics, Double Team, U-Turn, X-Scissor

Name: Toxicroak (My Ace)
Level: 55
Ability: Anticipation
Item: Black Sludge
Moves: Revenge, Poison Jab, Bulk Up, Earthquake

Name: Tentacruel
Level: 53
Ability: Clear Body
Item: Mystic Water
Moves: Hydro Pump, Sludge Wave, Scald, Hyper Beam

Name: Muk
Level: 53
Ability: Stench
Moves: Toxic, Rain Dance, Thunder, Shadow Ball

Name: Garbodor
Level: 52
Ability: Aftermath
Moves: Hidden Power, Thunderbolt, Sludge Bomb, Explosion

LaziAnthony

Actor
I would be 8th gym probably, and the first ever dark type gym leader

Pokémon: Zoroark, Umbreon, Malamar, and mega houndoom

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
I would like to be a gym leader that is mystical, yet helpful. Someone that is in your memory even long after the battle is finished.
I'd use Grass with a.... suprise Pokemon at the end.

The layout of my gym would be several floors, with large flowers and vines for the trainer to climb on, and in the center would be a large tree that you can enter. On each branch [7 in total] , there is a door and a trainer on the other side to battle. On 3 of the 10 flowers, there are trainers, and on one of the other ones, there is the Gracidea. On yet another, there is a Petal. That Petal is used as a key. At the top of the tree, you can place the petal in an indent to enter the top of the tree, where I am. The vines lead up the tree to a branch.This would be the sixth gym. Defeating me gets you the TM for Giga Drain and the Life Badge.

My team:

Leafeon
Level: 37
Ability: Leaf Guard
Item: Sitrus Berry
Moves: Sunny Day, Synthesis, Giga Drain, Sand Attack

Lilligant
Level: 39
Ability: Chlorophyll
Item: Lansat Berry
Moves: Sunny Day, Petal Dance, Giga Drain, Teeter Dance

Sawsbuck [Winter]
Level: 39
Ability: Chlorophyll
Item: Cheri Berry
Moves:Sunny Day, Horn Leech, Jump Kick, Charm

Sceptile
Level; 40
Ability: Overgrow [Lightning Rod]
Item: Sceptileite
Moves: Dual Chop, Rock Tomb, Leaf Blade, Night Slash

Pichu
Level: 42
Ability: Static
Item: Focus Sash
Moves: Fake Out, Thunder Punch, Encore, Thunder Wave

Lines:

Before battle:
"Oh? Someone has... made it up here? That's great! I was beginning to get lonely. Now, tell me. What do you fight for? What do you believe in? Me, I fight for fairness. There is... no reason for people to not treat each other as equals. What do you think? Express that in a battle, please."

After first hit:
"This is... going to be good. We are equal here."

When last Pokemon is called out:
"Pichu, it's time to end this. The field is not equal now. Time to change that!"

When last Pokemon is in red HP:
"Heh... you are a very capable battler. I can't remember the last time someone pushed us this far."

When defeated:
"Wow. That was truly an amazing battle. I am proud to give you this badge."

After battle"
"What a battle. You truly treat your Pokemon as though they are your equals. If only everyone treated their Pokemon as well as you do. you are worthy of this Life Badge."
PLAYER obtained the light badge!
"The life badge lets Pokemon up to level 65 obey you. And take this."
PlAYER obtained the TM[number]
"that TM contains Giga Drain. It recovers your health from your opponent. It's a great way to make the battle equal again. ... You'll go far, PLAYER, you'll go far. Safe Travels."

Yo-yos

DP and hoenn era, when tcg was dope
I would possibly be volkner "I like how your Pokémon respond to your earnest enthusiasm. I'm glad someone who knows how to enjoy Pokémon battles won the tournament."

Omega Soul

I'm feeling dizzy
I'd be fourth, and ghost type like morty.

Team:

Lvl. 21 Duskull
Will-o-Wisp
Hypnosis
Shadow ball
Sucker punch

Always comes out first. Exists to annoy you and pick off weakened pokemon.

Lvl. 22Lampent (life orb)
fire blast
Shadow ball
Energy ball
Protect

Comes out second. Attempts to sweep. Protect lets duskull burns do chip damage.

Lvl. 24Dusclops (chesto berry)
Will-o-Wisp
Rest
Ice beam
Dark pulse

Comes out third, focuses on taking out stuff lampent couldn't before it fainted.

Lvl.24 Trevenant (sitrus berry)
Leech seed
Will o wisp
Horn leech
Protect

Comes out fourth and stalls you out with harvest. Can also resist popular casual attacking types.

Lvl. 26 Dusknoir (kasib berry)
Shadow sneak
Ice punch
Fire punch
Pursuit

Strongest pokemon, sent out last. Let's assume in this game you're advised to catch a ghost pokemon to take on this gym leader. Well, kasib berry let it survive that hit, kill its counter, then clean up whatever's left.

I feel the battle is hard enough so there would be no gym puzzle.

Quotes:
When spoken to:
Ah, you've arrived. My friend professor (something) told me about you. PLAYER, wasn't it? Well, PLAYER, I have trained here for half my life, and it has become my duty to battle aspiring champions. Are you ready? I warn you - many have not been able to defeat me. That's why you could have chosen to fight in the water - types gym next to here. Well, let us battle.

First hit:
Not dissapointing me. Well done.

During battle:
I haven't even gotten started.

Last pokemon:
I somehow knew you'd make it this far.

Victory: ... I should have known you would have won, too. Player, you are truly worthy of the mist badge.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Oh, this is an interesting thread. I do think I'd have to use Hydreigon as my final Pokémon, and the Dragon-type feels very overdone to me, so let's go with a Dark-type Leader.

Spr_BW_Grimsley.png

Gym Leader Jabber
TM12: Taunt
Nightfall Badge
8th Leader

Shadowveil Gym
Puzzle:
Walk through the front doors into a haunted house. You get a second's view of your surroundings before the lights flicker off.
You will have received Flash at some point before the Gym, so you can use it now. It does not illuminate everything, but rather 1 tile to each side.
There are warp panels in the Gym that will warp you back to the entrance, so you have to be careful where you step.
The back of the house has a final warp panel in it, marked by a different color, which will warp you, instead of to the entrance, to the Gym Leader. The battle then commences:

zoroark.gif

Zoroark – Lv. 49
Item: None
–Night Daze
–Hone Claws
–Aerial Ace
–Taunt

Sent out first, meant to teach about Abilities. That, and to never trust a Zoroark.

shiftry.gif

Shiftry – Lv. 49
–Nasty Plot
–Leaf Storm
–Dark Pulse
–Taunt

Teaches about setting up to sweep.

absol.gif

Absol – Lv. 49
Item: None (Absolite if Gym Leaders ever start using Megas in battle)
–Sucker Punch
–Megahorn
–Perish Song
–Taunt

If the AI ever decides to go with it, Taunt/Sucker Punch could make for a combo, but that's rather unlikely. Megahorn is here because I bred an Absol with Megahorn in BW, and I've grown rather attached to it since then.

hydreigon.gif

Hydreigon – Lv. 51
Item: White Herb
–Draco Meteor
–Dark Pulse
–Roar
–Taunt

Teaches about type-effectiveness and the need for a Fairy-type, since probably nothing else will stand up to two consecutive Draco Meteors.

CF1994

Aspiring Trainer
I like Psychic Types a lot, so I shall be a Psychic Gym Leader.

Type of Gym Puzzle: A maze full of warp pads, spin mats, and some Trainers whose Pokémon know crafty tricks and tactics in battle.

Name: Forteller

Personality: A smart and anticipative guy who occasionally experiences visions of the future that mostly come true. He is secretly scared of his own psychic abilities, but since he is gifted, he chose to be a Psychic Gym Leader to share his love of the Psychic Type.

Pokémon of my choice:

Malamar, Lv. 48
Night Slash
Psycho Cut
Superpower
Hypnosis

Bronzong, Lv. 48 (With Sitrus Berry)
Calm Mind
Flash Cannon
Psyshock
Hypnosis

Gallade, Lv. 49
Psycho Cut
Drain Punch
Hypnosis
Earthquake

Espeon, Lv. 47
Psyshock
Calm Mind
Dazzling Gleam
Shadow Ball

Alakazam, Lv. 50 (With Focus Sash)
Psyshock
Energy Ball
Focus Blast
Dazzling Gleam

Rematch Team:

Starmie. Lv. 63
Hydro Pump
Psyshock
Ice Beam
Thunder

Malamar, Lv. 63
Night Slash
Psycho Cut
Superpower
Knock Off

Metagross, Lv. 64 (With Life Orb)
Meteor Mash
Zen Headbutt
Earthquake
Agility

Gallade, Lv. 64
Zen Headbutt
Close Combat
Fire Punch
Leaf Blade

Espeon, Lv. 62 (With Focus Sash.)
Psyshock
Dazzling Gleam
Shadow Ball
Calm Mind

Alakazam, Lv. 65 (With Mega Stone.)
Psyshock
Focus Blast
Shadow Ball
Dazzling Gleam

HarZard

Aspiring Trainer
This is a good question, never really thought about it...I'll have to give my exact line up a lot of thought but I'd probably decide on being fire.

bbb888

Same user name as my Pokémon YouTube channel
Regardless of the type, if I was a gym leader, I would focus my strategy on covering weaknesses. In Pokemon Crystal, Blaine's Magmar knows Thunder Punch (to cover its water weakness), so I would be a crafty leader like Blaine. My gym layout would consist of mazes.
Type: unknown
Pokemon: unknown
Character quotes:
First attack: "Come at me, bro!"
Last Pokemon: "This is it - There's no holding back now!"
Win: "Yay! I won! Perhaps you should bond closer to your Pokemon. Feel free to rematch me anytime!"
Loss: "Wow! You are truly amazing! A remarkable performance. You've earned this badge as proof of your victory."

Team Rocket Fan

Team Rocket Lover and Humble Katy Cat!
This region's 6th gym is poison type. The gym is full of doors. You ender the wrong door, you fall in acid MUAHAHAHAHAHA (Just kidding it's green sticky pudding but they won't know until they taste it) !You enter the right one, you battle one of my students. Some common pokemon they'll be using are Arbok, Muk, Dustox, Ivysaur, Nidorina, Victreebel, Weezing, Quilfish, Venomoth, Whirlepede, Haunter, Ariados and Roserade. As for my gym leader, he is really sensitive and goodhearted, but won't show it during either battles or conversations. He only wants to prove he is afraid of no one and anything because he knows his pokemon will protect him from everything. he believes he makes them happy this way. If you don't get to know this gym leader well, then you won't like him at all.

Pre Battle: Look at you! You're just another foolish child coming here to battle for winning! I see it in your eyes! Not to bond with your pokemon! You all 10 year olds should be ashamed of yourselves! Let's get this over with!

336.gif

Seviper
Ability: Shed Skin
Level: 30
- Glare
- Screech
- Poison Tail
- Night Slash

Seviper is known to be vicious and will stop at nothing to tear his opponents up Glaring and Slashing them with his venomous tail while frozen in fear.

1st hit: We won't take this!
2nd hit: That's enough for one day! POISON TAIL!
KO: My team will revenge you for this!

073.gif

Tentacruel
Ability: Clear Body
Level: 33
- Water Pulse
- Poison Jab
- Acid Spray
- Wring Out

Known for its powerful Water Pulse it poisons its victims only to constrict them forcing them to faint.

1st hit: Constrict that thing harder my dear!
2nd: You know how much I hate you right now? That's right, a LOT!
KO: How dare you!

435.gif

Skuntank
Ability: Strench
Level: 36
- Smokescreen
- Slash
- Flamethrower
- Toxic

This Skuntank is amazingly friendly but only outside of the battlefield. Inside, it lunches smoke, poison and flames through its mouth. It's Slash attack is known to be one of the strongest attacks in the region.

1st hit: Ooooh! Look at my cute furball, you can't hit something like that! eer, I MEAN, Skuntank, crush this trainer!
2nd hit: If you won't to play dirty then Skuntank will play stincky!
KO: Have you no shame!?

591.gif

Amoonguss
Ability: Effect Spore
Level: 37
- Growth
- Toxic
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis

Often, misunderstood looking like a pokeball from above, Amoonguss is really sensitive. However, he won't let this make him weak as he drains the heath of its victims while growing and becoming stronger.

1st hit: Unleash your true power and hit that thing back, buddy, you can do it!
2nd hit: You can't just hurt my pokemon! I'm gonna show you!
KO: NO WAY! Oh, I have more friends for you!

169.gif

Crobat
Ability: Inner Focus
Level: 40
- Cross Poison
- Acrobatics
- Confuse Ray
- Bite

Crobat was grown by a Zubat to become one of this gym leader's strongest pokemon. His flying type gives him a complete advantage over most opponents while biting and slashing them at high speed after the confusion takes effect.

1st hit: Enjoy this hit! Cause it will be the last you're landing today!
2nd hit: That's it! I'm taking you down right this instant!
KO: Crobat! You did great! Thank you! Have some rest! As for you, you just made me want to unleash the true power of my team!

015.gif

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
Level: 45
- Pin Missile
- Poison Jab
- Focus Energy
- Fell Stinger

Beedrill was believed to be nothing but snother squashed bug. However, her trainer believed in her. She becomes the most threatening opponent after it mega evolves. She and the gym leader had to go through many things in order to achieve mega evolvution. They made it. Beedrill, uses its drilling hands and her stinger to battle oponents. Focusing and bonding during the batlle and then attacking at high speed in the air with poison and spike-shaped beams is why winning against that bug impossible for a trainer not bonded with their pokemon enough.

1st hit: Don't worry, I believe in you! I'm right here!
2nd hit: If it wasn't for those poor pokemon of yours I would have ended this battle right now! But cruelty is NOT my thing.
KO: YOU SNEAKY LITTLE BRAT! Come back my dear Beedrill.

After Battle:
Win: I would certainly say I'm sorry but I won't! Now take your friends to the pokemon center right away! Make sure you don't come back here unless you show me some REAL BONDING!
Lose: How come? It seems the eyes aren't enough to read a soul of a trainer. I'm sorry for before. However, you should never stop bonding with your pokemon. Oh, right. Here's the Venom Badge. And this is a gift from me. Don't flatter yourself! I give those TMs away to everyone who beats me! But since I'm the best battler around this place I dn't get the cance to make gifts often. I just want you not to think you're something special to me! Now get OUT OF MY SIGHT! Your win got into my nerves!

Last edited:

qrorohill

formerly known as TFP
*Uses revive on thread*

My gym would definitely feature Flying types. You might know why! :p

Inside my gym, you'll have to make your way through a mountain with fans disrupting you. You can use levers to turn the fans off, but you need to defeat trainer(s) to do so. At the end of the mountain, you'll find me on a cloud.

042.gif

Gym Leader: Laura
TM40 / Aerial Ace
Flight Badge
4th Leader​

So uh, yeah. That's me. Onto the Pokémon!

doduo-female.gif

Pokémon: Doduo
Level: 28
Ability: Tangled Feet
Attacks:
- Quick Attack
- Return
- Double Team
- Aerial Ace

delibird.gif

Pokémon: Delibird
Level: 29
Ability: Insomnia
Attacks:
-Fake Out
-Icy Wind
-Swagger
-Toxic

unfezant.gif

Pokémon: Unfezant
Level: 33
Ability: Super Luck
Attacks:
- Feather Dance
- Aerial Ace
- Hypnosis
- Facade

Some Quotes

When spoken to:
"I see you've made it! It was tough getting here wasn't it? Just so you know, I have to walk that everyday. I do everything for new clothes, maybe you should do the same. Just kidding, I don't have to walk. I can fly on my Unfezant! Why don't we start our battle? Good luck to you!"

When it's her Last Pokémon:
"You are just getting lucky. This Pokémon is a lot tougher to beat! Unfezant, show him/her who's more stylish!"

When she has won:
"Ha, I told you that you didn't were stylish enough. Come back when you changed your style."

When she has lost:
"I should have focused on training my Pokémon instead of finding the best clothes.. Thank you for this battle. Here is your reward for winning!" *gives the PLAYER the 'Flight Badge'*

This was a lot of fun to do! I'm hoping this thread will be more active.

EDIT: I'm adding my rematch team!

dodrio-female.gif

Pokémon: Dodrio
Level: 54
Ability: Tangled Feet
Attacks:
- Drill Peck
- Double Team
- Roost
- Return

mothim.gif

Pokémon: Mothim
Level: 55
Ability: Tinted Lens
Attacks:
- Psychic
- Silver Wind
- Air Slash
- Quiver Dance

togekiss.gif

Pokémon: Togekiss
Level: 58
Ability: Serene Grace
Attacks:
- Extreme Speed
- Aura Sphere
- Air Slash
- Nasty Plot

unfezant.gif

Pokémon: Unfezant
Level: 60
Ability: Super Luck
Attacks:
- Hypnosis
- Feather Dance
- Aerial Ace
- Facade

altaria-mega.gif

Pokémon: Mega Altaria
Level: 61
Ability: Cloud Nine
Attacks:
- Moonblast
- Dragon Pulse
- Cotton Guard
- Roost

articuno.gif

Pokémon: Articuno
Level: 65
Ability: Snow Cloak
Attacks:
- Ice Beam
- Hurricane
- Reflect
- Hail

- Yes, I now own a stylish legendary bird.
- I know Mega Altaria technically isn't a flying type, but who cares

Last edited:

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
I'd be a Fairy-type Gym Leader with Whimsicott as my ace, and Mega Audino as sneaky attack play. :p The Gym would be a flowery kind of place (not to be confused with a Grass-type Gym though!) with the Trainers using a mix of Fairy-type Pokemon.

sylveon.gif

Sylveon (Male) Level: 42
Ability: Cute Charm

Moves:
Calm Mind
Toxic
Dazzling Gleam
Reflect​

azumarill.gif

Azumarill (Male) Level: 42
Ability: Huge Power

Moves:
Aqua Jet
Superpower
Play Rough
Belly Drum​

whimsicott.gif

Whimsicott (Male) Level: 44
Ability: Prankster

Moves:
Leech Seed
Stun Spore
Moonblast
Substitute​

audino-mega.gif

Audino (Male) Level: 46
Ability: Healer
Item: Audinite

Moves:
Calm Mind
Dazzling Gleam
Hidden Power (Ground)
Wish​

When Spoken To: "Fairy-type Pokemon have this mysterious aura to them. They may appear cute and playful on the outside; but are not to be underestimated. My Fairies hope to get to go all out against you, so let's see what you've got!"
After First Hit: "Fairy-type Pokemon have the resiliency to take hits and dish them right back!"
Leader Victorious: "I hope you learned a thing or two about how powerful Fairy-types can be."
Leader Defeated: "My Fairy-types gave it their all and still lost?! It's a shame; but you've beaten me fair and square!"

Badge Given: Pixie Badge
TM Given: Dazzling Gleam