Article When and When Not to Make a Risky Play

Nice article, you did a great job explaining everything. Just curious, did you get the fighting energy for Land's Judgement?

Nice article, you did a great job explaining everything. Just curious, did you get the fighting energy for Land's Judgement?
Thanks for reading the article and I am glad you liked it. Also I actually whiffed the energy so the match ended in a tie.

This is an important concept for younger and beginner players to learn. I would also suggest that risky plays can be thought of in terms of when to conserve resources and when to let them go. I was recently playing with my daughter (a senior) who plays Delphox XY in her fire deck to give her more draw consistency. She opened with both copies of the card in her hand with a Professor Sycamore going second against my board that was well developed. In this case she needed to discard her Delphox and rely on the other draw strategies in her deck. unfortunately she waited a turn hoping to draw into a shuffle/draw supporter and at that time my board condition was overwhelming and she could not recover.

Back