Dumbest But Funniest Moments

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Pokemon's anime obviously has it's...moments...that end up being really weird, dumb, and even funny. Such as this little gem:
264.jpg

I mean just LOOK AT IT! this made me thing: how many moments(mostly mistakes or some kind of animating/writing flaw) like this are there? if anyone has some...Post them here i guess?

I mean just LOOK AT THAT FACE

JoshB

The math didn't work out
The funniest and dumbest thing to me in the anime, is the episode "Beauty and the Beach". For those of you who don't know, this was a banned episode due to some "inappropriate" content. I will not specify, but will go over the episode shortly. Correct me if I am wrong with some parts. :p

The episodes starts off with them swimming on the beach, and Misty comes out with a inflatable ball. They stare at Misty awkwardly because she looks pretty and "girly". Somehow afterwards they suddenly they find themselves on a boat which they "borrowed" because Pikachu was sitting in it. So they start driving too fast, and crash the boat into Team Rocket's submarine, which was below them. This forces them to collide with a dock nearby. Turns out the real owner of the boat and the dock, comes out and gets super mad at them. They are forced to work for him at his restaurant, because it is failing. So they bring out all their Pokemon to help bring customers in, which works!

While their business is thriving, Team Rocket is forced to make money to pay for their own submarine. So they start working at the rival restaurant, which is now losing customers. The rivalry begins, and Team Rocket and Ash start trading blows at each other. This ends up hurting both businesses, forcing both of them to join a bikini contest to pay for their debts. The contest is the main reason why this episode was banned.

So, once again they make it awkward by showing, revealing images during the contest. But the worst part is when Jesse and James come on stage to perform, they end up making a spectacular showing. But to do it, James inflates his own upper-body parts so they appear as huge, right in front of kids! This was a problem because there were some transgender issues at the time in English-speaking countries, therefore making this sensitive. To me this was really funny when I watched it, but kids were probably grossed out all across Japan. Another funny part is, Ash's mom is participating in the contest making things even weirder. Ash's mom ends up winning, plus the shop owner gets his own boat to travel the seas with, which was his dream. This closes the weirdest episode, in Pokemon history

I hope this explains why this episode is so weird, sensitive, and funny. If you are willing to watch it, I hope you do because it is hilarious. But don't say I didn't warn you about the material. :D

Last edited:

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I've seen that episode, it was quite...hilariously surprising, to say the least. XD

You did explain it well too.

Pikachu6319

Scooby
Dumb but funny moment. Ash's battle against Elesa.

He brings one Pokémon (Palpitoad) making a very rookie assumption that one is all he needs (he didn't even do that in his first gym match against Brock way back when) and then loses. He dashes out just to get Snivy and luckily Elesa is nice enough to just say, "Um, I'll ignore that." And at a time here it would make perfect sense to call Ash a little kid and she doesn't even take advantage of it.

Leaf_Ranger

Knight of Nature and Pokémon
This:
Meowth_Sunflora.png
Meowth_Shiftry.png

Meowth_Persian.png
Meowth_Aipom.png

320px-Meowth_Dewott.png
Meowth_Weavile.png

Also this:
the first one being one of my favorites along with Shiftry's and Sunflora's:
Lord_Sir_James_Jamison.png
320px-XY029.png

And this one couldn't miss:
COOOOOOOOOOOOOL! \O/
Team_Rocket_ganguro_girls.png

Leaf_Ranger

Knight of Nature and Pokémon
Pokemon's anime obviously has it's...moments...that end up being really weird, dumb, and even funny. Such as this little gem:
264.jpg

I mean just LOOK AT IT! this made me thing: how many moments(mostly mistakes or some kind of animating/writing flaw) like this are there? if anyone has some...Post them here i guess?
I mean just LOOK AT THAT FACE

I don't know if that's the face of evil, of pain of being a Ground type in the water or just a nod at fat japanese yakuza in hot baths.