'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer
Makes me think that water special is going to be deluge energy or something. Attach to a water pokemon and it doesn't count as an energy for the turn.

Ms Hugo

Aspiring Trainer
Hmmm, on paper this sounds like a massive Camerupt buff, but in that deck you want to spend your attachments on DCEs in order to have a Camerupt waiting on the bench for when yours gets knocked out.

Maybe if you got a free turn, you could drop it on a Magma Camerupt instead and just have a constantly renewing resource.

Green778

It's always darkest before the dawn...
Really good effect :) Now we only need one for water and we're done!

I really like the new "Special energies" they're really fun for the game... If only enhanced hammer didn't ruin them...

Purrloin

It being Special obviously has its downsides, until we get some Trainer card to retrieve Special energy from the discard (I hope we never do), but I can see some Fire decks definitely benefiting from this.

It's at least a lot more useful (and a lot more unique) than Dangerous Energy and Flash Energy. :p

Pinecone

A Pinecone on the Beach
They will make some Fire Pokemon that can utilize this, no doubt. Unlike the other special energy, this is not useful on all Pokemon of it's type. It requires a specific type of attack to be useful.

The speculation we wouldn't be getting this was wrong. A special water to complete the set is extremely likely now (either in this set or the next).

Chris Diller

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
There really is no good fire pokemon to use burn energy on from XY on save maybe Camerupt EX. It must mean that this set will have a few.

It also makes me wonder if Togekiss EX and Emboar EX are going to be in this set as it doesn't look like we are going to get an English version of Emboar EX vs Togekiss EX.If I am reading bulbapedia correct that is a Japanese exclusive.

Last edited:

Rozureido

Aspiring Trainer
I don't understand why we got Rainbow energy instead of a Special Water, if the Special Fire was being printed here. Only thing I can think of is December's set will be heavy on the Water 'mons.

sonicjms

Bench, Call, Ride, Summon, Cast
this could be nice with blaziken, you'd only have to discard 1 energy for 150 on anything

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
I already said earlier in the other news... There's no space in Blue Impact for the special Water energy. My guess is it will either be in the Palkia-EX + Golduck BREAK deck or the next set will have a more popular water mega than Glalie (say Gyarados), and so they will make the Special Water to tie with it...

Hemos

The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
I can forsee me getting some of these to put in my Charizard deck upon release :D