Have a General Forum Question? Includes FAQs! - Updated 22/02/18

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
I'm not getting email notification of private conversations.
Yes I have the box checked requesting them.

Double checked. Unchecked the box. Saved. Checked the box. Saved a second time.
Still no emails.
You should PM @Shining Raikou for things like this :)

DevinTheWelf

A Mach Punch User
Has a thread been created that lets PTCGO users trade their info so that they can battle and/or trade stuff? I've asked a question similar to this in the past, but this was before the website reset. If one has not be made, I would really like to make one. I've been hoping for something like this for awhile now.

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod

Purrloin

The past several articles on the main page have lacked images (such as the card translations). Is this intentional or an error or is it on my end?

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
The images are linked instead of being shown directly on the page. You have to click on the blue links to see the card images. They're all there, just not obvious right on the page like they have been on some past articles.

TheStrictNein

Has tried turning it off and on again
The images are linked instead of being shown directly on the page. You have to click on the blue links to see the card images. They're all there, just not obvious right on the page like they have been on some past articles.

May I ask if it is a performance saving measure or if it's just a new house style?

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
WPM's the only one who can answer that question for sure. Could be for time constraints, or for page load savings, or to make it harder for bots/competitors to find the images... there are a lot of possible reasons for the change, and it could be either temporary or permanent.

Empoleon_master

I can stop watching Anime any time I don't want to
I want to be able to change the picture that people see when they see a thread I made via the topic lists. Ie my trade thread is stuck having a zoomed out picture of the reason I don't ship internationally, as opposed to the cool picture of my misprint FA Mega Sceptile EX I have.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I want to be able to change the picture that people see when they see a thread I made via the topic lists. Ie my trade thread is stuck having a zoomed out picture of the reason I don't ship internationally, as opposed to the cool picture of my misprint FA Mega Sceptile EX I have.

1) First, you must host the image you wish to use as your thread image on a website, such as imgur. Once the image is hosted, you will need to copy the Direct Link to the image; it should end in the filetype's extension (.jpg, .jpg, etc.) and not .html or anything else.

2) In your thread, select "Thread Tools" on the top right corner above the opening post, and in that dropdown menu select the "Edit Thread" option. This will popup a new box with some options that you can change. The option at the bottom is "Thumbnail URL" and you want to paste the direct link of your desired image into that box. Once it's entered and saved, the new option should appear as the thumbnail image next to the thread in the forum listing.

NOTE: Keep in mind that all images shown in this fashion will automatically show the full image, so if you use a large image, it will appear to be very small and zoomed out. If you'd like to show only a specific part of an image or a smaller section, you'll have to crop it yourself before uploading it.

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
Is there a post somewhere that lists all of the various formatting syntax commands/terms one can use? if so, please direct me to it. Many thanks.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
All of the various bbcode that is currently supported on the forums can be found on this page here, which is also linked in the main PokéBeach Rules/Info thread for easy access.

Chaos Jackal

Legend of the Past
I was just awarded a trophy for winning the OU tourney, but it won't show under my avatar. I've checked my trophies preferences and member honors aren't checked to not show. Is there an issue?

I know this goes two months back (and from what I see tournament activities have been dropped for now), but I don't think the problem with those trophies was ever fixed.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Yeah, there's some major problems with the badges still. A fix is in the works, but still in the future.

Empoleon_master

I can stop watching Anime any time I don't want to
1) First, you must host the image you wish to use as your thread image on a website, such as imgur. Once the image is hosted, you will need to copy the Direct Link to the image; it should end in the filetype's extension (.jpg, .jpg, etc.) and not .html or anything else.

2) In your thread, select "Thread Tools" on the top right corner above the opening post, and in that dropdown menu select the "Edit Thread" option. This will popup a new box with some options that you can change. The option at the bottom is "Thumbnail URL" and you want to paste the direct link of your desired image into that box. Once it's entered and saved, the new option should appear as the thumbnail image next to the thread in the forum listing.

NOTE: Keep in mind that all images shown in this fashion will automatically show the full image, so if you use a large image, it will appear to be very small and zoomed out. If you'd like to show only a specific part of an image or a smaller section, you'll have to crop it yourself before uploading it.
I finally got around to doing this but the only option that was in thread options was "edit title". I even tried editing the post with more options and searched it didn't come up.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Can I use .GIFs in my signature? Is there any special rule for them; or do the .GIFs just need to be within signature limits already stated?

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod
Can I use .GIFs in my signature? Is there any special rule for them; or do the .GIFs just need to be within signature limits already stated?

You may use GIFs so long as they fit within the signature limits and rules.

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod
I'm trying to find the signature limits in the forum rules and I just can't seem to find it right now; can I be told what the dimensions are for signature images?

The limit for signatures is 680 x 250 pixels. If you are unsure how large your signature is, right click the image or gif and click properties.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I finally got around to doing this but the only option that was in thread options was "edit title". I even tried editing the post with more options and searched it didn't come up.

There might be some kind of glitch going on. Feel free to PM me with the URL or your image and the URL of the thread you want it to go on and I'll see if I can get it fixed up for you.