Collecting "How Much is This Card Worth?" / "Is This a Good Trade?"

Here's pictures of them, I tried my best with my ipod, this is just on ONE of the two Mega Sceptile EX I have that has this. You can really see the misalignment with the claw toe on the left side of the card of the first image below.

11874090_1607551922858406_1117084043_n.jpg
11880781_1607551936191738_1022477506_n.jpg

Such errors aren't exactly common, but they're definitely not rare either. Uncommon I guess. :p And like most printer errors, texture misalignment is hard to set a price to. It's not a particularly large or flashy misprint (like when cards have a part of another card on them or the back is upside down), so it probably won't affect the value much. Someone who specifically collects misprints might be willing to pay a bit more for it, though you might have difficulties finding such a buyer.

Damn, I was hoping to get a new car, but oh well. Also can you show me other examples of this? I've never heard of them before and was hoping to make some decent money off of ebay via the rare miss print. Also I think my FA hoopa with it has it the worst, its bottom texture goes into the area where a horizontal misscut's texture would be.

I think there have been a few times this has been posted about in either this thread or the misprint/error thread in Gen. TCG (though I don't recall if any photos were posted or not), and I've seen it mentioned elsewhere, too. I don't exactly have any images on hand, though, sorry; you'll have to hunt them down yourself if you want them. You could always try putting it up on Ebay for a higher price and see if you get any takers.

Hello!

I'm planning on selling a part of my collection on eBay (I need money...). I've done a sort of price evaluation myself, but I'd like to get some input from other people as well. I would be insanely grateful if you could help me out on this one!

If you decide to take a look, thank you so much! Really helping out!
Question is: Are these prices fair? Should I lower, or should I increase some of them?

Kyogre Gold Star (Holon Research Tower) 1ST Ed. Japanese (MINT) - 45 USD
Metagross Gold Star (Holon Research Tower) 1ST Ed. Japanese (MINT) - 50 USD
Gyarados Gold Star (Holon Phantom) 1ST Ed. Japanese (MINT) - 50 USD
Latios Gold Star (Clash of the Blue Sky) Japanese (MINT) - 50 USD

White Kyurem EX (Cold Flare) 1ST Ed. Japanese (MINT+) - 15 USD
Celebi EX (Cold Flare) 1ST Ed. Japanese (MINT+) - 15 USD
Computer Search (Cold Flare) 1ST Ed. Japanese (MINT+) - 15 USD
Bianca FA (Cold Flare) 1ST Ed. Japanese (MINT+) - 30 USD

M Blastoise EX (X&Y) (MINT) - 25 USD
M Venusaur EX (X&Y) (MINT) - 15 USD
M Kangaskhan EX (Flashfire) (MINT) - 15 USD

Crystal Charizard (Skyridge) HOLO (Excellent?) - 110 USD

These Skyridge cards came from a box I opened personally, never been out of sleeves, top loaders etc. Very minty.
Crystal Celebi (Skyridge) REVERSE (MINT+) - 70 USD
Raikou (Skyridge) HOLO (MINT+) - 30 USD
Magcargo (Skyridge) HOLO (MINT+) - 15 USD
Houndoom (Skyridge) HOLO (MINT+) - 20 USD
Moltres (Skyridge) HOLO (MINT+) - 30 USD
Jolteon (Skyridge) HOLO (MINT+) - 20 USD
Magneton (Skyridge) HOLO (MINT+) - 20 USD
Machamp (Skyridge) HOLO (MINT+) - 25 USD
Arcanine (Skyridge) HOLO (MINT+) - 30 USD
Crobat (Skyridge) HOLO (MINT+) - 20 USD
Ledian (Skyridge) HOLO (MINT+) - 20 USD
Dewgong (Skyridge) HOLO (MINT+) - 20 USD
Charizard (Skyridge) BOXTOPPER (MINT+) - 25 USD

Bunch of reverse holo rares (MINT+) - 80 USD for all of them
Nearly complete set (MINT+) Missing around 5 cards (excludes holos and crystals) - 130 USD

I also opened these cards personally, never been out of sleeves top loaders.
Ursaring Prime (HG/SS Collection) 1ST Ed. Japanese (MINT+) - 15 USD
Crobat Prime (HG/SS Collection) 1ST Ed. Japanese (MINT+) - 15 USD
Ampharos Prime (HG/SS Collection) 1ST Ed. Japanese (MINT+) - 15 USD
Feraligatr Prime (HG/SS Collection) 1ST Ed. Japanese (MINT+) - 25 USD
Meganium Prime (HG/SS Collection) 1ST Ed. Japanese (MINT+) -15 USD
Lugia Legend Complete (HG/SS Collection) 1ST Ed. Japanese (MINT+) - 35 USD
Ho-Oh Legend Complete (HG/SS Collection) 1ST Ed. Japanese (MINT+) - 35 USD

Charizard Reprint (Stormfront) HOLO (Excellent) - 20 USD

How much are misscuts in general worth? I keep finding misscut cards at my local league, and while they're not HOLY ***** balls that's a misscut (ie it has another card going into it) they're still badly misscut, as in there's little to no part of a top/side of it. Is the QC of the cutting process going down or is it something else?

What would be a reasonable price for a Mew* 101/101 from Dragon Frontiers in NM-M condition? A lot of the prices I find on different websites are overpriced (I think) or for ones with folds, edge wear, etc.

How much are misscuts in general worth? I keep finding misscut cards at my local league, and while they're not HOLY ***** balls that's a misscut (ie it has another card going into it) they're still badly misscut, as in there's little to no part of a top/side of it. Is the QC of the cutting process going down or is it something else?

Generally speaking, to a regular person, miscuts usually aren't worth anymore than a properly-cut card and maybe even be worth less. If you find someone who specifically collects miscuts, they may be willing to pay a bit more, but those people are few and far between, and generally they prefer the more extreme miscuts, such as those that have a bit of another card showing.

Quality Control for English language cards has been awful for years (since BW, really) and seems to be continuing to get worse as time goes buy. Miscuts and other production errors are growing increasingly common.

What would be a reasonable price for a Mew* 101/101 from Dragon Frontiers in NM-M condition? A lot of the prices I find on different websites are overpriced (I think) or for ones with folds, edge wear, etc.
Unless it's PSA graded, the going rate is about $55-65. You might be able to get more than that if you want to haggle about condition.

Generally speaking, to a regular person, miscuts usually aren't worth anymore than a properly-cut card and maybe even be worth less. If you find someone who specifically collects miscuts, they may be willing to pay a bit more, but those people are few and far between, and generally they prefer the more extreme miscuts, such as those that have a bit of another card showing.

Quality Control for English language cards has been awful for years (since BW, really) and seems to be continuing to get worse as time goes buy. Miscuts and other production errors are growing increasingly common.
I can tell the QC is going down hill, not only are there more misscuts but the quality of the cuts is going down as well. Like I keep noticing NEAR MISSCUTS.

Think of the cuts on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being you basically have 2 cards in one and 6-7 being the typical misscut with one side extremely small. I keep finding and astounding number of 4-5s. If they were cut half 1cm more to the directions they were going to be misscut in they would easily be misscuts.

Exactly how much are the White and Black Kyurem pokemon cards are worth each plus a mega metagross what are there individual prices?

Exactly how much are the White and Black Kyurem pokemon cards are worth each plus a mega metagross what are there individual prices?

You'll have to let us know which Black Kyurem and White Kyurem cards you mean since there are many of them.

English M Metagross EX seems to be selling on Ebay for about ~US$5-10.

The best way to get prices on recent cards like these is to look at Ebay sold listings.

You'll have to let us know which Black Kyurem and White Kyurem cards you mean since there are many of them.

English M Metagross EX seems to be selling on Ebay for about ~US$5-10.

The best way to get prices on recent cards like these is to look at Ebay sold listings.
\

I checked it and it said the white kyurem card i have is worth exactly $1.00 so i guess i will keep it

can you tell me what the price for this pokemon card is worth?

Attachments

• Mega Rayquaza EX.png
    Mega Rayquaza EX.png
    210.8 KB · Views: 7
Without knowing which Articuno card you mean, there's no way to know what the value for it is.

Recent Ebay sold listings place M Rayquaza EX at around US$17~22.

Recently, I had traded a few cards in order that I make my Raichu deck (with circuit circle) and noticed a issue with my newly obtained riachu card. It was a Holo Raichu 43/146 card, but on the holo portion of the card, there seems to be "rain droplets" as part of the hologram. I have asked many people in my pokemon league, and it has passed the "light test", it has the black line in the middle of the card, and has no misprinting on the card other than the rain droplets on the card. Can someone confirm if this was a card that was put on a blister or not? Because I think I have something fairly valuable on my hands.Raichu 43:146.JPG

Last edited:
What you see there as raindrops is called a "cosmos holo" print. That was the standard holographic style for most older sets, but in BW base it changed to tinsel, and again in XY base to sheen (which you see on the left).

Among other Pokemon, Raichu is printed with a cosmos holo pattern in one of the four Gym Collector Packs, sold exclusively through Target stores.

So it is indeed a legit card, but sorry to say it is not a misprint. Good eye though!

Ok I got another FA lugia AOR and the texturing on it is so off that it's 1/10 of a cenitmeter away from having the texture of another FA on it. My previous misstextures are NOTHING compared to this one.

I'll post pictures when I can, but I'll say this now, it has the entire right border on the card, by which I mean all the texturing that would be on the right side of it + the card beside it is on the right side of this Lugia.

Can I post my miss textured FA AOR EXs here? I recently got a lugia EX that I think is worth at least $80 because the texture is so far off of were it's suppossed to be.

Back