Werewolf Master Document & New Player Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to question the need of applications... I'm personally more worried about the numbers of actual players more so than actual hosts.
Well you'll still need hosts, no matter how many players there are. No point halting applications.

But hosts need to be prepared on this site right now. When they design their games they need to have some sort of idea on how they can cut down on roles, or even add more.

Though that did make me think of an idea:
I think that there should be a new system for sign ups. Sign ups are open for 6 or 7 days, and after that deadline, hosts are forced to cut down the number of roles to suit the number of players who signed up.

We're going to have a difficult time with finding subs, though...

Well you'll still need hosts, no matter how many players there are. No point halting applications.

But hosts need to be prepared on this site right now. When they design their games they need to have some sort of idea on how they can cut down on roles, or even add more.

Though that did make me think of an idea:
I think that there should be a new system for sign ups. Sign ups are open for 6 or 7 days, and after that deadline, hosts are forced to cut down the number of roles to suit the number of players who signed up.

We're going to have a difficult time with finding subs, though...

There is sorta problem with that. In PMJ's game there is 9 players... and the likelihood of getting much higher in that amount of days is very, very slim - meaning PMJ would have to cut perhaps 13 roles or something ridiculous. I'm not sure about him but I know that our (Camo and I) game cannot survive much lower than 16 without huge setup changes.

Also, have a graph. In case colours are difficult to see, WWXXII (maroon) had the second largest amount of signups, while WWXIII-II (purple) had the least (bar WW XXVII). It's ugly, I know, but whatever, it serves its purpose:
DhkO0LN.png

I don't give away my game ideas just in case I do get the chance to host.
But bb knows so I'll share.

My game isn't reliant on reaching a certain number of players. I don't have predetermined roles so I can start with however many players choose to sign up :)

I know this is hard to do in your standard role madness games and it works perfectly with mine. But it's very flexible and will work fantastically for Pokebeach and the current predicament it's in...

As for advertising on the front page, why not? You'd rather have players missing out then not have games at all...

Just my two cents.

I feel like part of the issue with finding players is that the player base has been shrinking over time as people move on to other mafia forums, but no one has tried to accommodate the shrinking base. PMJ and I originally toyed with around 35 roles but seeing how much of a struggle it was to find people in IE's game, we cut it to 25.

I feel like we might need to try hosting smaller, more frequent games here. I've seen it done with games of around 10-15 and it works great. It's just a large jump from these 25 person games.

I feel like part of the issue with finding players is that the player base has been shrinking over time as people move on to other mafia forums, but no one has tried to accommodate the shrinking base. PMJ and I originally toyed with around 35 roles but seeing how much of a struggle it was to find people in IE's game, we cut it to 25.

I feel like we might need to try hosting smaller, more frequent games here. I've seen it done with games of around 10-15 and it works great. It's just a large jump from these 25 person games.
If dropping game sizes to ~10 is necessary, it would be required for Camo and I to completely change our game mechanics, but it is possible. I've seen 10 to 15 player games work fine :p

My favorite setup is just 12 players. They don't work as well without VT's though. They aren't as bad as you guys think but it is definitely a different type of game and would take some getting used to.

My favorite setup is just 12 players. They don't work as well without VT's though. They aren't as bad as you guys think but it is definitely a different type of game and would take some getting used to.
VTs...?

Vanilla Townies -- players affiliated with the town but which do not have night actions.
I swear Camo shortens waaaaay too many WW terms >.>

He probably posts as much as he does cause of that reason above :U

The app I sent in was for a very low number of players. I'm used to designing games around 15/16, and also with altering roles and such on the fly based on number of sign ups and the like. It's not hard... It just sucks to have to cut out a lot if you've pre-planned for a much larger player base. Smaller games also have a tendency to be a bit more swingy.

I think we should add these to the compendium:

Seer - Noun. See Cop.
Inspect - Verb. To use your ability as a cop to determine another players alignment.
Seer - Verb. See Inspect.
Save - Verb. Where a doctor uses their ability to block a night kill, thus "saving" the doctor's target.

Also I noticed that 'buss' only has one 's' in the compendium. While the term is derived from "throw under the bus" the used spelling in mafia is buss fsr.

Edit: Sorted out some wording.

Last edited:
Hey buds! I'm looking for someone that I can throw Mafia ideas at who won't mind not playing them if they are ever run :p

Ive got a couple of game ideas up my sleeve but in terms of OP-ness and balancing its always nice to be able to talk about it with someone :)

Shoot me a PM if you're interested :)

Hey buds! I'm looking for someone that I can throw Mafia ideas at who won't mind not playing them if they are ever run :p

Ive got a couple of game ideas up my sleeve but in terms of OP-ness and balancing its always nice to be able to talk about it with someone :)

Shoot me a PM if you're interested :)
Is this for PokeBeach? I assume it is, although I could always be wrong.

So seeings as applications are still open... Can I submit a second game???? Celever's been helping me plan a pearler :p

So seeings as applications are still open... Can I submit a second game???? Celever's been helping me plan a pearler :p
I'm pretty sure you can only submit one application at a time, and I interpreted your post as asking if you could submit two applications at a time >_>.

Your attention please, PokéBeach!
Werewolf Hosting Applications will be closing in exactly 48 hours from this post, meaning that by September 10th, 7 p.m. EST (maybe not-so-exactly 48h after all :p), your Werewolf Application must be submitted if you want the opportunity to host one of the upcoming Werewolf games.
To submit an application, you must follow the procedure indicated here.
Applications submitted after the deadline will not be taken into consideration. If you have any questions, you can always PM either me or @BigfootAUS :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back