“Shrouded Fable” Special Pokemon TCG Set Revealed for August!

Bleh. This screams being a special set for the sake of being a special set. I'm interested to see how it does since it's not relying on shinies, or Dragons, or Charizard, so I don't know what they think the actual draw is supposed to be here.
Thank god those are so boring. Idk how I could get excited about a tenth dragon set and they will keep existing so no need to miss them either

“Illustration Rares of the Loyal Three were also cut from our Twilight Masquerade set. They will undoubtedly be included in Shrouded Fable‘s set list”

Here I thought they would instead end up on the “illustration collection” that was slated to have 3 promos and I thought 3 illustration promos because it is called “illustration collection” but again I was fooled by their insistence on calling normal set cards with special holo “promo cards” but that’s just semantics *le sigh*

Overall happy with this baby set being a tiny version not bloated with half a dozen trash EXs - will be most happy if it all fits in a 2x2 4 pocket binder but I haven’t done the math on that yet without actual card numbers -

edit: okay looking fully unlikely that it can fit in a small binder like PokekonGo set and Celebrations did *double le sigh*
I think the confusion was that "Three Illustration Rare Collection" was actually three different Illustration Rare collections instead of a single product with three Illustration Rares. The way it was announced before was totally misleading haha

I FIGURED IT OUT!! Greninja and kingdra are 2 of the 5 SAR. For some reason they just included PROMO’s in the set description. Pecharunt will most definitely be the 3rd because it’s literally the face of the set. The loyal 3 have the illustration rares pulled from twilight masquerade. The other two SAR will be supporters. I’m 84% sure…..

I FIGURED IT OUT!! Greninja and kingdra are 2 of the 5 SAR. For some reason they just included PROMO’s in the set description. Pecharunt will most definitely be the 3rd because it’s literally the face of the set. The loyal 3 have the illustration rares pulled from twilight masquerade. The other two SAR will be supporters. I’m 84% sure…..
Greninja isn't even from this set, it's a new artwork from a card released last year. They never release SIRs for cards that are not in the set. Like others have said, it's likely that this was pulled from Japan's end-of-the-year set (which includes many reprints and new artwork for cards already released). Why would they "for some reason" include "promos in the set description" when that never happens?

I really hope for people who are going to Worlds that there won't be many meta relevant cards here, two weeks (no prerelease because it's a special set) or less (because people need to travel) to get the cards needed for the most important tournament of the year sounds terrible.
It also means less time for practice, but proxies exist, so that's a relatively minor issue.

Wonder if they will throw Bulbasaur/Squirtle from the Japanese Collection into this set or the final SV one.

Wonder if they will throw Bulbasaur/Squirtle from the Japanese Collection into this set or the final SV one.
I think it'll be the end of year one as it says there are 15 IRs and there are usually 12 per Japanese set and then +3 from the loyal three IRs from Mask of Change

Back