Slither Wing, Iron Moth from “Night Wanderer”

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Slither Wing and Iron Moth havebeen revealed from Night Wanderer, which releases in Japan on June 7th. Cards from Night Wanderer will become part of our Shrouded Fable set on August 2nd.
Slither Wing – Fighting – HP140
Basic Pokémon
[F][C] Iron Buster: 20+ damage. If your opponent has a Future Pokémon in play, this attack does 120 more damage.
[F][F][C] Smashing Wings: 130 damage. Discard 2 Energy from this Pokémon.
Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: None
Retreat: 3

Iron...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
It's good to have two cards that are Future-hate and Ancient-hate, but the costs and damages of attacks are way too bad. Yes, Ancient Moth can OHKO an Iron Hands ex, but that's a very narrow usage.
Maybe if the health gap between ex'es and normal cards wasn't as big as it is.
It’s also any future. So you deal 140 if they even bench it. It’s a good tech in if you have a weak matchup against miraidon.

We have a lost box counter with Kyurem, an ancient counter with moth, a future counter with slither. What other new decks should they make a counter for? Chien pao? Arceus? Lugia? (Iron Hands is a future Pokémon, so I’m counting it as future box)

Super happy to have a new card to add to Ancient box, just wish its second attack was Fighting Double Colorless so that it can see usage outside of only countering Iron Hands but oh well.

Last edited:
Slither Wing is a solid response to Iron Hands, cheap attack for an OHKO. The Moth is struggling to keep up with its ancient counterpart

Once again, perfect incorporation of the 'ancient' and 'future' concept into the cards. i.e. Slither Wing's attack dependant on the past and conditions that have already been met, vs Iron Moth's attack depending on the future and conditions that have yet to be met.

I want to like these cards, but I’m not sure if the damage/energy costs are worth it. Maybe Slither Wing is better because it counters Future more immediately with extra damage? After all you can just gust out of Iron Moth’s effect

For the final Scarlet/Violet set I would love to see some past, present, future synergy. Make Slither Wings/Volcarola/Iron Moth or Koraidon/Cyclizar/Miraidon decks viable.

Back