Feebas and Milotic from “Mask of Change!”

I don't think this is gonna happen, but this and a lot of the cards designed for Grass recently would start to make a lot more sense if we got some kind of Scoop Up Stadium that allowed you to once per turn, bounce one of your benched Grass pokemon back to hand.

Volbeat and Illumise can do their first turn attacks, then retreat and get bounced to remove them as prize liabilities. Heal-tanking with Torterra ex would make more sense if you could just keep evolving into Whimsicott each turn. 151 Gloom and Vileplume could become an actual engine for energy acceleration. It would give the most recent Sawsbuck a Stadium target worth searching for, etc.

It would at least be a big push towards making Grass pokemon more viable without breaking the developers' weird self-imposed challenge to not print Grass Pokemon that can efficiently deal good damage.

I don't think this is gonna happen, but this and a lot of the cards designed for Grass recently would start to make a lot more sense if we got some kind of Scoop Up Stadium that allowed you to once per turn, bounce one of your benched Grass pokemon back to hand.

Volbeat and Illumise can do their first turn attacks, then retreat and get bounced to remove them as prize liabilities. Heal-tanking with Torterra ex would make more sense if you could just keep evolving into Whimsicott each turn. 151 Gloom and Vileplume could become an actual engine for energy acceleration. It would give the most recent Sawsbuck a Stadium target worth searching for, etc.

It would at least be a big push towards making Grass pokemon more viable without breaking the developers' weird self-imposed challenge to not print Grass Pokemon that can efficiently deal good damage.
That would be epic!

I think there hasn't been an effect like that, ever?
There's a bunch of things this card blocks, since it hits attached cards along with the Pokemon themselves. What's kind of sad is that it isn't universal - it could combo nicely with attacks that ask you to return Energy to your hand.
Mr.Mime from Team Up has basically the same effect. You just need damage on the mon for it to work. Which goes hand in hand with attacking to KO regardless.

Used to use this card all the time in my weird gimmick decks to try and stop cards like Resource Management Guru and Jirachi. (Because of Recycle energy and U-turn board)

Had fun with it and Banette GX as well.

Attachments

• SM9_EN_66.png
    SM9_EN_66.png
    48 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
So if play a Turo, does it discard everything instead of putting it in my hand, or is the entire effect cancelled?
Energies and other cards will be discarded only if your pokemon returns to your hand so it does completely nothing

Back