Contest July's Create-A-Card Contest & June's Winners! (Official Results!)

Magnezone-EX - Metal - HP180
Basic

Σ Magnet Rise: Each of your [L] Pokémon and [M] Pokémon that has any [L] Energy or [M] Energy attached to it has no Retreat Cost

Ability: Electromagnetic Energy
As often as you like during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, you may move a [L] Energy or a [M] Energy attached to one of your Benched [L] Pokémon or [M] Pokémon to this Pokémon. If this Pokémon has any [L] Energy attached to it, this Pokémon’s type is both [L] and [M].

[M][C][C] Magnet Warp
You may switch this Pokémon with one of your Benched [L] Pokémon or [M] Pokémon. If you do, you may switch your 1 of your opponent’s Benched [L] Pokémon or [M] Pokémon with his or her Active Pokémon. Then, this attack does 10 damage to your opponent's Active Pokémon for each [L] Energy and [M] Energy attached to this Pokémon.

Weakness: Fire (x2)

Resistance: Psychic (-20)

Retreat Cost: [C][C][C][C]

When a Pokémon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Last edited:
In for text if I may
You may :D

I'm currently looking for someone do the artwork for my image fake for this month. I'll need the style to be either a rough HGSS style or a smooth render like this Deoxys. Unfortunately traces like mine will not be able to cut it for the card I'm looking for. Feel free to shoot my up a PM if you'd like to collaborate with me, so I can tell you a few more details (primarily the Pokemon :p).

Last edited by a moderator:
Just out of curiosity, do you think that Pokémon like the Geodude line count as inanimate objects because they are rocks?

Just out of curiosity, do you think that Pokémon like the Geodude line count as inanimate objects because they are rocks?
Most definitely. I would certainly accept that. In fact, as long as you can justify it, I would accept a lot of the less obvious Pokemon - I'm being a bit sneaky for my image text, but according to Spoon, is justifiable. Just for the record, anything that is the <animal> Pokemon will probably not be accepted unless you can justify it (Onix being the Rock Snake Pokemon is a bit of a different case, I'd accept it).

EDIT: Feel free to shoot me a PM if you want to check your Pokemon, though!

Last edited:
Trevenant HP:110 (P)
Stage 1 evolves from Phantump
709.gif

Ability: Re-root
Once during your turn (before you attack), you may discard as many (P) energy as you like from this Pokémon. If you do heal 10 HP for each (P) energy discarded in this way.

(P)(P)(C) Forest's Curse 50+
This attack does 10 more damage for each of your benched Pokémon.

Weakness: (D)x2
Resistance: (F)-20
Retreat: 3

Thought I'd have a bit more fun with this than I usually would. This card (and the supporting card) use a mechanic I made a while ago called Reversed. The idea being that instead of fighting with stage 2s you get to enjoy fighting with basic. (I made this mechanic purely to enjoy fighting with a Squirtle instead of a blastoise ;) ) Reversed cards devolve, instead of Evolve, and the highest evolution card is played as a Basic would. Instead of being called basics, stage 1 and 2 etc... Reversed cards are called R0, R1 and R2.
R0's are played as the basic and they devolve accordingly :) the reason for this is the fact that, to one not so knowledgeable in pokemon they would know which evolution would be played as the basic :)

Anyways...
My submission is Grimer, and I've included Muk for context :)

R1 Grimer 70HP [P]
Devolves from Muk
Reversed

http://media.pldh.net/pokemon/gen6/xy-animated/088.gif
[size=x-small]NO.88 Sludge Pokémon HT: 2'11" WT: 66.1 lbs.[/size]

Ability: Sludge Drain
You may play this Pokémon from your hand onto your opponent's Bench as a Basic Pokémon. As long as this Pokémon is on your opponent's Bench place 2 damage counters on your opponent's Active Pokémon between turns. If this Pokémon becomes your opponent's Active Pokémon, put this card and all cards attached into their respective owner's discard pile.

[P] Poisonous Assembly
Search your deck for up to 3, in any combination, of Grimer and Muk and place them into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

Weakness [P]x2 Resistance
Retreat [C][C]
Sludge exposed to X-rays from the moon transformed into Grimer. It loves feeding on filthy things.

R0 Muk 110HP [P]
Reversed

089.gif
']http://media.pldh.net/pokemon/gen6/xy-animated/089.gif [/img][/URL]
[size=x-small]NO.89 Sludge Pokémon HT: 3'11" WT: 66.1 lbs.[/size]

[P][C] Gunk Shot 20
The Defending Pokémon is now Poisoned.

Weakness [P]x2 Resistance
Retreat [C][C]
A toxic fluid seeps from its body. The fluid instantly kills plants and trees on contact.

Enjoy!

Back