Contest July's Create-A-Card Contest & June's Winners! (Official Results!)

Time to finally make that Missing.no card! Are Ferrothorn and Froslass okay? I'm still deciding which one.

Time to finally make that Missing.no card! Are Ferrothorn and Froslass okay? I'm still deciding which one.
Well, it really depends. I'd say Frosslass is fine considering it's based on ice + a young women's ghost. However, Ferrothorn is a bit of a tough case. I'd probably say no, it being based on thorns and apparently a durian, and I sorta saw it as a weird moss. However, someone else could easily point out its a steel bomb/grenade thing (especially its prevolution), while there are a lot of other weapon-like features evident on the Pokemon (flails, caltrops). If you want me to decide for you, Frosslass better fits this month's theme and is perhaps the more optimal choice, but you could slide Ferrothorn through with reasoning.

Welp. Here's my entry:
Klinklang - Metal - HP160

Stage 2 - Evolves from Klang

ζ Shielding: As long as this pokemon is on your bench, prevent all damage done to it.

Ability: Rotation
Once during your turn, you may switch one of your opponent's pokemon with one of his or her benched pokemon. If you do, discard a card from your hand.

[M][M] Gear Grind 50
At the end of your opponent's next turn, put 3 damage counters on his or her active pokemon.

Weakness: Fire(x2)

Resistance: Psychic(-20)

Retreat Cost: [C][C][C]

Its red core functions as an energy tank. It fires the charged energy through its spikes into an area.

Last edited:
Here's my entry

Drifblim EX - Psychic - 180 HP

Basic

λ Recycle: Once during your turn, you may attach a basic Energy card from your discard pile to this Pokémon.

[P][C] Tailwind 30
You may switch this Pokémon with one of your Benched Pokémon. During your opponent's next turn, the Retreat Cost of all of his or her Pokémon is [C] more.

[P][P][C] Phantom Burst 100+
This attack does 20 more damage for each Drifloon, Drifblim and Drifblim EX in play and in your discard pile.

Weakness: Dark (x2)

Resistance: Fighting (-20)

Retreat Cost: [C][C][C]

Here's my entry!

Porygon-Z - Colorless - HP130

Stage 2 - Evolves from Porygon2

ε Convert: When this Pokemon is damaged by an opponent’s attack, this Pokemon gets -10 resistance to your opponent’s Active Pokemon’s type.

Ability: Software Upload
Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon, you may look at the top 4 cards of your deck. Choose any basic Energy cards you find there and attach it to this Pokemon.

[C][C][C] Computer Overload 30x
This attack does 30 damage times the number of different types of basic Energy attached to this Pokemon. Shuffle all Energy attached to this Pokemon into your deck.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)

Resistance: none

Retreat Cost: [C]

Its programming was modified to enable it to travel through alien dimensions. Seems there might have been an error...

Well, it really depends. I'd say Frosslass is fine considering it's based on ice + a young women's ghost. However, Ferrothorn is a bit of a tough case. I'd probably say no, it being based on thorns and apparently a durian, and I sorta saw it as a weird moss. However, someone else could easily point out its a steel bomb/grenade thing (especially its prevolution), while there are a lot of other weapon-like features evident on the Pokemon (flails, caltrops). If you want me to decide for you, Frosslass better fits this month's theme and is perhaps the more optimal choice, but you could slide Ferrothorn through with reasoning.

Since I spent all last night thinking about possibilities for Ferrothorn (sorry Frosslass), I'll just try to come up with a good explanation for it. On a side note, durian is disgusting :p.

EDIT: After reading up on Ferrothorn, it's compared to too many living things...

Last edited:
Here's my guess

Magnemite (magnet)
Magneton (magnet)
Magnezone (magnet)
Shedinja? (shell)
Baltoy (doll)
Claydol (doll)
Shuppet (cloth)
Bannette and Mega Bannette (toy)
Regirock? (rock)
Regice? (iceberg)
Drifloon (balloon)
Drifblim (blimp)
Bronzor (metal plate)
Bronzong (bell)
Yamask (mask)
Cofagrigus (coffin)
Klink (gear)
Klang (gear)
Klinklang (gear)
Litwick (candle)
Lampent (lamp)
Vanilite (Ice Cream)
Vanilish (Ice Cream)
Vaniluxe (Ice Cream)
Chandelure (chandelier)
Cyrogonal (Ice)
Honedge (Sword)
Doublade (Sword)
Aegislash (Sword)
Phantump (dead tree)
Trevenant (dead tree)
I think I'll add some I don't see on there
Shelmet (shell, or Knights helmet)
Geodude (rock)
Graveler (rock)
Golem (rock)
Solosis, duosion, and reuniclus? (Cells)
Trubbish and garbodor (trash)

Entry.
Klinklang - HP 140 [M]
ψ protect - this Pokemon can't be affected by special conditions. If this Pokemon were to be attacked by a move from the defending Pokemon that would cause a special condition, put that special condition on the defending Pokemon.
Ability - Modern Tech
Each Pokemon in play (excluding this Pokemon) do not have any ancient traits.
[M] superspeed gears 10
Switch this Pokemon with one of your benched Pokemon. During your next turn, each of that pokemon's attacks do 20 more damage and that Pokemon needs one less [C] in order to attack.

Its red core functions as an energy tank. It fires the charged energy through its spikes into an area.
Weakness - [F] x2 resistance [P] -20
Retreat [C][C][C]

Back