Contest July's Create-A-Card Contest & June's Winners! (Official Results!)

[Stage 1] Cofagrigus HP110 [P]
cofagrigus.gif

SF-Ability
Curse of Tutankhamun
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may discard a card from your hand. If you do, attach one of your Benched Pokémon to this Pokémon as an Energy card. (Discard all cards attached to that Pokémon.) While attached to an Evolved Pokémon (excluding Pokémon-EX), the card attached by this Ability is a Special Energy card and provides every type of Energy, but provides only 2 Energy at a time. The attacks of the Evolved Pokémon (excluding Pokémon-EX) that card is attached to do 30 more damage to the Defending Pokémon-EX. (If that card is attached to anything other than an Evolved Pokémon (excluding Pokémon-EX), discard that Pokémon.) These effects remain even if this Pokémon is Knocked Out.

[P][C] Legacy Of The Pharaoh 50
This Pokémon is now Knocked Out. Move as many Energy cards attached to either player's Pokémon as you like to any Pokémon in play. You can't move any Energy cards attached to your opponent's Pokémon to your Pokémon in this way.

Weakness: [D]x2
Resistance: -
Retreat Cost: [C][C][C]
It has been said that they swallow those who get too close and turn them into mummies. They like to eat gold nuggets.

References: Rainbow Energy, Strong Energy, Holon's Castform, AZ, Double Dragon Energy, Fighting Stadium, Celebration Wind Shaymin.
Wow, I looked at a lot of stuff for the wording >.>
This guy gives evos some love, and considering you have to set it up in addition to set up a second Stage 1 or Stage 2 to use, plus another thing on the Bench, and you have to discard makes it fairly balanced imo.

Would Whimsicott count?
I'd say no. Whimsicott looks like fresh cotton, i.e. still alive. You can always do it if you provide me a good reason, of course.

References: Rainbow Energy, Strong Energy, Holon's Castform, AZ, Double Dragon Energy, Fighting Stadium, Celebration Wind Shaymin.
Wow, I looked at a lot of stuff for the wording >.>
You don't won't to see my wording referrals for this month ;)

I'm in for Image also should I post my card here or somewhere else and I need I partner who can make good CGI

My Submission:
edited once

Trevenant - Psychic - HP 100
Stage 1 - Evolves from Phantump
Ability: Ravaging Roots
When you play Trevenant from your hand to evolve one of your Pokemon, you may choose to discard a stadium card in play.

[P] Haunted Grove 10

The defending Pokemon cannot be retreated or switched during your opponent's next turn.

[P][P][C] Penumbra Pulp 50+

Does 50 damage plus 10 more damage for each Stadium card in each player's discard pile.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C]

It will cause anyone who harms the forest to become lost in it forever.

Last edited:
My Submission:

Trevenant - Psychic - HP 100
Stage 1 - Evolves from Phantump
Ability: Ravaging Roots
When you play Trevenant from your hand to evolve one of your Pokemon, you may choose to discard a stadium card in play.

[P] Haunted Grove 10

The defending Pokemon cannot be retreated or switched during your opponent's next turn.

[P][P][C] Penumbra Pulp 20+

Does 20 damage plus 20 more damage for each Pokemon in your bench and discard pile.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C]

It will cause anyone who harms the forest to become lost in it forever.

That card could literally not be more overpowered. Turn one, get a Phantump and a stadium out. Play Sycamore/Juniper to discard your hand. In your new hand if you are running 4 Trevenants or 4 Ultra Balls chances are you'll get one of the two. Use ultra ball to get a Trevenant in your hand. Turn two, if your opponent didn't play N, play Trevenant, discard the stadium, play another juniper to discard your hand. So now you've got 8-12 cards in your discard pile and can do a T2 200 damage with Penumbra Pulp. That one hit kills everything except Wailord and Megas.

That card could literally not be more overpowered. Turn one, get a Phantump and a stadium out. Play Sycamore/Juniper to discard your hand. In your new hand if you are running 4 Trevenants or 4 Ultra Balls chances are you'll get one of the two. Use ultra ball to get a Trevenant in your hand. Turn two, if your opponent didn't play N, play Trevenant, discard the stadium, play another juniper to discard your hand. So now you've got 8-12 cards in your discard pile and can do a T2 200 damage with Penumbra Pulp. That one hit kills everything except Wailord and Megas.

It isn't overpowered.
1. I think you misread the description of Penumbra Pulp, it adds 20 more damage for each POKEMON in your discard pile and bench, not CARD in your discard pile.
Furthermore, the amount of pokemon needed to make the attack amount to 200 damage is 9 pokemon which is highly unlikely for you to get out within just a few turns not including the active Trevenant and pre-evo phantump. You would have to get the specific energy required plus all that pokemon in play in a few turns would be rather difficult and highly unlikely.
Plus, pokemon who are discarded using trainers like battle compressor would have been taking up lots of space in your deck which would create an opportunity cost.
2. It is highly unlikely to draw that exact sequence of cards as you mentioned above consistently.
3. The cost of the attack is PPC which means that it would take atleast 3 turns to set up as double colourless energy would not be able to boost out the attack.
4. Trevenant is a stage 1 pokemon with only 100 HP so it is kind of fragile. So before it sweeps the entire team, it may already fall to another pokemon. Therefore even if it does deal lots of damage, it wont linger around for much longer unlike bulkier 170HP ex pokemon.

Last edited:
It isn't overpowered.
1. I think you misread the description of Penumbra Pulp, it adds 20 more damage for each POKEMON in your discard pile and bench, not CARD in your discard pile.
Furthermore, the amount of pokemon needed to make the attack amount to 200 damage is 9 pokemon which is highly unlikely for you to get out within just a few turns not including the active Trevenant and pre-evo phantump. You would have to get the specific energy required plus all that pokemon in play in a few turns would be rather difficult and highly unlikely.
Plus, pokemon who are discarded using trainers like battle compressor would have been taking up lots of space in your deck which would create an opportunity cost.
2. It is highly unlikely to draw that exact sequence of cards as you mentioned above consistently.
3. The cost of the attack is PPC which means that it would take atleast 3 turns to set up as double colourless energy would not be able to boost out the attack.
4. Trevenant is a stage 1 pokemon with only 100 HP so it is kind of fragile. So before it sweeps the entire team, it may already fall to another pokemon. Therefore even if it does deal lots of damage, it wont linger around for much longer unlike bulkier 170HP ex pokemon.

1. Exegcute PLF would work well with this card, still. VERY well.

2. Not really. As long as you have a Phantump, Ultra Ball, Skyla, Juniper, or N in your hand you should be fine.

3. You could run Bronzong or Blastoise, allowing you to attach psychic energy while using the ability to get you a water energy on the same turn you attach a psychic energy.

4. Garbador is also a stage 1 Pokemon with similar HP.

1. Exegcute PLF would work well with this card, still. VERY well.

2. Not really. As long as you have a Phantump, Ultra Ball, Skyla, Juniper, or N in your hand you should be fine.

3. You could run Bronzong or Blastoise, allowing you to attach psychic energy while using the ability to get you a water energy on the same turn you attach a psychic energy.

4. Garbador is also a stage 1 Pokemon with similar HP.
There's also Battle Compressor to get Pokémon in the discard, as well as Sky Field, which you could play T1, get 8 Benched Pokémon, and then discard with Trevenant's Ability T2 to get 3 more in the discard.

Dimension Valley for the PPC Energy cost.

Basically, as we've seen from Flareon and Night March, doing +10 for every Pokémon in the discard pile is good. +20 for each Pokémon in the discard pile and on your Bench is format-breaking. Especially because LTC is no longer part of any equation.

Could we please refrain from discussing PapaBigBelly's card any further. Both parties have made their points, and there is absolutely no point in continuing arguing. The discussing may also affect my judging, which is not ideal. Besides, I'll critique the card later, and you are free to question my judging then. If Papa is okay with it, you can continue discussing through spoiler/PM, but otherwise please refrain.

I know Whimsicott doesn't count this round, but does Unown Pokemon? Or Lunatone/Solrock/Castform?

(I was gonna ask about Celebi because its head looks like an onion/flower bulb, but I dodn't because it also looks like a fairy/pixie)

Last edited:
I'm in for the text-based, if there's still spots left!

M Banette-EX-Psychic-HP210
Mega Evolution- Evolves from Banette-EX

When 1 of your Pokemon becomes a Mega Evolution, your turn ends.

γ Trap: Any Energy attached to this Pokemon may not be discarded by the effects of attacks, Abilities, or Trainer cards.

[P] [C] [C] Destiny Shade: 80 damage. Remove the top Evolution card from each of your opponent’s Pokemon and put those cards into your opponent’s hand.

When a Pokemon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Dark (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat: 1

Back