Contest July's Create-A-Card Contest & June's Winners! (Official Results!)

While I'm here:

Chimecho HP: 70 [P]
Basic
358.png
Ability: Soothing Chime
Once during your turn [before you attack] you may search your deck for an basic Energy card and discard it. If you do, flip all your Prize cards face up. Heal 10 damage from each of your Pokémon for each Pokémon in your Prize cards. Then, flip all your prize cards face down. You can’t use more than 1 Soothing Chime ability per turn.

[P] Moving Melody
Shuffle all basic Energy cards in your discard pile back into your deck. Then, switch this Pokémon with 1 of your Benched Pokémon.

Weakness: [P] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: 1
So I thought I'd try my hand at a Pokémon in the "All support, No Damage" archetype that seems to be popping up. The attack "Moving Melody" is literally moving the energy cards from your discard pile to your deck, and then Chimecho goes "backstage" [the bench]. Also, I don't think this card is insanely broken because you only can heal 60 damage at max, although it can be fun with Yveltal XY or Mega Manectric EX. Also, you get to see your prizes. The ability is better in the early game, while the attack is better in the late game. I hope you liked my card! :)
Also, I have a rule of thumb: If a Pokémon has artwork from Pokémon Conquest, I use it. :)

Also, I refrenced Landorus FUF, Azelf LA, and Donphan PLS for what to capitalize. If I'm wrong, then Arceus hates me.

M Banette-EX-Psychic-HP210
Mega Evolution- Evolves from Banette-EX

When 1 of your Pokémon becomes a Mega Evolution, your turn ends.

γ Trap: All Energy attached to this Pokémon may not be discarded by the effects of attacks, Abilities, or Trainer cards.

[P] [C] [C] Destiny Shade: 80 damage. Remove the top Evolution card from each of your opponent’s Pokémon and put those cards into your opponent’s hand.

When a Pokémon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Dark (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)

M Banette-EX-Psychic-HP210
Mega Evolution- Evolves from Banette-EX

When 1 of your Pokémon becomes a Mega Evolution, your turn ends.

γ Trap: All Energy attached to this Pokémon may not be discarded by the effects of attacks, Abilities, or Trainer cards.

[P] [C] [C] Destiny Shade: 80 damage. Remove the top Evolution card from each of your opponent’s Pokémon and put those cards into your opponent’s hand.

When a Pokémon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Oh no, I didn't realize that it was posted already, I thought I hadn't...heh...heh heh... just treat this one as my entry.

Oh no, I didn't realize that it was posted already, I thought I hadn't...heh...heh heh... just treat this one as my entry.
Unfortunately the rules are the first entry you submit is your entry. This means the entry at post #82 is null and the entry at post #78 is your actual entry. You may update (edit) your entry at post #78 if you'd like, however you will gain a -2 penalisation for the edit.

Hi! This is my first time participating in a Pokebeach event. I've signed up for image-based contest and I would like to submit my masterpiece (I think it is a little bit early).

Firstly, I would like to talk about the general features of this card. Obviously, this is a card from the first series/generation, it is a Base Set card. So, it must be a first gen Pokemon (in this case, I've chosen Electrode, which is a ball Pokemon and it fits perfectly to the title of this contest).

Next, I want to link the picture to the caption as well as the attacks of this card. As you can see, the picture contains one Electrode and 2 PokeBalls, and the caption says it loves to hide among PokeBalls. In addition, the first attack is about scooping PokeBalls (or other balls) from discard pile, it shows that my Electrode really loves camouflaging among PokeBalls :D

As for the second attack, it looks like an ordinary bench-hitting attack. But that is not all!! There is a chance that you can hit 3 Benched Pokemon in one attack, just like the Electrode and 2 PokeBalls in the picture roll over and hit 3 of them!! (Interesting fact: the second attack requires 1 [L] Energy and 2 [C] Energy, just like one Electrode and two PokeBalls attacking your opponent's Pokemon!)

Since the level is slightly higher (lv43) than the Electrode from original base set (lv40), I set the HP to 100 and added the Retreat cost to [C][C]. There is no resistance to Metal type because there is no Metal type in that era.

That's all about the story of my Electrode card, I hope that it is convincing enough because personally i think it is very playable in that era. It may not be the strongest card but I can totally see people using it as a tech to scoop Pokeballs from discard pile and also to counter Raindance-Blastoise!!

Attachments

• Electrode card.jpg
    Electrode card.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 189
Could I get added to text please?

Whoops, thanks for the catch. Not sure how your name got missing from there; you're on my written list of names to add to the OP. Must have been an editing error. It sucks working off my tablet. >.< You're added now. And with that...

Text-Based entries are now closed! There's still space for image-based entries, though. :)

This is my first EVER entry for the CAC contests! For my first entry, I've decided to do a nice little basic :)

Pumpkaboo - Ghost - HP60
Basic

[P] Trick-or-Treat
Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent’s active Pokemon takes 10 damage. If tails, discard a card from your hand.

[P][C] Spooky Noises 20+
This attack does 20 damage, plus 10 damage for each [P] Pokemon you have on your bench.

Retreat Cost: 2

The pumpkin body is inhabited by a spirit trapped in this world. As the sun sets, it becomes restless and active.

This is my first EVER entry for the CAC contests! For my first entry, I've decided to do a nice little basic :)

Pumpkaboo - Ghost - HP60
Basic

[P] Trick-or-Treat
Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent’s active Pokemon takes 10 damage. If tails, discard a card from your hand.

[P][C] Spooky Noises 20+
This attack does 20 damage, plus 10 damage for each [P] Pokemon you have on your bench.

Retreat Cost: 2

The pumpkin body is inhabited by a spirit trapped in this world. As the sun sets, it becomes restless and active.
I'm confused how Pumpkaboo relates to this month's theme, of inanimate-Pokemon. Would you mind filling me in on the links I don't see between Pumpkaboo and this contest's theme?

Here's my entry;

Vanilluxe_BW.gif

Vanilluxe - Water - HP130
Stage 2 - Evolves from Vanillish

Ψ Attract
When you play this Pokemon from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokemon, you may search your deck for a Basic Pokemon that evolves into this Pokemon, reveal it, and add it to your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

Ability: Fresh Scoop
Once during your turn, (before your attack), you may attach 1 [W] Energy card from your hand to this Pokemon for each Vanillite, Vanillish or Vanilluxe on your Bench.

[W][W][W][C] Sweet Freeze 70+
You may do 70 more damage. If you do, discard 2 Energy attached to this Pokemon and the Defending Pokemon is now Paralyzed.

Weakness: Steel (x2)
Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C]

Swallowing large amounts of water, they make snow clouds inside their bodies and, when angry, cause violent blizzards.

Original name for the attack was "Freeze '99" but I didn't know how many people would get the reference, heh.

Last edited:
I'm confused how Pumpkaboo relates to this month's theme, of inanimate-Pokemon. Would you mind filling me in on the links I don't see between Pumpkaboo and this contest's theme?
Pumpkaboo is a Jack-o-lantern, I believe. If Trevenant is eligible, I can't see Pumpkaboo not being.

I thought it was based on a pumpkin/jack-o-lantern...

In any case, I'll do another 'mon if I have to :)

Back