More “Twilight Masquerade” English Cards Revealed, Some Immediately After Japan!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Pokemon’s social media accounts have been revealing more English cards from Twilight Masquerade! The set releases in English on May 24th.
Surprisingly, they revealed Blissey ex and Tatsugiri the morning after they were revealed in Japan (both from Japan’s upcoming Mask of Change). This is some of the fastest English reveals we’ve ever seen from TPCi.

020-Poltchageist-143x200.jpeg

#020 Poltchageist

134-Blissey-ex-143x200.jpeg

#134 Blissey ex

176-Cramorant-143x200.jpeg

#176 Cramorant

186-Tatsugiri-143x200.jpeg

#186 Tatsugiri

The following Twilight Masquerade cards were...

Continue reading...

The past few SV sets have been very unpredictable in terms of their value, so I have no idea how much this set will be liked by collectors. What I do know is that, as a player, this set looks super fun, so I’m hoping that prices are low because I’m gonna want to try a lot of decks lol

Genuinely gonna be one of the best sets in the last decade.
I think your previous remarks on this set have been very well reasoned, but for the benefit of those who haven't been following your Live Wo-Chien Yaginku Reactions, it's probably time for you to organize your thoughts into a short essay and add it to your signature so people will know you're not crazy. I enjoyed reading your Base Set Rebalanced thread, and your deep-dive into the consequences of seemingly trivial game design elements (down to cards like Switch) was one of the most insightful Pokébeach conversations I'd read since Otaku turned a rant on power creep into a thoughtful analysis unlike anything I had previously experienced on the website (https://www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/vmaxes-adp-and-the-terrible-power-creep.151926/, skip to page 2).
(In other words, people will need context for why this is gonna be of the best sets in the last decade.)

Last edited:
it's probably time for you to organize your thoughts into a short essay and add it to your signature so people will know you're not crazy
It's not really rocket science at this point, and it's not like H-on is some paragon of balanced gameplay - it just simply doesn't spit out multiple broken cards in each set.
You might still get that, but I am waiting for at least three sets of the H-block to drop before I can promote it as an alternative to Standard that's balanced and actually fun to play. I would really like for them to drop some generic, but low-powered Supporter and Item cards, which usually happens at the back end of the generation. Currently the only consistent draw is Morty's Conviction - which would be a fun experiment, but I would like to see more.

It's not really rocket science at this point, and it's not like H-on is some paragon of balanced gameplay - it just simply doesn't spit out multiple broken cards in each set.
You might still get that, but I am waiting for at least three sets of the H-block to drop before I can promote it as an alternative to Standard that's balanced and actually fun to play. I would really like for them to drop some generic, but low-powered Supporter and Item cards, which usually happens at the back end of the generation. Currently the only consistent draw is Morty's Conviction - which would be a fun experiment, but I would like to see more.
I mean, between Morty's Conviction, Perrin, Carmine and Hassel, you could probably create functioning decks that rely on Supporters for consistency, and the format might play out something like the e-card format. Hassel and Perrin could definitely backfire, though. Dudunsparce, Drakloak, and the Tatsugiri/Rescue Board combo would offer decks consistency options that the e-card format could only dream about, but considering the e-card format was a slow, 2HKO format with a larger and more level pool of Supporters to pull from, and considering how swingy games could get when people top-decked their Buddy-Buddy Poffin while their opponents were still fuming about trying to draw a Supporter, you're right, the format probably needs more options, and thus more time.
That being said, I didn't realize you had plans of promoting the H-on format before the F and G blocks rotated! I'll be interested in seeing the results when it begins.
(I think Ancient Koraidon ex/Infernape could be strong, as it hits that magic 280 that OHKOs even most stage 1 ex's. If the format was slow and consistent enough you could get two Infernape into play, you could even attack with Roaring Bolt ex. Future would probably be strong thanks to Miraidon, Metang just needs a good Metal type to champion its cause, and Greninja ex looks generally strong.)

Everyone imagine if Blissey ex was good and you lost because of Lucky Bonus if people were playing this Chansey:
IMG_4291.png

Back