Discussion Porygon Z/Crawdaunt troll deck?

pkolaboy

Tyranitar be taunting'
So I was breezing through the future standard sets and came across a curious troll deck idea. Now this is weird for me because I HATE any type of troll deck or item lock deck. Could it be possible to somehow combine these two cards to make a somewhat playable deck? I am not really good with coming up with deck lists but I thought it could be plausible. I mean with all the energy acceleration in the format it could work
¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Crawdaunt-Primal-Clash-92.jpg

Porygon-Z-Bandit-Ring.jpg

Porygon-Z – Colorless – HP130
Stage 2 – Evolves from Porygon2

Theta Stop: Prevent all effects done to this Pokemon by your opponent’s Pokemon’s Abilities.

[C] Digital Reboot: Choose any number of Evolved Pokemon on your Bench. You may remove as many Evolution cards from those Pokemon as you like and put them into your hand.

[C][C] Screen Resolution: 50 damage. Your opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Confused.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Except that all you need to do is set up a bunch of Pokemon on the bench to stream pretty easy kills on your opponent (if your deck is slow) or completely smash poor Porygons during Turn 1 and 2 (if your deck is fast). And with little to no damage support... getting kills will be pretty difficult. Basically, you have to be pretty lucky to get your opponent to run out of Energy if this is too be effective. However, despite all of that negativity, with all this Flare Grunt, Xesoric, Enhanced Hammer and Crushing Hammer I do see a Crawdaunt energy denial deck possible, but I think our digital friend is a bit too slow - I'd just run Super Scoop Up. And then again, we won't have Garbador in format to shut off Bronzongs that would ruin this deck.

That would be my thought dump :>

SilverSilent

Dem Eeveelutions
Except that all you need to do is set up a bunch of Pokemon on the bench to stream pretty easy kills on your opponent (if your deck is slow) or completely smash poor Porygons during Turn 1 and 2 (if your deck is fast). And with little to no damage support... getting kills will be pretty difficult. Basically, you have to be pretty lucky to get your opponent to run out of Energy if this is too be effective. However, despite all of that negativity, with all this Flare Grunt, Xesoric, Enhanced Hammer and Crushing Hammer I do see a Crawdaunt energy denial deck possible, but I think our digital friend is a bit too slow - I'd just run Super Scoop Up. And then again, we won't have Garbador in format to shut off Bronzongs that would ruin this deck.

That would be my thought dump :>

You could also run AZ, Wally, and if you really want to keep Porygon, Winona to get all three Porygons in to your hand. To accelerate the deck you'd probably just run Arco Bikes, Unknown, Roller Skates, Maintenance, lucky helmet if you're not worried about OHKO's at all. Since Porygon's attacks are colorless, you can run scorched earth as well. It's possible to do but you're going to end up doing a lot of testing and tweaking on this since you'd be unable to take any hits.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
You could also run AZ, Wally, and if you really want to keep Porygon, Winona to get all three Porygons in to your hand. To accelerate the deck you'd probably just run Arco Bikes, Unknown, Roller Skates, Maintenance, lucky helmet if you're not worried about OHKO's at all. Since Porygon's attacks are colorless, you can run scorched earth as well.
Even with all of that draw and search support, Porygon is going to take 2-3+ turns to evolve, which is slow. Also, you are ideally going to be using a Flare Grunt, AZ (for Crawdaunts) or an Xerosic as your supporter, not Wally or Winona.

It's possible to do but you're going to end up doing a lot of testing and tweaking on this since you'd be unable to take any hits.
bbninjas said:
Except that all you need to do is set up a bunch of Pokemon on the bench to stream pretty easy kills on your opponent (if your deck is slow) or completely smash poor Porygons during Turn 1 and 2 (if your deck is fast).

Pinecone

A Pinecone on the Beach
I like the other Porygon Z with Crawdaunt better. It can deal damage as well as adding an additional energy requirement, which can be just as effective, if not more than an energy discard. Add Head Ringer and EX's are looking at an additional CC. With this you are banking on a deck out, and even if you do manage to discard all of their energy before they draw 6 prizes, they still might be able to outlast you.