EDIT: Tomorrow (Friday) we will have a major update, including a DP attack list, a new episode, DP card news, and information on the Mew giveaway. Check back soon!
I still have to stay home one more day because of the car crash, but at least I am able to use my new time for Diamond and Pearl! Hopefully, I will be able to go back to school tomorrow.
Diamond and Pearl Pokemon List - Bangiras has compiled a detailed list containing most of the new Pokemon's names, all of their types, most of their abilities, and their new evolutions and genders. You will not find a more complete list anywhere else! You can check it out by [clicking here]! Some information on the list is new information we, nor any other site, has posted up before, so be sure to check it out *is too lazy to type all the new stuff up*! Bangiras will also be creating other lists and sending in further information once she gets to the fifth gym, so stay tuned!
New Edit: Kirlia and Snorunt may have a split evolution line, although we are not as sure as we were about the previous evolutions we posted.
News will be pouring in all day. All translations are by Bangiras. If you don't want to be spoiled, stop reading here. The following evolutions are based off game data extracted from the Pearl rom. The numbers next to the Pokemon are their evolved form's numbers. If you notice, #463-476 all go in PokeDex order like the old Pokemon (for example, it would had been Lickitung, Rhydon, and Tangela, but now it's Lickitung evo, Rhydon evo, etc).
- Nosepass (#476) has an evolution.
- Porygon2 (#474) has an evolution (has lower defense and special defense, higher speed and special attack).
- Gligar (#472) has an evolution.
- Yanma (#469) has an evolution.
- Togetic (#468) has an evolution.
- Rhydon (#464) has an evolution.
- Tangela (#365) has an evolution.
- Lickitung has an evolution.
- Magneton (#462) has an evolution (lower speed, but higher stats in everything else).
- Magmar has an evolution.
- Murkrow has an evolution.
- There is some indication that Aipom has an evolution, but this has not been confirmed yet.
- For sure, Lucario has a pre-evolution (#447).
- Manaphy is breedable.
- We believe Eevee will have two new forms, Ice (65/60/110/65/130/95) and Grass (65/110/130/95/60/65). The stats are very similar to the five other Eeveelutions.
- Although not confirmed yet, the legendary trio may be comprised of Ghost types. There are three Pokemon towards the end of the Shinou list that are Ghost/Ghost, Ghost/Ice, and Ghost/Electric that have higher than normal stats.
- Pochama's final form is Water / Steel, Hikozaru's final form is Fire / Fighting, and Naetle's is Grass / Ground.
- The Pochama evolution posted yesterday is real, and evolves from Pochama at Level 16.
- New type combinations include Normal / Water, Ghost / Flying, Poison / Dark, Poison / Fighting, Grass / Ice, Steel / Dragon, and Ghost / Dragon.
- Lucario most likely has a pre-evolution. The Pokemon that comes before him is pure Fighting and has lower stats. Although, this does not mean for sure that he does.
- The Dragonite / Tyranitar / Metagross line of the Shinou region is apparently Psychic, although this has not been confirmed for sure yet.
- Check out the intro to Pearl by clicking here!
- Karanakushi - Sea Slug Pokemon. It lives at watersides. Its physical appearance varies depending on its environment.
- Riishan (Baby Chimecho) - Bell Pokemon. Riishan emits noise as it bounces. It uses high frequency cries to defeat its enemies.
The following images are from Memphis358.
- Hikozaru (Ember Monkey) -> Moukazaru (Inferno Monkey) -> Goukazaru (Hellfire Monkey)
- Pochama (Drip Lord) -> Pottaishi (Drip Prince) -> Empelt (Emperor Pelt) - as in little drops of rain "dripping" on you and a hard rain "pelting" on you.
- Naetle (Sapling Turtle) -> Hayashigame (Forest Turtle) -> Dodaitoise (Foundation Tortoise). Dodaitoise is classified as the Continent Pokemon. A herd of Dodaitoise in search of water and shelter is like a moving forest.
Wow, three updates in one day! Good thing about getting into a car accident and having to stay home for two days - constant updates on Diamond and Pearl, and right before they are released! You can be sure that any news will be here as soon as it appears on the internet, especially since we have had every new piece of Diamond and Pearl information revealed today here before anyone else! Also, please read the previous two updates if you have not been here today. Keep checking back for constant updates!
Pochama's Evolution? - This image just appeared on the internet, and we are unsure of its origin. It may be real considering how realistic the image looks, but then again, there is always the possibility that it is fake, so do not believe it for sure yet. There are some talented fakers our there, although I do not know why they would fake a new Pokemon so close to the release date. If there are any developments on this (possible) new Pokemon, we'll post them immediately! The first image is the original image, and the second one is a sharpened and color-adjusted picture.
EDIT #1: Added Pearl demo screenshots.
We have some exclusive Diamond and Pearl information right now that you will not see anywhere else. Bangiras will also be receiving the games soon, and when she does, she will be sending us all the information she finds! Also, if you have not been here today, please read the previous update to see a new Pokemon!
Information - The following information includes new attacks and numbers of several Pokemon.
- Lucario is #116.
- Roselia is #26.
- Rozureido is #27.
- Bonsly is #92 (Sudowoodo #93?).
- Lucario learns Ripple and First Place.
- Bonsly learns Copy, like Mime Jr.
- Pachirisu learns Spark, Swift, Charm, and Endure.
- Munchlax gets Lick, Screech, and Recycle as new moves.
- Perap learns Peck, Fury Attack, Growl, and Sing.
- Cherimu learns Sunny Day, Magical Leaf, Petal Dance, and Helping Hand.
- Rozureido's stats: 60/70/55/90/136/105, with 324/236/188/251/373/309 at level 100 (with a neutral nature - HP / Attack / Defense / Speed / Special Attack / Special Defense).
Pearl Demo Pictures - These images have no common origin, but I decided to put them up anyway. Click the links for the pictures. If anyone knows who took these pictures, please e-mail me so I can provide credit.
EDIT #1: Bangiras has translated new information, which can be seen below the scan.
Sorry for not updating yesterday. I was in a car accident with a friend who was taking me home from a Debate tournament, and the firemen made me go to the hospital via an ambulance (fun). I will update the site with clips from the Mastermind re-dub, as well as the new episode that aired over the weekend, either today or tomorrow. Also, wear seatbelts - they save your life, especially when someone driving 70 mph rams in to you and sends your car spinning four times into the middle of a busy intersection. ;)
One New Pokemon, Two New Names - And once again, we reveal a new Pokemon before anyone else, this time thanks to LilLatias. Vincent has translated the names as Nyaruma (the blue springy cat) and Mimiroru (the brown fluffy thing). The image is most likely real, since the style of the magazine page seems to be typical of previous scans we have seen (although you never know). Not to mention, the drawings of the two Pokemon look like typical Ken Sugimori artwork. Click the thumbnail below for a larger image.
- Mimiroru is Normal-type.
- It is the Rabbit Pokemon.
- Its abilities are Runaway, and (not 100% sure on this name) Multiply.
- Part of Mimiroru's name stems from the word "ear," and the other half cannot be deciphered because of the small size of the text.
- Nyaruma is also Normal-type.
- Its abilities are Own Tempo and Limber.
Sorry for not updating last night. I fell asleep too early. Today I will have the new episode(s) up either extremely late tonight or early tomorrow morning.
Lucario Movie Clips - With Mastermind clips tomorrow! If you like these clips, then go buy the movie from PokemonCenter.com or your local store. To open the clips, click the links.
[Bonsly Steals Food]
[Attack of the Regice!]
EDIT: I have been busy with school, and will not be able to update until later tonight (on Friday). By then, I will have some Loo-car-e-o stuff up. Random news: In Diamond and Pearl, the female Pikachu sprite has a sort of "cut / split" at the tip of its tail, while the male will obviously look like previous Pikachu. Check back later tonight for an update!
Mi mama kindly went out to Best Buy today and bought me Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, which was bundled with the new Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon special. Tomorrow, if I do not have a lot of homework, I may post some "stuff" from the movie. ;)
EX Dragon Frontiers Set Specs - We have new information on EX Dragon Frontiers! First off, there will be 67 Delta Species Pokemon and four regular Pokemon in the set. There will also be ten EX cards and two Pokemon-stars (Charizard, Mew). As for Trainer cards, there will be twelve of them, along with six special energy cards (Dark, Metal, Scramble, Boost, Double Rainbow, Delta Rainbow Energy?)! So for those of you who like to make set lists before the sets actually come out, there you go!
2006 Collector Tins - Gracias a Benlugia, we now have scans of the three EXs you can receive in the 2006 Collector Tins (the ones we reported about over two months ago). Click the thumbnails below for larger images.
PokeBeach Strategist Positions Open - Several of our Strategists are now busy with school and can no longer fulfill their duties, so we now have two positions open (and possibly more by the end of this week, although doubtful). If you feel that you have the mad skillz required to fill the positions, which means you will be writing one extensive card review each week, please private message DocRobot on our forums with your qualifications (and make a good impression). You MUST have good ranking in the TCG (as in, win stuff and place high a lot), use correct spelling and grammar (not grammer) usage, and be able to give out good advice to readers about cards (put all of your qualifications in your application). You must also be committed to writing every single week (you will know five weeks in advance what you will have to write, so you will have plenty of time), so if you miss one week, we will drop you. So, if you really think you can do it, PM Doc!
The games come out next Thursday in Japan! Only a little while longer until we see most of the new Pokemon! Then everyone can take a break from reporting on them all the time and just... play the games, maybe, or even take a nap!
New Diamond and Pearl Video - Nothing special, other than added effects to the 3D starter scenes and some more game footage revealed (elevators...).
New D/P Anime and Game Scans - Several new images have popped up on the internet pertaining to Diamond and Pearl, once again showing that new red-head character we saw several days ago. There are also several new game pictures, showing the Gym Leaders and what appears to be the Shinou map as well. We will have translations and information later today. Click the thumbnails below for larger images.
Sorry for not updating this weekend. I was busy with schoolwork and family time.
Sweet Baby James - I forgot to set my recorder on Saturday, so I missed the two new episodes. However, I managed to catch the re-run of "Sweet Baby James" today (at 5:30), and since I did not post it last week, I figured I would now. [Click here to view]. Cartoon Network will be showing re-runs every Sunday at 5:00 and 5:30 PM, so if you miss an episode, you can catch them there!
Site Suggestions - We will have several surprises within the next few weeks, mostly related to site content, and I am sure most of you will be happy with what we will be doing. However, in the mean time, we need some site suggestions and feedback from you guys! Sometimes I feel like I have to guess what you guys want, and it's so annoying to figure it out, especially since NO ONE TELLS ME (except those few of you that e-mail me). So, if you have any site suggestions or feedback, you can post them in this thread. As soon as next month starts, I am going to be extremely busy with school, more than I have ever been in my entire life (with college admissions and all), so I have to get to work now if I want to get anything done. Post away!
New Shinou Map - This map is highly detailed and shows how large the region of Shinou truly is! It seems like it will be a diverse region, as usual, and pretty packed. Click the thumbnail below for a larger image.
Pikachu on MSN - First Pokemon was on Wikipedia's front page a month or so ago, and now it made it to MSN.com's front page! This was on Saturday, by the way. Power to Pokemon! Click the thumbnail for a larger picture.