PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Hello PokeBeach readers! Isaiah here, and I am happy to be writing another article for you all! Last time, I covered the Fusion Strike Energy variant of Mew VMAX, which saw disappointing results at the San Diego Regional Championship. While I still think the deck is strong, I think the meta was in a more unfavorable spot for it than I had predicted. But what is life without a few incorrect predictions?
San Diego was filled to the brim with unpredictable results, from the composition of Top 8 to the deck that ultimately won the event. In the Top 8, we saw just a single Lugia VSTAR deck, which is a record low since the deck became legal at the beginning of December. Instead, the Top 8 of the San Diego Regional...

Continue reading...

LilTone96TTV

Aspiring Trainer
I feel like the fusion energy variant of Mew VMAX is just inconsistent. Most decks in the current meta are really high tempo and thats were fusion energy variant falls short of. DTE Mew just keeps up the quick KOs.

ColinFerguson

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Thanks for the article. I have to disagree with your characterization of Regieleki EVS being basically useless outside if the Lugia matchup (and Palkia, obviously). I've found the Teraspark attack to be quite useful against VMAX decks. If you put a little damage on a benched pokemon early, then you can often get a KO with Regigigas without needing a choice belt.

jmkrav

Aspiring Trainer
Thanks for the article. I have to disagree with your characterization of Regieleki EVS being basically useless outside if the Lugia matchup (and Palkia, obviously). I've found the Teraspark attack to be quite useful against VMAX decks. If you put a little damage on a benched pokemon early, then you can often get a KO with Regigigas without needing a choice belt.
Regieleki also hurts lost box. If you can get it up and attack a second time you can knock 2 comfey off the bench along with taking out an active cramprant/sableye etc

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Regieleki also hurts lost box. If you can get it up and attack a second time you can knock 2 comfey off the bench along with taking out an active cramprant/sableye etc
Lost Box usually plays Manaphy, though.