PokéBeach.com Forums

PG24
PG24
trappers are utter shit outside of shadow tag. maybe you're right in uu where their flaws are less noticeable, allowing them to trap easier.
One Approved
One Approved
I forgot you haven't played in a while. They're discussing whether to ban Gothitelle, Gothitelle and Gothorita, or Shadow Tag as a whole from OU last I heard. There's a really stupid stall team that's running around abusing Gothitelle, I'll see if I can find more on it.
PG24
PG24
I have already seen what you're talking about (the core of Sableye + Scarf Gothitelle). I think in that case it is uncompetitive by nearly guaranteeing it executes correctly. The argument that Shadow Tag removes any possible counterplay was already the main point for its uncompetiveness, but the fact that core does so to perfection only cements the argument.
PG24
PG24
Wobufett is debatable though. I use it and like it for its use /if/ done right. Wobuffet is not uncompetitive because it takes correct execution and can be prevented if played right. From what I've heard, there is no way to do this vs Goth and Sableye.
One Approved
One Approved
Yeah Wobbs is pretty debatable. When it's used properly tho it's rly dum. I saw somebody using it and they tickled the dude to -6/-6. Like bruuuuuuuuh
PG24
PG24
God, my favorite thing to do was get Wobbs behind a sub with Lopunny. Counter and Mirror Coat are ridiculous when you're bouncing back damage from hard hitters without taking a single scratch.

Too bad Wobbs + Tyranitar is a dead giveaway on team preview. I can see people falling for it tho since Wobbs is pretty uncommon.