PokéBeach.com Forums

Skeleton Liar
Skeleton Liar
Yeah, they're definitely fantastic! Full disclosure, though, I don't have one, myself. (Unless you consider Ninjago City and Ninjago City Docks to at least be along the same lines.) I'd like to get Downtown Diner, though.
Scoop
Scoop
Downtown Diner's a great one, and I'm pretty sure it's still in production too. I'm personally trying to go after the Detective's Office even though that's a bit hard to find now. I missed out on Ninjago/Docks back a few years ago but those are lovely sets!
Skeleton Liar
Skeleton Liar
It is, but my problem is that I always end up wanting something else more than the modular buildings, so I haven't gotten around to Downtown Diner yet. The Detective's Office is really nice too! My brother in law has it.
Scoop
Scoop
It's funny, because I think I might just be the opposite-the Modulars are pretty much the only thing that DOES appeal to me anymore, besides a few Ideas sets here and there (like the Pirate one that got approved last year). I'm big on Castle and Pirates, and the lack of them is kinda what pushed me out of the hobby for a long time.
Scoop
Scoop
I honestly really do regret not getting the old ones back in the day though. I always WANTED some of them, but either I was too into Star Wars or whatever it was I liked then or I was burned out of the hobby in general after that.

(Sorry, the message was too long and I had to split it into two oops)
Skeleton Liar
Skeleton Liar
Well, they ARE pretty much the most impressive and intricate sets that Lego makes regularly. (I suppose aside from the Star Wars UCS sets.) So that's totally understandable. And yeah, not just from a completion standpoint, but also in value, those older ones would've been amazing to have. But I dunno. I guess I just get sidetracked by other sets/themes to fully commit to getting them.
Scoop
Scoop
Oh god, the early ones, those get ridiculous. I may just hunt out the pieces, maybe make a few tiny substitutions. Thankfully one of the most expensive ones, Market Street, is also the worst looking one so that saves me a lot of time and money, lol.

I totally get being sidetracked though-it's why some things I've been wanting to own get pushed back a lot (like the Gameboy Player I've wanted since age 12, lol)
Skeleton Liar
Skeleton Liar
Man, I feel the same about the newer UCS Millennium Falcon, rather than forking over $800. But even just the exclusive pieces total around $100, last I checked.

Oh, yeah! I wanted that so much when it was out. On a very similar note, I've been wanting a special edition GBA SP for... what, well over 15 years now? It was for Boktai, and the GBA SP was exclusive to Japan.