“ex Battle Decks” Featuring Chien-Pao ex and Tinkaton ex Revealed for July!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The “ex Battle Decks” featuring Tinkaton ex or Chien-Pao ex have now been revealed! As we posted before, they will release on July 14th for $9.99 each.

Pokemon-TCG-Chien-Pao-ex-Battle-Deck_EN-1065x2000-1478e37-160x300.jpg

Pokemon-TCG-Tinkaton-ex-Battle-Deck_EN-1065x2000-1478e37-160x300.jpg

Chien-Pao ex (promo #030) is an alternate art promo that hasn’t been released in Japan yet; this means its regular print will remain in our Paldea Evolved set.
Tinkaton ex (promo #031) would have released in Paldea Evolved, but it’ll be cut from the set and turned into a promo for this deck. This is the same as Lucario ex and Ampharos ex, which were cut from Scarlet & Violet because of their own...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
The upcoming Palkia League Battle Deck + this Chien Pao deck will be a very easy way to get a decent competitive deck.

That said I look forward to try and make Tinkaton ex into a fun deck that can steal wins from the best in the meta, with cards like Rapid Strike Milotic to deal with Judge and the soon to be 4 of in almost every deck Iono.

I'm really looking forward, since the end of Sun&Moon, that the TCG is getting more accessible. But I'm worried about Chien-Pao getting abused since it can search for water energies and with Baxcalibur and O-Palkia with sky seal stone could win the game in 4 turns very easily with Path/Klefki not really a big counter to it. I see this being one of the top decks below Lost Box and and before Mew VMAX

I'm really looking forward, since the end of Sun&Moon, that the TCG is getting more accessible. But I'm worried about Chien-Pao getting abused since it can search for water energies and with Baxcalibur and O-Palkia with sky seal stone could win the game in 4 turns very easily with Path/Klefki not really a big counter to it. I see this being one of the top decks below Lost Box and and before Mew VMAX
Not sure what you plan to do with Sky Seal Stone there. Only Basic Pokemon V can use its effect, and basic Palkia V isn't going to be using it efficiently.

Not sure what you plan to do with Sky Seal Stone there. Only Basic Pokemon V can use its effect, and basic Palkia V isn't going to be using it efficiently.
Oh I didn't know that I thought it was able to used on any V, because I swear I used Forest Seal Stone with Mew VMAX on PTCGL

You technically can activate the vstar power by attaching it to any V, but the VStar power is "if one of your basic Pokémon V knocks out an opposing Pokémon Vmax or VStar, take an extra prize card". So the Pokémon the Sky Seal Stone is attached to doesn't have to be the one to do the knocking out, but there does have to be a basic V capable of knocking out a Vmax or Vstar or the power is used but does nothing.

Back