“Houndstone ex Box” Releasing in October!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
To celebrate Halloween, a new “Houndstone ex Box” will release on October 4th for $21.99!

Houndstone-ex-Box-200x178.jpg

Houndstone-ex-Box-Back-200x150.jpg

It will be configured like recent ex Boxes, coming with a Houndstone ex promo, a jumbo version, a holo Greavard from Obsidian Flames, four booster packs, and a code card.
Houndstone ex comes from Japan’s Battle Academy. The remaining unreleased cards from Battle Academy will be thrown into our Stellar Crown set this September, which means this will be one less filler card in our set.

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Hey, I’m all for less objectively bad filler cards in the main set. If anyone really wants this they can buy the ex box. I wish they did that for the other Battle Academy cards so there would be no filler, but at least there don’t seem to be as many in Stellar Crown compared to Fusion Strike, which felt really bogged down by the filler V cards in my experience

Last edited:
Hey, I’m all for less objectively bad filler cards in the main set. If anyone really wants this they can buy the ex box. I wish they did that for the other Battle Academy cards so there would be no filler, but at least there don’t seem to be as many in Stellar Crown compared to Fusion Strike, which felt really bogged down by the filler V cards in my experience
I think the biggest problem with Fusion Strike was the fact that they dumped ALL the Battle Academy cards in it and then reprinted them in the product. This time around, at least, they took several out and made them all promos for the product, and the ones they didn't use in it are being pushed to the sets.

Even though it's great that this exists to remove a bit of annoying filler from an actual set, I can't help but be amused at its existence...what a pathetic card. "Horrifying Fang"? Maybe to the person who plays the card...

Even though it's great that this exists to remove a bit of annoying filler from an actual set, I can't help but be amused at its existence...what a pathetic card. "Horrifying Fang"? Maybe to the person who plays the card...
I wish, instead of two gen one-focuses sets, they would've done a ghost type focused set since that would actually match this generation. The last one we got was PHANTOM FORCES. IN X AND Y.

Houndstone, Flutter Mane, Brambleghast, Ceruledge, Mismagius, Polteageist, Trevenant, Golurk, Palossand, Mimikyu, Dusknoir, Drifblim, Banette, Sabeleye...all of these ghost types are in Scar/Vi. The potential was endless.

Back