“Pokemon TCG Pocket” to Release on October 30th!

Looks like it will have in app purchases and a monthly pass. Maybe a battle pass?

View attachment 19722
Based on it being a monthly pass it probably isnt a battle pass, and rather a pass which gives you daily bonuses which could in this case be an extra free pack or the "gems" of this game. I imagine it will be somewhat similar to a gacha given that DeNA is one of the devs so it seems likely.

On the one hand it's nice to see a release date but I'm more worried about the lack of gameplay footage.
My guess is, that it's only marketing. They specifically want to promote the game for card collector, because player will most likely check it out anyways.

So I think the lack of gameplay isn't, because it isn't ready or bad. But instead, because they targeted another player base with their trailer.

Might be wrong tho.

My guess is, that it's only marketing. They specifically want to promote the game for card collector, because player will most likely check it out anyways.

So I think the lack of gameplay isn't, because it isn't ready or bad. But instead, because they targeted another player base with their trailer.

Might be wrong tho.
I'm pretty sure this is it. They recognize what the average fan is looking for which is the fancy new way to open up cards and experience those immersive effects. I'm sure the battling side of things is gonna be good but to them its just one feature of the app, and its not the main feature.

Back