“Shrouded Fable” Set Guide! Card Images, Special Reverse Holos, and Product List!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
TPCi has revealed all Shrouded Fable cards! The set features Pecharunt and the Loyal Three. It will release on August 2nd.
The set consists of 99 cards: 64 cards in its main set and 35 secret rares. It’s a relatively small set.

SV6pt5_EN_90-2x-143x200.png

SV6pt5_EN_91-2x-143x200.png

SV6pt5_EN_92-2x-143x200.png

SV6pt5_EN_93-2x-143x200.png

Shrouded Fable packs can come with reverse holo Basic Energy! This is a feature we only see with some special sets.

Grass-Energy-Reverse-Holo-Shrouded-Fable-143x200.jpg

Water-Energy-Reverse-Holo-146x200.jpg

The set features a special design for its reverse holos. The...

Continue reading...

Some of these translations are silly. "Oh No You Don't" and "Flip the Script" are very good. "Powerglass" is also incredible. And then there's stuff like "Academy at Night" which feels like a bit of a downgrade. In any case, excited for the set to drop on PTCGL in a couple days :)

I feel like this set could’ve been a full set and not a special one. Looks fine though
its only a money move. They could have simply included it in stellar crown and pull that one forward, since it is out in Japan for a while by the time (+ being it already getting illegally opened on the internet, its already been printed as well)

edit: and as much as I love those promos, I wish they would be included in the special set they belong too and we would have gotten the three DLC Pokemon as promos instead. The whole set (despite nice designs and products) feels half baked.

Some of these translations are silly. "Oh No You Don't" and "Flip the Script" are very good. "Powerglass" is also incredible. And then there's stuff like "Academy at Night" which feels like a bit of a downgrade. In any case, excited for the set to drop on PTCGL in a couple days :)
Yep, those first three are funny translations. "Academy at Night" may seem like a downgrade, but it's technically more accurate, as the academy in Mesagosa does not hold classes at night and the events taking place there at night during the story were in violation of the school's rules.

This is why I like Digital Scans, most especially on Illustration Rares because you can fully appreciate the artwork without those egrigious holo patterns that obstruct the view. SCR Crabominable really ruined the greatness because of that holo pattern, in which they revealed in Japan.

Honestly, it it was called 'power hourglass' instead of 'powerglass' I would have rioted

its only a money move. They could have simply included it in stellar crown and pull that one forward, since it is out in Japan for a while by the time (+ being it already getting illegally opened on the internet, its already been printed as well)

edit: and as much as I love those promos, I wish they would be included in the special set they belong too and we would have gotten the three DLC Pokemon as promos instead. The whole set (despite nice designs and products) feels half baked.
I'm not sure it's 100% a money move. Having 20 ex pokemon in Stellar Crown would be too many, especially with almost all of them having full arts and the 4 dark types having SIR's as well. The set would probably feel really bloated.

Also since SCR already has the gimmick or sell of 'stellar tera' pokemon, having SFA in there would have the pokemon company say "Oh yeah also here's 4 dark types that are all part of a sort of group, you should care about them too." Which theming-wise would feel very odd, to me at least.

I'm not sure it's 100% a money move. Having 20 ex pokemon in Stellar Crown would be too many, especially with almost all of them having full arts and the 4 dark types having SIR's as well. The set would probably feel really bloated.

Also since SCR already has the gimmick or sell of 'stellar tera' pokemon, having SFA in there would have the pokemon company say "Oh yeah also here's 4 dark types that are all part of a sort of group, you should care about them too." Which theming-wise would feel very odd, to me at least.
but three of those SIRs are from the last set and have been shoved into this one.

Shrouded Fable is more of a player's set than a money set, due to the lack of big chase cards.

Chase cards:
Zorua
Persian
Horsea?
Bewear?
Loyal Three Normal/ex (Alt Arts)
Pecharunt ex (Alt Art)
Cassiopia (Alt Art)
Earthen Vessel

Competitive pulls:
Pecharunt ex
Okidogi ex
Fezandipiti ex
 Crobat
Binding Mochi
Janine's Secret Art
Cassiopia
Xerosic's Machinations
Ursaluna
Dartrix
Zoroark
Powerglass
Neutralization Zone (until Stellar Crown, and Area Zero takes over the format)

Due to the set being relatively small, the pull rates should be pretty good.

but three of those SIRs are from the last set and have been shoved into this one.
No, they weren't. The SIRs are from Night Wanderer, the IRs of the Loyal Three are the ones that should've been in Twilight Masquerade.
Also, the fact that they were cut from Twilight Masquerade has nothing to do with the fact that these cards don't fit thematically with Stellar Crown.

Back