“Surging Sparks” Prerelease Promos Revealed!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The prerelease promos for Surging Sparks have been revealed alongside its Build & Battle Kit!

Surging-Sparks-Prerelease-Promos-300x169.jpg

The Indeedee and Chien-Pao haven’t been seen before, but presumably they’ll be part of Japan’s Paradise Dragona or Supercharged Breaker. Magneton was revealed earlier today in the Surging Sparks Elite Trainer Box. Gouging Fire is from Paradise Dragona.
All four cards feature new artwork.
You can see all Surging Sparks products here.

Continue reading...

Magneton looks like the "tatsugiri searching for caretaker" promo, great in standard play but really questionable with a prerelease format's restrictions.

Magneton looks like the "tatsugiri searching for caretaker" promo, great in standard play but really questionable with a prerelease format's restrictions.
Magneton just wins, right?
I mean, I suppose the argument in favor is probably "more flexibility out-setting up your opponent in the late game if you manage to get a Magneton set up?" I'm guessing setup can be a little spotty in these formats, so you might get lucky and catch your opponent without a Pokémon to continue taking prizes with. But I'm not familiar enough with the prerelease play style.

I mean, I suppose the argument in favor is probably "more flexibility out-setting up your opponent in the late game if you manage to get a Magneton set up?" I'm guessing setup can be a little spotty in these formats, so you might get lucky and catch your opponent without a Pokémon to continue taking prizes with. But I'm not familiar enough with the prerelease play style.
Usually it feels like everything takes a while to set up, so I was thinking just slap down a magneton and then blast energies into play.

EDIT: Oh, the energies are attached from the discard. Magneton does NOT just win.

Looking at the font and the exposed text on Chien-Pao's ability, it might says, Draw 2 cards when you benched it.

Back