(1) Honedge's Evolution Revealed [9/25]

Bisharp'sCloak

Aspiring Trainer
I'm not gonna lie here. I REALLY did not expect the evolution to be Honedge's. I didn't even expect Honedge to even have an evolution.

Frezgle

Winged Death
Time to sit back and watch a thousand people complain about "uncreativity", whilst a thousand more people point out that these exist:
[animate]magneton[/animate][animate]dugtrio[/animate]

I like it though. The purple looks nice :D

Zielo

Caught 'em all.
It's.... meh. Its alright I guess. I can't help but to feel disappointed that an evolution from a previous gen wasn't revealed. And I really can't complain about it just being two Honedge stuck together, because Magneton, Dugtrio, Dodrio, and Weezing.

I don't care too much for the pink fabric being used, I think a dark yellow or purple would have looked better. I do kinda like how the design looks somewhat like a midevil shield style, the kind that are for display and would hang up in front of a doorway or something.

beaulier

Aspiring Trainer
Ok, I‘m kind of angry right now... The hype left me thinking that it would be an evo for a previous gen poké. And they could have gone a much better route than the diglett magnemite etc route for Honedge.

jstar21

Team Froakie & Goomy
I like it, though I can't see this as being it's final form. Maybe a suit of armor with the blades on its back or just a ghostly shadow shaped like armor holding the swords...I don't know

Past experience shows us that GF loves 3's so...

SavvyJackal

Aspiring Trainer
I'm not a fan of item Pokemon, so I'm pretty disappointed in this. I can't really complain about the design itself, but I really would've liked to see a different evolution (Helioptile's or something).

Damian_Winters

King of Heroes and Pokemon
Well this is... interesting, Looks cool so I can't complain I suppose. It's a bit lazy though...but hey what else could you do to make a sword evolve? A larger sword? Not gonna complain, could have been alot worse. :p

Whitefire

Don't Hold It Against Us
Well. This is crap. Even worse it turns PINK.
Honedge was fine as a standalone. This I don't even what.

It could have looked even more dumb, I suppose. Well all I can do is not have it on my team, same as any mon I don't like.

[warning this post contains personal opinion]

Bisharp'sCloak

Aspiring Trainer
Tsukeo said:
I for one, know that this will make it onto my team. :>

If I ever had a 3DS and got the game, then I would definitely try to catch a Honedge, but I'd prefer it to be a Honedge, that is unless it has a magnificent third evolution :p

nightkeeper

defending the night
Tsukeo said:
I for one, know that this will make it onto my team. :>

This doesn't surprise me, seeing your avatar! :p

Will Doublade be able to live up to the awesomeness that was Chandelure?

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
Considering Honedge has 'one' in it in several languages, and Doublade has the word 'double' in its name, it seems likely that we'll see a 3rd stage in the line.

That aside, I really like Doublade.
Maybe its this gens psuedo legend? It would certainly be an interesting choice, and would be a welcome break from all the dragons.
(unless they pull it like Hoenn and have Honedge's line as well as a dragon line or something)

Zielo

Caught 'em all.
It would be interesting if it actually took two Honedge in your party to evolve and create one Doublade.

Damian_Winters

King of Heroes and Pokemon
Zielo said:
It would be interesting if it actually took two Honedge in your party to evolve and create one Doublade.

That would be an interesting concept, they said they wanted to do new evolution methods so who knows?

Bisharp'sCloak

Aspiring Trainer
P.DelSlayer said:
Considering Honedge has 'one' in it in several languages, and Doublade has the word 'double' in its name, it seems likely that we'll see a 3rd stage in the line.

That aside, I really like Doublade.
Maybe its this gens psuedo legend? It would certainly be an interesting choice, and would be a welcome break from all the dragons.
(unless they pull it like Hoenn and have Honedge's line as well as a dragon line or something)

Not to sound like a dunce or anything, but what makes a Pokémon a pseudo legend? Does it have to come right before the legendaries?