(1) New 'PokePark Wii' Screenshots [10/30]

The screenshots look amazing. :3 I especially like the pillar-filled image in the bottom left corner of that big image (the one with Charizard). I hope it has Arceus, or something... ;D

Xous said:
The screenshots look amazing. :3 I especially like the pillar-filled image in the bottom left corner of that big image (the one with Charizard). I hope it has Arceus, or something... ;D

I thought that was an Arcanine.

Man that look like a cool game. Too bad I don't have a Wii. I hope they make a DS version of the games so those who have a DS can play it and interact with the Wii when they can.:)

Noobnerd said:
Am I the only guy who thinks the game's graphics really suck?

You'd be the first I've seen so far.

The game looks quite stunning to me graphically, and I was not expecting what we have to be quite honest. I'm really looking forward to this game now.

The graphics don't make the game. It's the gameplay and story that count. Just look at Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask. Anyway I think the graphics are perfect for this type of game.

Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask had very good graphics for their time. This game has pretty graphics regardless, so saying that the game has sucky graphics means that you probably have super high, unrealistic standards for a Wii game and have never seen Gen 1 models on PBR.

That said, this game actually looks *good*, may make up for Pokemon Channel, which disappointed me after Hey You! Pikachu, which was awesome and had a story that was actually good now that I think about it.

Seems to take the core concepts from PMD (no humans and understanding each other) and Pokemon Ranger (should be obvious) and combine them with an action adventure game. I assume they mean the core exploring, recruiting (including battling and racing), and talking with other Pokemon by "Trail of Strength". *shrugs* Using Charizard in the Sky Race shooting fireballs looks to be a highlight of the game. That is enough to make me get it.

Seems to be a solid, enjoyable game so far. We'll see how good it actually is when it releases.

dmaster: Click the big image in the lower right corner, then look in the lower left corner of *that*. That is the picture he meant, it confused me at first too, don't worry.

^What? I haven't even posted in here yet lol.

The game doesn't sound that good. Only good thing is the Gyarados water race.

dmaster out.

dmaster said:
^What? I haven't even posted in here yet lol.

The game doesn't sound that good. Only good thing is the Gyarados water race.

dmaster out.
What he said.

I didn't say the game was bad; I said the graphics were bad. I did not indicate anywhere that graphics make a game. If not I wouldn't be on this site, for the Pokemon games have graphics that belong to the previous generation. Using Ocarina of Time as an example for a game with poor graphics is not a convincing argument, as OoT is over 9000 years old and belongs to the fifth generation of consoles. Besides, the graphics were excellent for its time.

I'd say the graphics look good now, but we really have to wait for actual videos of the gameplay. A recurring theme in Pokemon games is that the screen shots look nice, but in action everything looks clunky and awkward (the most notable example being PBR). Hopefully this game breaks that trend.

Personally I'm not expecting much from this game- that's not to say it will be bad, it's just clearly a game made for kids that will probably not keep an adult interested. None of the attractions look remotely fun to me, but I'm sure the younger Pokemon fans will get a kick out of them.

The graphics are pretty good. I think that they'll be really good once they actually hit the system. PBR graphics actually looked a bit worse than this I think. Maybe it's because there's more... action involved with this game I guess?

This screenshot interests me the most for some reason. It shows the controls pretty well without really giving away too much about it (look at the one with Pikachu and the Feralagatr and the one with Snorlax). Lots of interaction going on here. I'm eager to see how good this will really be.

Back