(1) This Week's 'Pokemon X' and 'Y' News Releases [6/10]

I'm thinking that Mewtwo's new forme will be talked about (types, how it differentiates from original Mewtwo etc), and if Mewtwo gets a second new forme then it will be revealed here as well.

Then Sylveon's type will be revealed, along with the rumoured Fairy type, and more info on Xerneas and Yveltal (types, backstory).

(a rumour from 4chan which is immediately fake says something about an Echo type being leaked; the legendaries will be Fairy and Echo/Flying respectively. Take it as fake, we all know what 4chan's like.)

Fairy type and Mewtwo's other form revealed. Explaining the Fairy type will take a while so I believe that those 2 would probably be the only information (maybe even 1 new Pokemon but I expect nothing more).

Now, which will happen first, Corocoro leaking or E3? I would guess that the Japanese website will reveal just after E3 takes place.

It's happening!
At this point, anyone doubting Sylveon is a new type is delusional. It's been almost 4 months since it's reveal. If it was Flying, Normal, Bug or heck even Dragon its typing would've been revealed already. I'm thinking E3 will reveal the new Fairy/Cosmic/Light/Love/Pink type, along with more info on Mewtwo's new form(s).

Please no fairy type! Aside from countering dragon there is no real reason for it.

I would like a second mewtwo form, maybe an attack form, a defense form, and its original form would be a special attack/special defense based. Or an x/y/original form.

Hopefully they reveal the legendaries types and the starter evos.

Reggie McGigas said:
Please no fairy type! Aside from countering dragon there is no real reason for it.

I would like a second mewtwo form, maybe an attack form, a defense form, and its original form would be a special attack/special defense based. Or an x/y/original form.

It isn't just countering Dragons that Fairy is doing, it's also giving Poison and Steel much needed offensive boosts.
It's almost like they're trying to make Fairy type very good in competitive, given that both its weaknesses are uncommon attacking types (they aren't seen out of STAB that much, and even then they aren't always included in movesets), and it has an immunity to arguably the best offensive type in the game. Giving Fire/Psychic resistances isn't bad either.
I'm hoping that with them adding Fairy type to the chart they'll also fix a couple other types (giving Ice more resistances and taking a weakness out etc)

I don't know how you can be so against a whole type, I mean I perfectly understand depending on designs, stats, and other whatnots, but to say that a whole type is bad, you're the first example I've actually seen. Is it the concept you hate, or what...? It's not unneccesary, you could argue that Dark could fall into the same category as Ghost, Ground and Rock etc. It's more unique than a lot of new type ideas, and I for one am personally looking forward to this potential new type. #fairies4ever

Your Mewtwo theory sounds good, one idea I had would be that since current Mewtwo is obviously supposed to be a special sweeper, then we'd get a defensive Mewtwo and a physical sweeper Mewtwo.

I think that the legendary typings being revealed is very likely; if Xern is a Fairy type I can see it being showcased like 'look at this new typed legendary!' A mascot legend and an Eeveelution would be perfect to showcase a new type with, considering Xern will most likely star in Movie 17 and Sylveon will be featured in the M16 short.

I doubt the starter evolutions will be revealed this early. In D/P, I think that we didn't know what they were until the games were first played. In B/W, we got the anime reference sheet, which leaked Servine and Dewott. We then got Hiro's leak about a month before game release, and then they were officially revealed in CoroCoro around 3 days before the games were actually released (iirc). So don't expect them until a month/a short time before the games actual release. We may even get what happened with D/P, and not have them revealed at all before we get the games.

P.DelSlayer said:
Reggie McGigas said:

It isn't just countering Dragons that Fairy is doing, it's also giving Poison and Steel much needed offensive boosts.
It's almost like they're trying to make Fairy type very good in competitive, given that both its weaknesses are uncommon attacking types (they aren't seen out of STAB that much, and even then they aren't always included in movesets), and it has an immunity to arguably the best offensive type in the game. Giving Fire/Psychic resistances isn't bad either.
I'm hoping that with them adding Fairy type to the chart they'll also fix a couple other types (giving Ice more resistances and taking a weakness out etc)

I don't know how you can be so against a whole type, I mean I perfectly understand depending on designs, stats, and other whatnots, but to say that a whole type is bad, you're the first example I've actually seen. Is it the concept you hate, or what...? It's not unneccesary, you could argue that Dark could fall into the same category as Ghost, Ground and Rock etc. It's more unique than a lot of new type ideas, and I for one am personally looking forward to this potential new type. #fairies4ever

Your Mewtwo theory sounds good, one idea I had would be that since current Mewtwo is obviously supposed to be a special sweeper, then we'd get a defensive Mewtwo and a physical sweeper Mewtwo.

I think that the legendary typings being revealed is very likely; if Xern is a Fairy type I can see it being showcased like 'look at this new typed legendary!' A mascot legend and an Eeveelution would be perfect to showcase a new type with, considering Xern will most likely star in Movie 17 and Sylveon will be featured in the M16 short.

I doubt the starter evolutions will be revealed this early. In D/P, I think that we didn't know what they were until the games were first played. In B/W, we got the anime reference sheet, which leaked Servine and Dewott. We then got Hiro's leak about a month before game release, and then they were officially revealed in CoroCoro around 3 days before the games were actually released (iirc). So don't expect them until a month/a short time before the games actual release. We may even get what happened with D/P, and not have them revealed at all before we get the games.

Just noticing, if the fairy type WAS real, then why would they make one of their legendaries a fairy but not the other. It seems that if fairy was real then they are almost forcing us to pick X and choose Fennekin, so you can get a fairy legendary and a starter that counters it.

Reggie McGigas said:
Just noticing, if the fairy type WAS real, then why would they make one of their legendaries a fairy but not the other. It seems that if fairy was real then they are almost forcing us to pick X and choose Fennekin, so you can get a fairy legendary and a starter that counters it.

Why would both mascots be fairy-types? I believe the only reason we don't know the mascots' types yet is because one (and not both) is fairy, because they wouldn't reveal Yveltal's type without revealing Xerneas type, too.
If you think about it, if Xerneas is Fairy-type and Yveltal is Dark-type like it's majorly assumed, then it makes sense that only one is fairy, as they are supposed to be opposites (Fairy being super effective against Dark [as the leaker stated] helps with that, like Kyogre and Groudon)...
And why would Xerneas being a Fairy-type influence the choice over which game to buy? Just because it's a new type? I'll pick Y anyway, it doesn't affect me at all... Plus, there will be more fairy-type pokémon other than Sylveon and Xerneas, even other legendaries maybe...

Was there also going to be some video streaming of the event? I remember something about a pokemon-centric Nintendo Direct around 6 tomorrow, but maybe that's just what I want to happen

Metalizard said:
Reggie McGigas said:

Why would both mascots be fairy-types? I believe the only reason we don't know the mascots' types yet is because one (and not both) is fairy, because they wouldn't reveal Yveltal's type without revealing Xerneas type, too.
If you think about it, if Xerneas is Fairy-type and Yveltal is Dark-type like it's majorly assumed, then it makes sense that only one is fairy, as they are supposed to be opposites (Fairy being super effective against Dark [as the leaker stated] helps with that, like Kyogre and Groudon)...
And why would Xerneas being a Fairy-type influence the choice over which game to buy? Just because it's a new type? I'll pick Y anyway, it doesn't affect me at all... Plus, there will be more fairy-type pokémon other than Sylveon and Xerneas, even other legendaries maybe...

If Fairy beats dark, then they are forcing us to buy X even more. (Type advantage)

Also, Xerneas would heavily influence the choice of which game to pick. Would you rather get the game that has the new type-legendary or the game that has the legendary with the old type. Most people would flock to X and try out the new type. I'm getting Y either way but X would sell more then Y thanks to X featuring a new type with Xerneas.

EDIT: I should note that if fairy was real it would be cool to be weak to flying and strong to dark, then Xerneas and Yveleltal are somewhat equal.

Reggie McGigas said:
Metalizard said:

If Fairy beats dark, then they are forcing us to buy X even more. (Type advantage)

Also, Xerneas would heavily influence the choice of which game to pick. Would you rather get the game that has the new type-legendary or the game that has the legendary with the old type. Most people would flock to X and try out the new type. I'm getting Y either way but X would sell more then Y thanks to X featuring a new type with Xerneas.

EDIT: I should note that if fairy was real it would be cool to be weak to flying and strong to dark, then Xerneas and Yveleltal are somewhat equal.

I used to think that for a while, but then I factored in the fairy-type haters, the people who will automatically get both versions (me), and the people that still want Y because they like Yveltal's design better. I think sales will still be fairly equal.

Reggie McGigas said:
Metalizard said:

At first, I guessed Xerneas was Electric/Psychic, but if it does turn out to be a Fairy-type, then maybe its Fairy/Grass, to even out against Yveltal if it is Dark/Flying.

I've been speculating that dual types cancelling each other out would be a little theme around the starters and cover legendaries. If the starters' final evos really are Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic and Water/Fighting, then they would have equal playing ground against each other.

If the starters' final evos really are Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic and Water/Fighting, then they would have equal playing ground against each other.
Not exactly, since there's an immunity (Psychic vs Dark) where a resistance should be. So it is not exactly equal. Besides, it's not like Dark-Psychic-Fighting is the only other 3 member loop.

I personally am hoping the type isn't Fairy, but more something like "Magical" or something along those lines. After all, Sylveon is the Magical Girl of Eeveelutions, so why not?

Reggie McGigas said:
Metalizard said:

Everything you're saying is just a personal assumption though. You think that because the franchise we all love offers a new typing, which is major, that it should appeal to everyone. Plus, you're only considering the legendaries, not all of the new type Pokémon that people would also encounter along the way. I'm buying X, because I personally like the design of Xerneas. Normally I think people buy their versions based off of what mascot they prefer. In gen 3, all of my friends had Ruby and I had Sapphire. Clearly a type advantage doesn't matter to the players. Especially since really that part of the game doesn't come until towards the end anyways.

Sorry, you are just SO against fairy more than anyone else and it makes me want it even more.

DNA said:
If the starters' final evos really are Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic and Water/Fighting, then they would have equal playing ground against each other.
Not exactly, since there's an immunity (Psychic vs Dark) where a resistance should be. So it is not exactly equal. Besides, it's not like Dark-Psychic-Fighting is the only other 3 member loop.

I personally am hoping the type isn't Fairy, but more something like "Magical" or something along those lines. After all, Sylveon is the Magical Girl of Eeveelutions, so why not?

I definitely want a fairy type, but I wouldn't mind if it was called magic, or celestial.
I would actually prefer a celestial type.

I definitely want a fairy type, but I wouldn't mind if it was called magic, or celestial.
I would actually prefer a celestial type.
Fairy, as a name, I feel, could be better. I am not adverse to the idea of a new type. I just think it could be a better name.
At least it could be worse. At least it's not Light or Sound or Time or anything like that.

Sorry, you are just SO against fairy more than anyone else and it makes me want it even more.
I see you also find tears delicious.

Oh my god, can we not turn this into the dozenth thread arguing about Fairy? It's getting ridiculous.

Anyway: it's not the Pokémon Q & A, but the main Nintendo Direct is probably still worth watching (it might have a new trailer or something, just not any in-depth information). It's airing in a little over 6 hours from now, and you can watch it right here - there's even a handy little countdown clock so you can keep track. I'm gonna try to watch it live, but thre's a decent chance I'll just sleep in instead, because it's at 7 a.m. for me.

While I usually don't make my choice until version-exclusive Pokémon are announced, I've more or less decided on getting X just because I think Xerneas is cooler than Yveltal. >_> I'm also excited for Fairy-type, so there you go.

WPM, I'm trusting you to have some good info up from the E3 stuff by the time I get up in the morning, since everything is taking place while I'm busy or asleep!

Back