(1) Victini Download for Movie 14's Theaters; Future Predictions [1/15]

If Keldeo isn't the gift for pre-ordering movie tickets, which it should be, then I don't think it will be featured in any movie. It's pretty stupid to insist on applying precedents if a pattern has just been broken; the other event legendaries may be distributed independently of future movies, which is essentially what happened with Victini. Not all 13 Unova legendaries will appear in movies, so Keldeo and the Musketeer trio may very well just have a role in the anime.

At any rate, Genesect being distributed in 2014 is an unreasonable expectation.

When you count Manaphy as an 'unrevealed Pokemon' it's very comparible to Victini, and therefore the Victini movie is equal to the Manaphy movie going with that logic. (despite Best Wishes already started) But then again, as stated, it's a new marketing strategy.
I still believe that every event Pokemon will have a movie to itself. But the release of Keldeo in February would relate to Darkrai's release back in 2007.

I'm personally hoping that the Musketeer Trio will appear in every movie, and then Keldeo will appear in the last to help free Pikachu from the wrath of Ash once and for all. Of course, this order would ruin the Pokedex order.

^thats reminds me of the regi trio and how they were in a lot of movies. Kelidio i hope will get a movie, and that it will be like celebi only it has a dark side. But then it loses its dark side but in the process dies. Then the muskiteer trio comes and resirects him. Then he is inally happy to be with his cohwarts, which he was regected by before because of his dark side.

Victini has already been revealed and has had its own download; I wouldn't say it's anywhere near comparable to Manaphy.

XD lol, WPM, I agree, go Water Pokemon!
Anyways, this is exiting, we now know how to get Victini

@WPM
I'm not entirely sure that I follow your reasoning. It's the 'cute' legendary of the 5th generation. It's the first event legendary out of 4 to be revealed. And Manaphy could be downloaded from Ranger, despite Ranger coming a few months before D/P.
So basically, Manaphy was revealed long before it's movie. The title "Pokémon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea" would make no sense, but Ranger was out a few months before the movie. Victini was an oddity of event Pokemon, as it was revealed before the games were even released. But as you said, different marketing strategies are being used.
That's just my interpretation of the situation of these two Pokemon.

If Keldeo is to be introduced for this movie, I think that it be some time late next month. Just before the global release. Kind of just a stab at out wait.

I like how no-one posted before WPM with their own opinion, but as soon as there was a post, everyone agrees. If you holding that opinion has nothing to do with it correlating with the Webmaster's, it would be nice to have more than a sentence stating just why.

People playing Ranger and the 'promotion of the movie' were active during the same time so there's no way to tell if Manaphy's slightly earlier existence in Ranger was there purely to advertise the oncoming movie. It's presumable but can't be absolutely ensured one way or the other.

We were first introduced to Victini in the preview for Zoroark: Master of Illusions, of course but Victini also was released 'early' under odd circumstances. If anything, Victini's was the more obvious event for people to know of it in the games to promote the movie. They're absolutely comparable because Manaphy was first available through a game and then released to have its own download, just as Victini is now.

When speaking of the first time people can get hold of either legitimately, although Victini's wifi event seemed more forced than Manaphy's availability in Ranger, it's the same kind of thing they're going for. Over-saturation of the star Pokemon works and I don't see how when the all-100-stat cute Pokemon of the generation has a similar way of being advertised to the public (through early availability) as the one of the previous generation that they're not comparable.

The only way to obtain or even see Manaphy's egg in the Japanese version of Ranger was to pre-order a movie ticket; it was only outside Japan that the egg was normally available. The way Victini has been handled is entirely different from that.

I'm pretty sure there won't be some other event pokémon in this movie. I bet the other download for this movie will be a special Zekrom. Victini is an event for this movie, and is going to know the special move V-Generate.

So my predicition... the other event will be Zekrom with the special move Freeze Bolt. It's a move that can't be learned by any pokémon (like V-Generate) so the only way would be to have an event pokémon that knows it. So... Zekrom!

A side note though... I am a little bummed that Zekrom is the Dark Hero. I was hoping for something... a little less blatent.

If Zekrom were the second event, it would be unfair to the White players who still wouldn't have access to Reshiram. Also, Freeze Bolt has Kyurem written all over it; Reshiram and Zekrom already have two signature moves each.

^I don't see what fairness has to do with anything. People have been complaining for years about the unfairness of events. If a White version player wants a Reshiram, they'll have to trade for one... or wait until a Reshiram event is announced. If Zekrom turns out to be the event, then a Reshiram event is sure to follow at some point.

As for the move belonging to Kyurem. It's called Freeze Bolt (which involves Ice and Electricity) so truthfully it works for EITHER dragon in that resepct. More than likely what will happen is: 1) This movie will have Victini with V-Generate and Zekrom with Freeze Bolt, 2) The next movie will involve another event legend and Reshiram with Cold Fire, 3) The third movie will involve yet another event legend and Kyurem will have it's signature move, Frozen World, as well as Freeze Bolt AND Cold Fire similar to the event Arcues which has Palkia, Dialga, and Giratina's signature moves along with it's own.

Hey can any one tell me how the events work with the ticket preorder being from Canada this is the first year we are able to participate in the events and i'm just curious

SuperMatt142 said:
People have been complaining for years about the unfairness of events.
Say what you will about the events, but they've never prioritized any specific class of players.

If a White version player wants a Reshiram, they'll have to trade for one... or wait until a Reshiram event is announced.
An entire year later? By then the third version will have been announced and it won't even matter.

The third movie will involve yet another event legend and Kyurem will have it's signature move, Frozen World, as well as Freeze Bolt AND Cold Fire similar to the event Arcues which has Palkia, Dialga, and Giratina's signature moves along with it's own.
Why should Kyurem be featured in the third movie instead of the second one, around which time the third version is likely to be released?

Also, Kyurem's current signature move, Frozen World, is a slightly more powerful version of Icy Wind. Why should it share Freeze Bolt and Cold Flare with Zekrom and Reshiram when they each already have two powerful signature moves?

@ Saraform

Not that I'm talking down events, but yes they have prioritized a specific class of player... at least the pre-DS ones did. They prioritized the player that could travel great distances for a pokémon they could not get any other way. I know when I was little my mom wouldn't drive the 6 hours to Atlanta just for me to get a pokémon.

As for having to wait longer to get a special Reshiram, it would be SPECIAL after all. Remember Regigigas from TRU? We got that well after everyone had already gotten Regigigas from Pearl or Diamond. The difference was that this Gigas was special, therefore still relevant. If the Reshiram has a move it can't get any other way, then it will still be relevant. Even if the third version IS out and you can get Reshiram in it (which is a hypothesis based on older games, they could make it where you can't get Reshiram and Zekrom in the game for all we know) the event Reshiram would still be worth having, if only for the special move it would know.

As for waiting for the third movie for a Kyurem introduction... that's a hypothesis. I'm not GF. I don't know, I'm just basing my hypothesis on the fact that there are 3 other event exclusives (Kerudio, Meloretta, and Genosect) which means thier could be up to 3 more movies not counting the Zekrom one. It's highly possible that each movie will feature 1 event exclusive (like Victini) and one dragon (Zekrom) leaving one event to get it's own movie or for a final movie involving ALL THREE dragons like the Arceus movie.

The final topic, the topic of Kyurem sharing moves with Zekrom and Reshiram, it doesn't matter how powerful Kyurem's level up signature move is. That doesn't mean that Freeze Bolt or Cold Flare won't end up on Zekrom and Reshiram. Let's say for sake of argument that they don't. That means that if the movie gives away Zekrom, there is NOTHING special about it. It won't unlock anything (unless potentially in a third game... but it's way to early for them to be makin events like that.. Regigigas only came out a couple months before Plaitnum). As events go that's pretty lame. I don't understand why all three can't get thier signature moves, plus event moves.. because as far as events go.. anything goes. The fact that event moves were even made shows that it's a possibility. I still site Arcues on this one. Palkia, Dialga, Giratina, and Arceus each have one signature move.. yet the event Arceus has 4.. one from each Dragon and then Judgement.

Anyway, I'm not saying they will do that. For all I know Kyurem will get the event moves and Zekrom and Reshiram won't. I was simply hypothsizing.. and since Freeze Bolt (Freeze, Ice - Bolt, Electric) and Cold Flare (Cold, Ice - Flare, Fire) reference two different types, I'm simply stating it as a possibility.

One final note, however, how do you know when the third game will be released? If your basing it on what the company has done before, that might not work. TPC is trying a lot of new stuff this gen so I don't see what's wrong with a little hypothesizing. I made my hypothesis, I'm ok with it, if you not.. then oh well. I'm sorry if Kyurem gets the raw end of the signature move deal, but that happens. Ask Mewtwo.. it didn't get a signature move til gen 5... and it's been around since gen 1. Or hey, for that matter Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza. They still don't have signature moves.

Back